PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool/Blackpool Contact Details

SS10
24th Aug 2010, 15:14
Struggling to find the necessary contact details for Liverpool and Blackpool's SATCOs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've provisionally booked a basic training course in November at Cwmbran and an ADI course starting Jan 11 (self funded). Would obviously prefer to find a prospective employer before I begin my course and LPL or BLK towers would be ideal due to my location.

I've also read many prior threads where ATCO's on these boards have advised self funding trainees against just contacting every SATCO in the country, which i was going to do, as this makes you look desperate apparently, so I am singling out these two (before anybody says well you have to be prepared to work anywhere in the country at first, I know, and I am).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or even on the very off chance anybody knows of any towers that are currently or in the near future taking trainees on, please PM me.

Oh and I know its a long shot, but if you don't ask you don't get. :ok:

SS10
24th Aug 2010, 20:18
@ yahoo

Thanks for that...

Ive tried for NATS once and didn't make the grade as it was. Without sounding like sour grapes, it was probably a blessing in disguise as I have no interest in area control. My ambition to be a ATCO stems from my love of planes, part of the attraction is therefore getting to actually see what Im controlling.

LessThanSte
24th Aug 2010, 21:43
Youve got until Friday at;

http://www.southendairport.com/PDFs/Vacancy%20-%20ATCO%20July%2010.pdf

Gisajob
25th Aug 2010, 12:23
Look at the website Safeskys Ltd (http://www.safeskys.co.uk) and read the information on the page 'ATC Career Advice'. I hope it helps. Good luck.

SS10
25th Aug 2010, 13:11
Thanks to everyone who replied and PM'd me.

Much appreciated :ok:

LessThanSte
25th Aug 2010, 14:53
Um, probably broadly in line with everything else.

But then taking the optimistic approach, its a job (that presumably you actually WANT to do) and any pay above ~£15000 is a bonus!