PDA

View Full Version : 'Rapid' flight guide

Ringway Flyer
30th Aug 2010, 18:28
Has anyone used this guide? how does it compare to the usual AFE or Pooley's offerings?

Pianorak
31st Aug 2010, 06:50
I have in the past and found it compared favourably with the others. One useful feature is the ICAO location indicators – decode.
Irrespective of which flight guide you use cross-referencing with the IAIP-listed aerodromes is always a good idea.

Genghis the Engineer
31st Aug 2010, 09:15
I keep old copies of Pooleys and AFE on my desk for reference, both have an ICAO decode section (at the front of AFE, at the back of Pooleys).

G

Ringway Flyer
31st Aug 2010, 11:24
Thanks for your comments. I've ordered one.

I'm still waiting for a response to my e-mail to AFE regarding the update to my loose leaf guide (over a week, now). We were planning to go to the IoM today, but my flying partner is not fit to fly.

I looked at my guide, and also the PDF updates, for Ronaldsway, and neither showed the new starter section on 26. (But AFE did try to describe it). So it's as well that I looked at the CAA web site.... It'll be intereting to see if Rapid is up to date. Oh and the Manx Flyers 'phone number is wrong in the AFE guide too, but correct in the 2009 Pooley's.

RF

Pianorak
31st Aug 2010, 12:10
, both have an ICAO decode section (at the front of AFE, at the back of Pooleys).

So they have – well, I never! :hmm: