PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild Argus group anyone?

FNG
13th Jun 2001, 13:52
Would anyone be interested in forming a group of four to six pilots to buy and operate a beautiful Fairchild Argus which I saw at Little Snoring the other day and which is for sale. The idea would be to keep it at a field within 1.5 hours drive from central London. If the owner of the aircraft is reading this, kindly email me: [email protected] (I was the bloke with the Cap 10 who was nosing around your aircraft as you came back to it to depart).

edit: why not say four to eight pilots, or whatever.

[This message has been edited by FNG (edited 13 June 2001).]

stiknruda
13th Jun 2001, 16:02
FNG - see that aircraft quite a bit as it doesn't live to far from me.

Forgotten the owners name but his tel# is

01603 755317

or

07979 500 859

(the numbers came from the back of the classifieds in Flyer mag)

Stik

FNG
13th Jun 2001, 16:08
Many thanks for that Stik, I haven't seen the magazines lately (must renew subs)

I believe that there are two Arguses in that GA paradise called Norfolk. The one I saw was in Silver with US military markings, the other one is, I gather, painted blue in a civvie scheme. I recall seeing an ad for another one in a different military scheme in the last year or so. Do you know which is the one currently in the magazines?

stiknruda
13th Jun 2001, 20:24
Aah!

The light blue civvy liveried aircraft is the one to which I was referring.

The military one lives even closer!

If you want contact details drop me a note.

Stik

Negative 'G'
13th Jun 2001, 22:46
Ah,you'll be refering to the lovely G-AJPI (USAF 314887),I've got some very fond memories of flying in her,a mate of mine used to own a share in her about 6/7 years ago when it was based at liverpool,unfortunately shortly afterwards the undercarriage collapsed on landing at Liverpool,leaving a bit of a mess but it was all repaired by Liverpool based 'Keenair'back to its glory as can be seen now.
There are two Engine variants of the Argus,the Ranger (165hp) which is in G-AJPI,and the Warner super-scarab(145hp),the majority have the more powerful Ranger.
As for performance,I've never known a single with as much lifting power,Full tanks and almost 4 people can operate comfortably out of small grass strips. :)

Ah if only times where different,I'd definately be considering her for myself.
Incidently the t/p nos given in pilot is :-

01603 754272 (Day)

01603 893328 (Night)

Good luck,you'll have a lot of fun with her. :)

FNG
14th Jun 2001, 10:10
I certainly like the idea of flying around with "almost 4 people"! :) :) :). Seriously though, many thanks for the info