PDA

View Full Version : Skyforce IIIc

long final
2nd Oct 2001, 18:21
My sydicate has a Skyforce IIIc, and I am at the moment planing to make a yoke bracket for the kit, due to other members informing me that the bracket you can buy is large, obstructing instrument view, and time consuming to fit and remove from the a/c. I have not been able to find a picture of the bracket on the net, and wondered if anyone had any advise regarding this issue. I would prefer to buy a factory manufactured bracket over a home made one, if the above problems were removed.
Regards
LF :confused:

STurns
6th Oct 2001, 13:33
Have a look at www.ram-mounts.com. (http://www.ram-mounts.com.)

long final
7th Oct 2001, 14:19
Thanks for the response STurns, but the link doesnt seem to work.
LF

Toppers
7th Oct 2001, 22:14
In case you find no other alternative I think I might have a mounting bracket you can have FOC.

long final
8th Oct 2001, 15:52
Thanks for the reply Topper, I've mailed you at your pilot address.
Regards
LF

STurns
11th Oct 2001, 21:48
LF,

It's actually www.ram-mount.com (http://www.ram-mount.com)

You should find something amongst that lot!

Regards,

STurns

Genghis the Engineer
12th Oct 2001, 12:41
Whenever I see a GPS in a Yoke bracket I think of an unhappy and unplanned arrival I once had in a hedge, and how the GPS and my rib-cage would have got on had it been a bit harder.

G

long final
12th Oct 2001, 14:04
Ok, re Genghis's comment - how about expanding the problem. How do you ( a general you ) mount, position or stick your gps system? Currently I use the strap on knee method, and would maybe counter Genghis's argument - sometimes wondering if I have an unexpected arrival to terra firma whether I would be able to unstrap myself from all the items attached to different parts of my anatomy ;) - I also find that having to stick my head up and down to see the thing a tad disorientating.
All comments greatly welcome.
Regards
LF

Genghis the Engineer
15th Oct 2001, 09:56
A fair comment, well made.

No, I don't have an answer to it. But I still don't like having a pound of plastic and metal located just in front of my rib cage.

G