PDA

View Full Version : FAA single IR to JAA Multi IR

dragqueen120
21st Aug 2010, 12:16
Hi

Can I convert a single engine FAA IR to a JAA multiengine IR or not?

Whopity
21st Aug 2010, 13:52
No, but you can credit the experience towards a JAA ME IRG Holders of an ICAO SE IR(A) wishing to obtain
a JAR-FCL ME IR(A) will be required to
complete a minimum of 15 hours SE IR flight
instruction, of which 5 hours may be in a FNPT
1 or 10 hours in a FNPT 2 or Flight Simulator. In
addition, applicants must hold a multi-engine
type/class rating , complete at least 5 hours
instruction in instrument flying in multi-engine
aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in a flight
simulator or FNPT 2 and pass a ME IR Skill
Test. Alternatively, applicants shall complete
15 hours ME IR flight instruction and pass a ME
IR Skill Test in a multi-engine aeroplane (no
instructional time will be allowed in a FNPT or
Flight Simulator). You will also need to take the Theoretical knowledge examsApplicants for a JAR-FCL IR(A) will be required to
pass the IR(A) theoretical knowledge examinations
in the following subjects:-
a. Air Law/Operational Procedures
b. Aircraft General Knowledge
c. Flight Performance & Planning
d. Human Performance & Limitations
e. Meteorology
f. Navigation
g. Communications (IFR)

dragqueen120
31st Aug 2010, 23:54
ok, Cheers for that. I have a JAA CPL allready so have the exams and I have a MEPL. it seems the CAA are asking for 67 hours ish on IR course now due to taxi time not being counted as IF!!! gonna fack a lot of people up who budgeted for 50 hrs. ?? ahhh

Whopity
1st Sep 2010, 08:38
When the course went from 40 hours to 55 hours the CAA management who were pilots then, made a conscious decision to keep it to 55 hours flight time even though JAR-FCL said otherwise. The current decision will force people to do max STD and min Flight Time, a bad move.

Perhaps it should be contested on the grounds that it is not compliant with ICAO and the UK has not filed a difference from ICAO.

Uncle Wiggily
1st Sep 2010, 08:40
After you start the process, you will discover the word "convert" is not really applicable. "Convert" implies that you are doing a fairly straightforward process involving minimal effort. Basically, you will be doing everything over from the beginning and every CAA authority interpets the requirements differently. Enjoy.