PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft crash at Compton Abbas

Bright-Ling
11th Aug 2001, 21:29
Apparantly a light aircraft has crashed at Compton Abbas airfield, with the sad loss of life.

Jumbo Driver
12th Aug 2001, 00:59
Yes, a Yak-52 about 1 mile N of the field. It seems to have spun in, apparently, after doing some aeros at around 1530 BST. Solo, pilot died, no others involved. Sad day - condolences to all concerned.

Norma Spartz
14th Aug 2001, 01:11
The Times named the pilot today as Christopher Philpott. Anybody know if he is the same guy who was an F/E with ASL out in HKG a few years back, and ex Fat Alberts? Sad news - condolences to his loved ones.

catswhisker
14th Aug 2001, 03:35
Affirm, NS.

Windy Militant
14th Aug 2001, 16:27
One of nature's gentlemen. Heartfelt condolences to his Family.

Sagittarius Rising
14th Aug 2001, 18:21
My condolences to the family, a very sad loss.I drove past the airfield and saw the fire engines and ambulances, and unfortunately feared the worst. The Yaks in the local area do wind the odd person up,but to many they provide a very exciting evenings entertainment. I hope that the other guys can get over the club's loss and provide the airfield the much needed attraction that it provides.A very sad day for Clive and all at Compton Abbas.

wrecker
15th Aug 2001, 13:08
I was very sorry to hear the news I met Chris many times at Compton Abbas He very definately was one of nature's gentlemen. I have fond memories of an evening with him when we both happened to be nightstopping in Dubai very convivial company. he will be missed

B17 PLT
16th Aug 2001, 21:04
Great guy

Great loss

Flip-flop you will never grow old....

RIP