PDA

View Full Version : The Cub has gone, long live the Cub.

LowNSlow
30th Jul 2001, 01:36
I finally bit the bullet and p/x'd the Cub for an Auster Autocrat.

The Cub was lovely but I finally had to have something a bit faster and semi-aerobatic with side by side seating so I can take the little 'un flying.

I took her up today (she's 3) and she loved it (all say ahhh).

All I need now are the "aerobatic seats" so I can do loops, rolls and stall turns. Anybody know someone who has a pair (or just one) tucked away in their shed, loft or hanger?

A long range belly tank and wind driven generator would be nice too.

Five free pints at the next Gatbash (I'll be there next time, honest) for the successful finder. That's beer by the way, I can't afford 5 pints of spirits :D

wysiwyg
30th Jul 2001, 03:11
Ah, the dear old Auster. Great for short field landings - just line up 5 short fields in a row and do one bounce in each!!!

:D
wizzy

stiknruda
30th Jul 2001, 22:10
LnS

Speak to Ron Neal at Leicester - he may just be able to help you out!

And if he does, will you change yr name from LnS to Porteus Loop?

Stik

Captain Airclues
31st Jul 2001, 00:35
I hope that the Auster is easier to start than the Cub! Bring it down to White waltham if you fancy another cuppa.

Airclues

Yogi-Bear
31st Jul 2001, 16:25
A belly tank and various other bits are being advertised on The International Auster Owners' website presently. :)
Don't have the URL handy but the contact tel. no. is 0780 165 9483 :p and R.N's tel no. is:- 0116 259 3629 ;)

[ 31 July 2001: Message edited by: Yogi-Bear ]

LowNSlow
3rd Aug 2001, 01:50
wysiwyg, I've done 2 landings without the Tigger effect so far!

stick & yogi, ta very much, I'll follow up on your tips.

Cap'n, even with a chunky metal prop and an impulse mag, I've still failed to start her when warm. I think I'm getting the knack know though :D I'll be down for another cuppa soon. How's your son's Cub going?