PDA

View Full Version : Guernsey ATC

Bennyclub
24th Aug 2010, 08:23
Seems like a high turnover of ATCOs at Guernsey at the moment. Does anyone know why?

man friday
24th Aug 2010, 12:18
Retirement at a guess.

Standard Noise
24th Aug 2010, 14:58
For up to £80k a year, who cares why!
If only Mrs Noise was willing to move.:{

eastern wiseguy
24th Aug 2010, 15:24
I'm sure she would let you go!!:E

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Aug 2010, 19:00
Bit OT... but is my old buddy RP still at Guernsey?

OA32
24th Aug 2010, 19:58
They've got some retirements coming up and they only got 1 of the 3 they were looking for last time, apparently they only had 1 suitable candidate out of 5 interviewed.

Helen49
28th Aug 2010, 16:58
HD.....RP retired early 2009. I believe he works part time for the CI DCA.
Helen

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
28th Aug 2010, 17:58
Hello Helen. Yes, OK, and thanks a lot. I did have a PM from another subscriber and messages were relayed to and from Ray. When I started at Heathrow in '72 (that's 19, not 18) Ray was on the watch I was posted to. He was a great guy to work with but, sadly for the rest of us, he tunnelled his way to Guernsey.

notatthecollege
30th Aug 2010, 20:30
Seriously considered it last time but decided against for family reasons - think I made a mistake - is it a good life in Guernsey? Been many times on holiday and love the island but what's it like to work there? Especially interested in comparison to NATS UK?

throw a dyce
31st Aug 2010, 08:21
Well I suppose it depends on where in Nats you worked.In comparison to say a Band 2 unit,where you need ADI and APS ratings,and have held a unit endorsement on both,Guernsey looks good on paper.It's basically Band 4 money,for just over half the movements in comparison with my old unit.As far as the higher band units (apart from Manchester)then quite a few people would need APC for their lapsed ratings,or have never held a unit endorsement on one of the ratings.In some peoples case they don't have the ratings required (ADI only)so they aren't qualified.
At the moment they have a final salary pension which Nats would love to ditch totally,and lower tax as well.
I think property could be tricky,and being on a small island might not be everyones cup of tea.:cool: