PDA

View Full Version : Wet Season Rookie Jobs

Ixixly
27th Aug 2010, 03:29
Hi everyone,

So i'm very very aware of who hires lower time pilots around the start of the Dry Season up in the NT and in Northern WA and right at the end of the Wet Season, but who, ANYWHERE IN AUS, puts on rookies pilots around the 300-350hr mark with some 200series experience and MECIR (Currently Lapsed) around this time of year?

I'm doing my trawling through the Registry for operators around the place with 182s, 206s and 210s, but unfortunately most of them don't really advertise when their up and down seasons are, go figure!

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated! I know, I ask a lot around here don't I?

Ixixly
27th Aug 2010, 03:33
Oh, and anyone who does have tips/leads or anything like, it would be preferred if you could PM me please!!

206greaser
27th Aug 2010, 03:59
No! PM me first!

Ixixly
27th Aug 2010, 04:04
Bugger off, I was first dang it!! :}

Oh and don't get me wrong peoples, I am currently moving around looking for work and do the whole door knock appeal type thing at the aerodromes, but unfortunately I just don't have the money to be everywhere so trying to figure out my next move!

206greaser
27th Aug 2010, 06:04
Hey Ixixly,
What have your friends who got jobs in YPDN with less than 500 Hours told you? Surely you've asked them?

300-350 hours + 200 series? Thats gone up. Good for you mate. That WILL make a difference getting that (first?) job.

What state are you concentrating on QLD, NT, or WA?

Cheers,
Greaser

Upon review this seems a little smart a$$ey. Not meant to mate :)

MyNameIsIs
27th Aug 2010, 10:34
Cape Air Transport, on Horn Island in the Torres Strait might. C182, PA32, PN68, BN2.