PDA

View Full Version : HP F2400 Printer - little nicks in the paper

WE Branch Fanatic
31st Aug 2010, 11:28
Trivial but annoying: every printed page seems to have a little nick in the top edge. Hmmm!

Actually its two nicks - presumably where the wheels inside the printer touch the paper. Hardly noticible, but possibly something to worry about if printing important letters.

Arrgh!

It is a HP Deskjet F2400 printer. Not sure if it can be opened at the back. Any ideas?

mixture
31st Aug 2010, 14:31
Is your paper correctly inserted and the guides correctly set ?
Is the printer picking up the paper ok or is it misfeeding or not gripping occasionally ?
What paper are you using ? (weight, coatings ?)
Are you fanning the paper stack before loading ? Have you tried turning the stack over ?
Was it always like this ? Or did it recently start happening ? (e.g. did you clear a paperjam incorrectly by tugging ? )
Have you looked up and followed roller cleaning instructions ?

see also...
HP Deskjet F2400 All-in-One series- HP Deskjet F2400 Series All-in-One Printers - The Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper - c02143938 - HP Business Support Center (http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3811093&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3811093&objectID=c02143938)

WE Branch Fanatic
31st Aug 2010, 15:40
Just bog standard white paper. I don't think that I did this originally, I may well have tugged at a jam.

What can I do more make it stop nicking?

Edit: Took it back to the shop, and they said they'd replace it. Sadly that model is no longer made!

mixture
31st Aug 2010, 15:54
If you can get access to the innards, worth checking to see if there are any obstructions and that the rollers are all fine.

WE Branch Fanatic
12th Sep 2010, 21:21
Now replaced with a Kodak ESP3250 - but when I print the paper still has tiny "nicks" in the top edge, in the same place.

Any ideas?

Worth going back to the shop?

green granite
12th Sep 2010, 21:25
Are you sure they're not there before they go through the printer?

islander539
12th Sep 2010, 21:28
Seems as if the paper may have these "nicks" before going though printer. Have you checked this?

WE Branch Fanatic
19th Sep 2010, 19:13
Still no joy. The nicks are not present in the paper before printer - it's as if one of the rollers catches one of the edges and bends it... arrgh.

I thought it might be related to having set up and configured the printer of surface that was less than 100% level and firm, so I've put in new shelf for it. But alas, same problem, Tried cleaning the print head and calibrating the printer again but nothing.

Arrgh!