PDA

View Full Version : Couple on motorcycle trip looking to hitchhike the skies from S.America to Australia

take2dsky
5th Sep 2010, 22:31
Hi,

My wife and I are on a round-the-world motorcycle trip, which started in Singapore 2.5 years ago (Singapore2Poland (http://www.singapore2poland.com)). We are currently in Columbia and plan to complete the South America leg of our trip sometime in December 2010, after which we want to head across the Pacific to Australia.

We hate taking the boring (and expensive) option of airline travel, so are looking at the possibility of 'hitching a ride' on a private or ferry flight from South America or the U.S.

Can anyone advise on how to go about this, suggest where to search or share their experience on trans-Pacific ferry flights?

I hold a Private Pilots License issued in Australia (also converted to a Malaysian PPL), so can claim to have some experience in Aviation and I would be more than happy to help out in any aspects of the trip.

We are not restricted by any time frames, accustomed to long journeys and harsh conditions. 115,000km's through Asia, the Middle East and Africa should be testimony to that :)

FYI. the bikes would NOT be flying with us.

Cheers,
take2dsky

jxc
6th Sep 2010, 07:25
I'm jealous

But you might might be batter trying this in maybe biz jet forum or one of the other forum

good luck

take2dsky
6th Sep 2010, 15:54
thanks jxc :ok:
I'll try there as well.