PDA

View Full Version : Recording Differences Training and Qualification

Okavango
8th Sep 2010, 14:34
Whereabouts in your logbook are others recording the gaining of eg a Night Qualification or differences training for tailwheel etc? Do you just put it in the remarks and endorsements section of the flights concerned? Seems odd not to have this info in the front of the book. Only asking as my logbook has no way of recording in a summary at the front anything other than 'Ratings' which is just for IR etc?

chris-h
8th Sep 2010, 18:26
I think if its not a rating, ie Night qualification or Difference training then it just goes in the remarks section signed by the instructor

Rod1
8th Sep 2010, 18:59
My EFIS differences training got me a nice official sticker, which took up about 20% of a page…

Rod1

Ryan5252
8th Sep 2010, 19:38
I changed type from one SEP to another shortly after PPL. The flight was recorded as normal but on the line across the page the instructor wrote; Dual check completed OK for solo hire followed by his licence number. Very clear that I have been signed off on Type. Depending on logbook I suppose but mine has space at the front to include various types of information including ratings held, airfields visited, medical expiry etc though I don't actually use this. Also, I think the Night qualification removes the day time only restriction on your license so I would assume whatever updates are to be made by the CAA should be stored in your licence wallet?

Talkdownman
8th Sep 2010, 19:43
In June 2003 FCL issued FIs with Guidance Notes for 'Differences Training in Accordance with JAR-FCL 1.235 and 2.235' which includes the sticky labels. The labels 'are to be inserted into the student's log book on the "special qualification page" (if there is one...) following completion of the Differences Training'. It goes on to say: "As a last resort it may be included with the flight details on the daily pages". So there.

Ryan5252
8th Sep 2010, 19:51
More information is here FLYER Forums • View topic - Differences sign off (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52461&start=0)

Whopity
8th Sep 2010, 20:04
The labels 'are to be inserted into the student's log book on the "special qualification page"I wonder if Gatwick has any more sticky labels, the last time I asked for some they had run out!

Duchess_Driver
8th Sep 2010, 23:53
Quick and simple over the hours columns of the standard PPL logbook I would write "differences training in XXX completed satisfactorily." then sign with licence number.

Seems to be the way it was recorded when I was on the receiving end of these training sessions - so I'm just carrying on the tradition!