PDA

View Full Version : ORS4 No. 756

BEagle
28th Aug 2010, 09:02
All pilots operating under the exemption of ORS 4 No. 756 (which permits non-NPPL UK CAA-issued pilot licence holders to continue SEP Class Rating privileges with a Medical Declaration rather than a JAA Medical Certificate - and restricts them to the same privileges as the SSEA Class Rating) should note that ORS4 No. 756 expires at midnight on Tuesday 31 Aug 2010. It has not yet been re-issued.

I expect the re-issue to be signed on Tuesday; however, the re-issue is likely to introduce some significant changes - please watch this space!!

flybymike
28th Aug 2010, 15:07
Aww, go on give us a clue...teaser...

BEagle
1st Sep 2010, 16:13
The CAA has now issued a General Exemption which replaces the now obsolete ORS4 No. 756.

A re-wording now states that an 'appropriate Class Rating' must be held by pilots operating under this Exemption. An appropriate Class Rating means one which gives the privilege to fly the aircraft concerned. This will be the applicable SSEA, SLMG or Microlight Class Rating - or an SEP Class Rating (with differences training where SLMG and/or Microlight privileges are exercised on the SEP Class Rating).

The main change is that henceforth an SEP Class Rating cannot be 'included, renewed or revalidated' in a JAR-FCL pilot licence unless the pilot holds a JAA Medical Certificate.

This means that those currently using an SEP Class Rating under the previous ORS4 No.756 may continue to do so until its expiry date. At that point, it will be replaced by a SSEA Class Rating; if SLMG and/or Microlight privileges were exercised on the SEP Class Rating, the relevant Class Ratings will also be issued.

I have reminded the CAA of their agreement that, where a licence holder is obligated by regulatory change to have such additional Class Ratings included in this/her licence, PLD have agreed that there will be no charge.

One significant benefit of having multiple Class Ratings is that the 'consolidated revalidation criteria' originally introduced for the NPPL by the 2008 ANO change now also applies to, for example, lifetime UK PPL holders with SSEA and Microlight Class Ratings - which can lead to a significant cost saving. These can be viewed in Table 2 of Section 3 of Part C of Schedule 7 to the ANO.

There is another exemption which merely regularises Medical Declarations which were countersigned other than by the holder's GP prior to 9 June 2010.

The General Exemption will be included in the Official Record Series 4 shortly; an AIC will also be released giving full details.

BEagle
3rd Sep 2010, 16:38
The exemption has been re-issued as ORS4 No. 816 'The use of a Medical declaration with Pilot Licences other than NPPL when flying SSEA, SLMG and Microlight Aeroplanes'.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ORS4_816.pdf

cct
3rd Sep 2010, 17:50
I had a near panic when I read it - my declaration was signed after 9th June.

Then I re-read it

Phew...