PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plans on the WWW ? & Fuel Drawback ?

mfds
26th Jul 2001, 14:02
Is it possible to file a flight plan online or via email ? Or is NATS not yet in the 21st century !

Also, its been a number of years since I took a light a/c to France, their used to be a 'fuel drawback' claiming the tax back, does this still exist and how does one go about making the claim ?

JB007
26th Jul 2001, 14:12
There are a number of very very good flight planning systems (that are also very expensive!)around that require just a telephone line for the connection but mainly aimed at a commercial operation. I know of no website that GA a/c are able to file plans. Would be interested to hear if there was ????

Yep, fuel drawback still available...the forms should be in any good flight planning area and all intructions are on the back with address to send it to.

Simon W
26th Jul 2001, 14:15
Potential business idea there me thinks? Pay a monthly subscription and file your flight plans online. What kind of demand would there be for a service like this in GA?

Regards,

Simon

mfds
26th Jul 2001, 14:23
Thanks
How much is the 'Fuel Drawback' worth ?

Vedeneyev
26th Jul 2001, 14:59
wapmx.com used to allow you to file flightplans for free via the web and via your mobile phone if you were so inclined. Not sure if they're still doing it but at least you can get TAF's and METAR's to your phone.

Cahlibahn
26th Jul 2001, 15:02
You can file on-line at http://www.sky-alliance.com/index_en.html It isn't reallyfiling on line as all it seems to do is fax the plan. Worth a look at though.

Haven't tried it myself as I just fax from my PC.

Aussie Andy
26th Jul 2001, 17:05
Fax from the PC sounds like the easy answer. Do you have an electronic version of the form, or can you say where to get it?

Andy

[ 26 July 2001: Message edited by: Aussie Andy ]

New Bloke
26th Jul 2001, 19:57
Andy

I have a word version of the Customs declaration form, drop me an e-mail if you want it. That goes for anyone else. It is editable and all you have to do is paste a scanned copy of your signature into the last box.

The Customs form is the one you need to send customs 4 hours before you RETURN to a non customs field.

WXMAP used to let you file from there but I couldn't find the facility last time I looked. I suggested to Avbrief that a flight plan file service would be a good idea but they didn't bother responding to my mail. Ho Hum

englishal
26th Jul 2001, 22:36
Its crap and typical that you have to pay to file a flight plan in the UK and Europe!...As far as demand for paying a monthly fee for filing online....if it was included in the cost of say Avbrief, I'd use it, otherwise I'd just fax from my PC.....

BTW Jeppesen Flightstar has good flight plan templates which it can complete for you, or you can print the blank.

Fuji Abound
26th Jul 2001, 23:19
WapMx did have an electronic flight plan - I asked them why it was discontinued - they said there was little use made of the service. I have a Word version of the flight plan if that helps. If you havent got a fax machine to hand try the "over the phone" service with Heathrow - very good, and always very friendly.

Flybywyre
27th Jul 2001, 01:40
mfds..........
Fuel drawback is currently £0.2734 per litre.
Regards
FBW

mfds
28th Jul 2001, 13:20
Thanks for all the replies.

(Going from say White Waltham to France could save 55p/ltr on fuel with fuel drawback and cheaper prices ..... almost £60 if I fill up, half the flying cost !)

[ 28 July 2001: Message edited by: mfds ]

Kermit 180
28th Jul 2001, 13:41
I understand the NZ Airways Corporation has the ability for pilots in the NZ FIR to lodge IFR plans and shortly they will be able to file a VFR plan online too. Cool, eh.

Kermie :)

Flybywyre
29th Jul 2001, 13:15
mfds.............
White Waltham to Le Touquet I have done a few times, including yesterday, in a PA28. The fuel drawback amounts to £46.47.
Regards
FBW