PDA

View Full Version : AIS NOTAM briefing unlicensed a/d

Mike Cross
31st Aug 2010, 13:22
The change to allow training from unlicensed aerodromes has led to a number of a/d deciding to go unlicensed. Since the AIP only includes licensed a/d it has also resulted in them no longer appearing in the AIP. As no information about them is published in the AIP it follows that there will be no NOTAM to advise of changes. EAD took them off the database, which meant that they could not be used as Departure, Arrival or Alternate in a brief.

However, even if they are unlicensed and don't appear in the AIP they still have ICAO indicators and it would be useful if they could be used. Following a request from me to AIS they have now been re-instated in the database so you can use them in a brief, although you'll never get a NOTAM for them.

The a/d in question are EGHU (Eaglescott), EGML (Damyns Hall), EGNU (Full Sutton), EGPJ (Fife Glenrothes), EGSJ (Seething) and EGSN (Bourn)

peter272
31st Aug 2010, 13:46
...and Elstree?

Mike Cross
31st Aug 2010, 21:23
When makes you think Elstree's dropped out of the AIP?

glorygal
31st Aug 2010, 21:38
Their licence was revoked due to the state of the runway. :} It will be closed for resurfacing w/c 6th Sept.

Mike Cross
1st Sep 2010, 06:37
Apologies, irony screens were clearly in full working order.:\

However I think you'll find it's not been "revoked".
Q) EGTT/QFALT/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5139N00020W005
B) FROM: 10/07/24 19:56C) TO: 10/10/15 10:00 EST
E) AD MUST NOT BE USED BY ACFT REQUIRING THE USE OF A LICENSED AD.
IN EXERCISE OF ITS POWERS UNDER ARTICLE 228(2) OF THE ORDER AND IN
ACCORDANCE WITH REGULATION 6(4) OF THE CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
(CAA) REGULATIONS 1991, THE CAA PROPOSES TO TEMPORARILY SUSPEND THE
AD LICENCE P486 GRANTED TO MONTCLARE SHIPPING COMPANY LIMITED.
THE SUSPENSION IS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT ON 16 JUL 2010.

Quite why the wording is "The CAA proposes to" rather than "The CAA has" eludes me.