PDA

View Full Version : SYWELL LAA rally this weekend

trevs99uk
1st Sep 2010, 09:34
Any body else going...

Slots and airrival information.

like the bit about
Don,t worry about not having a slot turn up anyway and they will squeeze you in.
Also if you have a slot and running early/late again don,t worry.

Sywell Aerodrome - Events - Fly-In Bookings (http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/bookings.php)

joining instructions and additional information
http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/docume ... 010aic.pdf

Arrivals and airfield guide.
http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/docume ... photos.pdf

trevor

hatzflyer
1st Sep 2010, 10:21
What are you in Trev?( see post on other forum).

trevs99uk
1st Sep 2010, 12:03
Sat 10:45 Ce172 G-BHUJ

and maybe another day in my X,air G-TSKD

rgds trevor

hatzflyer
1st Sep 2010, 12:15
Check the list, you are not listed at 10.45 on Sat. I had the same problem and found that it had swapped me to Friday when I clicked on the confirmation. I've just checked and your 172/ reg doesn't appear at 10.45 or any time close that I can see.:sad:

trevs99uk
2nd Sep 2010, 12:53
My colleague booked it and told me it was 10:45 checked the bookings and its 10:15...

Also met up with a pilot friend yesterday who,s building an rv10 asked him if he,s going yes by road as i can,t get a slot.. Asked him has he actually read the Booking page as it quotes this...

Please note: you will not be turned away if you miss your slot time so if you are unable to predict your arrival time just book a slot late in the day. Priority is given to those arriving within 15 minutes of their slot time so you may be held up to allow others to land first if you are late or early. Slot times are local time.

trevor

trevs99uk
2nd Sep 2010, 12:56
Also check Notams as theres a display at Duxford and a few other places this weekend..
Red Arrows and the BBMF will be about somewhere...

trevor

robin
2nd Sep 2010, 16:23
Having just read the joining instructions I'm not sure how Sywell will handle priorities as described.

I'm planning for a mid-morning arrival but if morning fog stops us leaving we plan to launch as soon as it clears.
As I see it you just fit into the arrival stream. It isn't possible to know whether the one in front is a gate-crasher or not.

hatzflyer
3rd Sep 2010, 07:49
Trev, glad your booking was OK , I thought it may have changed the day like it did with me first time round.

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
3rd Sep 2010, 08:12
Hope to see lots of forumites there, Self and Champ Chump scheduled for 12:42 & 12:43 respectively (fog permitting).

See you all there.

Safe Flying,
Richard W.

hatzflyer
3rd Sep 2010, 08:29
Are you both St Omer next week ?

Sir George Cayley
3rd Sep 2010, 16:51
The Cranfield years always (in my memory) seemed blessed with good weather leading me to believe God was a member of the PFA:)

Looking at the forecast it seems He's renewed His membership:ok:

Best of luck and have a great time, really sorry I can't get there:{:{

Sir George Cayley

Jn14:6
5th Sep 2010, 17:39
Just returned from the rally.(By road unfortunately)
What a great weekend, back to the feel of the 'good old days' of the Flying For Fun rallies.Weather behaved too!
Around 700 movements, so I was told.
Well done to all at the LAA, Sywell, and to those making the effort to visit.:D