PDA

View Full Version : Second solo session...

Simon W
12th Jun 2001, 15:54
Did my second solo session yesterday. 55 minutes of circuits on my own. I was quite surprised that I wasn't nervous, infact I was really enjoying myself and was dissapointed when I had to come down! This flying lark is too addictive! I just hope my bank manager understands my craving! :-)

Congratulations again to Aussie Andy for passing his skills test. I look forward to the day when I do the same!

Simon

kanga
12th Jun 2001, 22:47
welcome to the most addictive drug on the face of the planet.

SteveR
13th Jun 2001, 17:27
I did my second hour of solo at Headcorn, having trained thus far at Rochester.

New instructor (for the first 3 circuits), new a/c, new aerodrome, new set of local procedures.

It was fantastic.

This wonderful world with its own language was all beginning to make sense, and the satisfaction gained from circuiting a strange set of landmarks and still making acceptable approaches was tremendous.

A tip: You'll be off on navs soon, when you land away, do a go-around on the arrival (to really get your eye in) then ask the instructor to let you do a couple of solo circuits. It really helps you start the transition from judging circuits from known landmarks to judging them with relation to the runway itself.

Steve R

------------------
PPL(A) EGTO
View my logbook, back up your own:
http://www.e-logbooks.co.uk

Aussie Andy
13th Jun 2001, 21:59
Simon W,

Well done - and thanks for your kind words!

Now I just have to wait for the paperwork to go through...

Andy :)