PDA

View Full Version : N reg hire

andyt
26th May 2001, 14:21
Please can anyone tell me where I can rent N reg's in the UK , preferably in the North West. Thanx in advance.

FlybabyFly

100LL
27th May 2001, 00:57
Why would you want to rent "N" Reg anyway ?

Code Blue
27th May 2001, 03:19
Perhaps he has "N" papers & ratings but not "G". :)

------------------
-.-- --.- -..-
[email protected]

Bear Cub
27th May 2001, 07:23
Hey, I, too, would be very pleased to rent an 'N' reg in the North West - but don't think it is legal for the owner/operator to rent one (is it?).

mfds
27th May 2001, 17:59
There used to be two N reg C152's at Denham run by a 'Mike Cummings' in a form of non capital group hire arrangement.

All group flying was moved out of Denham a few years ago, I think he moved them down to Popham. Mike Cummings used to work in the 'tower' at Denham maybe try ringing there to find out their where abouts ??

floppyjock
30th May 2001, 00:57
Code Blue
You can fly on an FAA license in this country in a 'G' reg aircraft. As long as the FAA license is up to date.

englishal
30th May 2001, 05:50
You can fly a G reg on an FAA licence but you're limited to VFR day.. If you have the FAA licence and IR you can fly IFR in an N reg...(alongside our JAA brothers who have paid about 10 grand for the privilege)...

Anyone know of one in the South...?

Code Blue
30th May 2001, 23:39
While we're at it, anyone know of any "C" reg a/c for hire - late July/early Aug - in the North west preferably? :)

------------------
-.-- --.- -..-
[email protected]

Office Update
8th Jun 2001, 15:27
FAR reg 61.3 para (a) states that you don't need an FAA licence to fly an 'N' registered aircraft, so long as you have a valid licence in the country of the flight and you don't cross an international border (FIR)