PDA

View Full Version : PPL Ground School

tiger burn
26th Jul 2001, 12:10
Can anyone recommend a central London facility for ground school day/evening courses?

Many thanks!

SouthXross
26th Jul 2001, 13:58
If you buy me beer at lunch time I will give you the ground school for free...no seriously you don’t need to spend money on ground school. Get the Trevor Thom books and the PPL confuser anything more you need you'll get from Pprune and fellow aviators.

SX :D

tiger burn
26th Jul 2001, 14:25
Gee thanks SX, what about exams though?

FNG
26th Jul 2001, 14:39
You can take the exams (which are pretty easy really) and do the r/t practical at Guildhall University by Tower Hill. I would suggest that, in addition to the Thom or Pratt books and the Confuser, you read Flight Wuithout Formulae and Stick and Rudder, hang out here and in the Tech Log and Flying Instructors fora, insist on good long briefings from your own instructor and ask him/her lots about met, aerodynamics etc whilst buying him/her many beers when the long day's flying is done. Have fun on your ppl course.

tiger burn
26th Jul 2001, 15:37
FNG, Thank you!

You want it when?
26th Jul 2001, 20:44
Tiger Burn - if you fancy a beer in London Central and a mutal cross check of the ground school stuff then I'm your man. I'm at the begining of my PPL (7 hours) and reading / re-reading Thom Law and the PPL confuser. Always willing to cross test and drink beer :D