PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get extra night hours!

Crosswind Limits
31st Aug 2010, 14:04
Hello

Not sure where to post this but will try here..........

Anyone with any suggestions about hiring out a single in the South-East (Essex ideal or thereabouts) for some night hours?

Would prefer to have something EFIS equipped if not too expensive (C172, DA20/40 or SR20/22). An SR22 would be nice but probably not worth the money for what I need!:p

Basically my predicament is this. I fly bizjets commercially but for the last year I have only been freelancing. Unlike the airlines we don't get that much night flying so I have ended up needing 20 hours to get to 100 night so I can apply for my ATPL. There is the possibility of a full winters flying but if not I really want to have the hours before my next LPC in April 2011 so that I can combine the LPC with an ATPL skills test.

My SEP lapsed in June 2009 so I'll need to get that back firstly. My CPL is current so my night qualification is ok.

Any pointers much appreciated! :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
31st Aug 2010, 15:14
There's a couple of nice EFIS equipped C172s at Wycombe Air Centre; Wycombe Air Park does open occasionally for night flying but the best bet is to phone and ask when.

Almost certainly your best airfields for GA night landings in the southern UK at the moment are Southend, Bournemouth and Cardiff.

G

will fly for food 06
31st Aug 2010, 15:17
In the south east but not Essex i'm afraid. Flying time at Shoreham have G1000 equipped DA40 and DA42s. Goodwood have Cessna 172s with G1000 but are alot more expensive and the flying school was only open for night flying twice during the last winter.

Zulu Alpha
31st Aug 2010, 16:01
Old Buckenham does night flying. No idea what aircraft etc but worth a google.

ZA