PDA

View Full Version : Dr.U.H.(Helena)Hamilton

fallen eagle
9th Jun 2001, 21:19
Hi does anyone have any info on this dear lady a long time friend of mine,we seem to have lost touch in recent months and I saw her D.H.Hornet moth G-AHBL (Horny) on t.v. the other evening with a new owner which surprised me as I always thought that famous a/c would end up at the Shuttleworth collection.So anyone in the Chesterfield area please enlighten me cos last time I spoke to I realised she was becoming very infirm.. thanks bye for now

AirScream
10th Jun 2001, 12:50
You might find more luck posting your question on the Popular Flying Association forum.

http://www.pfanet.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Good Luck.

2Donkeys
10th Jun 2001, 14:42
There is a reference at the very botton of

http://cloudancer100.tripod.com/id13.htm

to the aircraft having been involved in a mishap landing at a private field. The page suggests that the aircraft was restored to flying condition though.

The name of the owner of private site at which the accident occurred is the same as that given in G-INFO for the aircraft's current owner...

Presumably the aircraft changed hands immediately following the incident.

-2Donkeys

LowNSlow
10th Jun 2001, 19:56
If you saw it on Vintage & Veteran, it was filmed at last years Woburn Rally not this year's.

fallen eagle
10th Jun 2001, 22:59
Thanks guys will try the PFA. The A/C crashed at Langham North Norfolk several years back the doc,Helena was on her way to Stauning in Denmark solo a trip she frequently made.On this occaision she decided to call in at langham to pick up some spare plugs from Henry Labouchere but, by her own admission got a bit slow on the approach,hence a bent Hornet moth.Henry restored the a/c.I have been unable to contact her by phone hence the request as she is in her 80s now there is no telling.My original request for info stands bye for now

100LL
12th Jun 2001, 03:10
Done some asking about today at EGNE and a couple of people think she passed away the end of last year

fallen eagle
13th Jun 2001, 10:06
IOO LL thanks I rather thought as much,one of those things you suspect but dont realy want to enquire about.I spent many hours in various a/c with her day/night here and abroad,she was an incredible person.A one of aviationc true characters. bye for now