PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Licence

flying snapper
8th Oct 2001, 12:37
I have heard a rumour that the NPPL will not be introduced until at least the Summer of 2002? Is this true? Does anyone know? I have only just failed my medical for the JAR (eyesight) and this is my last hope!! :eek: :eek:

Tocsin
8th Oct 2001, 21:11
The word I heard was that another round of consultation was required, leading to an implementation deferred to early to mid-2002 - there is info in the latest Flyer mag, I understand.

BEagle
9th Oct 2001, 01:10
Regrettably there were a few areas of the NPPL proposal requiring further clarification after the first Letter of Consultation; the NPPL Steering Committee is anxious that any remaining queries are answered as soon as possible so that the NPPL can be introduced as rapidly as the relevant legislative processes allow - as is the CAA. But a second Letter of Consultation appears inevitable, as does the associated delay.

Regrettably there has been some identifiable self-interest anti-NPPL lobbying from a particular group and some so-called 'expert' CAA Examiners have raised doubts - one in most vitriolic prose.

However, most people have been supportive. But the declared support from the 'silent majority' is urgently needed. If you want the NPPL to happen, write to AOPA, PFA, BGA, GAMTA or GAPAN and state your support.

[ 08 October 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

flying snapper
9th Oct 2001, 12:02
Thanks chaps for the replies - I will get in touch with AOPA and strongly voice my support. I really appreciate all your efforts BEagle!

Tocsin
13th Oct 2001, 13:41
BEagle,

Will the responses (including the vitriolic one!) be published? It would be nice to know the objections, even if un-founded, so that we can respond.

Regards,
Tocsin

BEagle
13th Oct 2001, 16:53
Tocsin - the replies are held in the CAA library at the Belgrano and are available for public viewing.