PDA

View Full Version : US Verification of Foreign License

Local Variation
1st Sep 2010, 20:06
Has anyone got any experience of applications to the FAA for verification of a CAA licensing ?

Posted mine to DOT FAA Oklahoma City over a month ago now and not a dicky bird back and no response to email requests for updates.

CAA responded inside a week.

Thanks LV.

Local Variation
1st Sep 2010, 20:19
Yeah, followed the procedure as laid out.

When I say the CAA responded, they acknowledged receipt, which is good enough for me to know my request is being dealt with in a timely manner down at Gatters.

I understand the process can take some time Stateside, but a simple acknowledgement from them in the meantime that you are at least in the process isn't that much to ask.

Thanks for your time and response.

Local Variation
1st Sep 2010, 20:49
Ok, cheers.

Jwscud
1st Sep 2010, 21:31
They have a reputation for being efficient - I faxed my application through as per the instructions a few months back and got my letter of verification within 3 weeks.

All it cost me was the ripoff £42 fee to the CAA

7of9
2nd Sep 2010, 00:07
They have a reputation for being efficient - I faxed my application through as per the instructions a few months back and got my letter of verification within 3 weeks.

All it cost me was the ripoff £42 fee to the CAA

Same here, went over in May to have my interview & issued with my Temporary licence & flew off that. Have since had my FREE plastic card licence through, it took 2 months to be processed.

Trev:ok:

Maoraigh1
2nd Sep 2010, 03:06
I did this in the spring and the response from the FAA surprised me with its promptness, though I can't remember the exact details.