PDA

View Full Version : FBO in the south of the Netherlands

BayAreaLondoner
31st May 2001, 08:39
Hello,

I'm going to be in the Netherlands in July and am looking go flying while I'm there. Any trainer would be great (C152, C172, Piper, Katana, etc.)
I'll be in the province of Limburg. Local towns are Eindhoven and Venlo, so an airport around there would be what I'm looking for, or alternatively an airport in a neighbouring part of Germany.
I have an FAA private license, and I'd want to go up with an instructor (not that they'd let me go up on my own :) )

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

David.

TAF Oscar
2nd Jun 2001, 17:52
David,

try Rainbow Aviation at Eindhoven Airport (EHEH), they have the sort of planes you mention available. +31 (0)40 2515 515 EHEH is a single Runway, military field (so slight differences in radio etc) but plenty of GA activity.

Also at Eindhoven is the Eindhovense Aero Club Motorvliegen (EACm) but you'd need to join the club before flying and it ain't cheap; I don't think they do a temporary membership.

At Maastricht/Aachen Airport (EHBK) is Limburg Air Services, +31 (0)43 364 6949, they also have plenty of training a/c.

Succes!!

TAFO ;)

100LL
8th Jun 2001, 01:55
Not much use but i think they have Katana's at lelystad N Reg as well

Radar
8th Jun 2001, 05:00
David,

A little more info on Air Service Limburg at Maastricht. They have two PA 28s (-161 and -181) which are N reg, so there's no reason you couldn't do some flying by yourself during your visit. The rental costs might be a bit of a shock when compared to the Bay area though. Have fun :)