PDA

View Full Version : Compton Abbas and my QXC!

Rusty Cessna
9th Jun 2001, 20:20
Just to let you all know that today I finally did my QXC, you know, the one I posted about around 3 months ago! Weather has stopped it every time so far but today I finally got it done!

It went very smoothly but not perfectly to plan! Overall a great day with huge satisfaction..

Also I would to express some thanks to the crew at Compton, even though my stay was breif I really did get to experience the freindly atmosphere of what a A/G field is all about.

So if anyone knows the crew who were on today could you please pass on my regards and thanks for the assistance and well wishes(from the kid on the QXC), thanks very much.

Thanks also to all who gave me advice on the flight.

Rusty

Aussie Andy
9th Jun 2001, 23:03
Well done!

You'll have your license before you know it... (I just passed my Skills Test today http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif )

Andy

[This message has been edited by Aussie Andy (edited 09 June 2001).]

Rusty Cessna
10th Jun 2001, 14:15
Nice one Andy!

I reckon I will have me skills test in a week or so.

Cheers,
Rusty

Fast Jet Wannabe
10th Jun 2001, 14:26
Hey RUSTY!

You didn't tell me! What a cheek... :) Well done mate, AT LAST!

Now get that skills test booked please!

Speak to you later,

---

Also congratulations to Andy - it's a great feeling isn't it!

FJW.

LowNSlow
10th Jun 2001, 20:08
Nice one Rusty. Glad you finally did it. Good luck with the rest of it.

Aren't grass fields fun. Next thing you know you'll be out getting yourself a little PFA single seater and cutting the cost of your flying by 2/3rds and enjoying the hundreds of grass strips and airfields around the country.

Join the PFA and see a different side of GA flying. There have been articles in both Pilot and Flyer about the "cheap" side of flying recently.

DOC.400
10th Jun 2001, 23:20
At last!

Well done RC.

Whirlybird
11th Jun 2001, 00:05
Congratulations Rusty :) :) :) :) :)

------------------
Whirly

To fly is human, to hover, divine.

FNG
11th Jun 2001, 17:00
Very well done to both Rusty (QXC) and Aussie Andy (Skill Test). A great time to be getting your licences with, hopefully, some good summer flying in the months ahead.