PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight Training/European Flight Training

North Pilot
21st Aug 2010, 09:37
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to do my JAA CPL single in either Orlando Flight Training (OFT) or European Flight Training (EFT) both based in Florida.

I'm looking for any kind of feedback positive and negative. Please don't hold back and comments!

I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has been to either recently.

Mojo_69
22nd Aug 2010, 04:18
Hi North Pilot

I'm sure you'll find plenty of further info on both, in this forum.

If it helps, I returned from EFT yesterday (spent a month & a half there), and am very glad that I chose EFT over various other options! They did exactly what they promised they would (for myself, and others I saw pass through), demonstrated on a couple of occasions that they were more interested in upholding their good reputation than in fleecing people for extra money, and generally enabled me to have a great time while gaining my licences!

Mojo

Blindside
22nd Aug 2010, 09:15
First post? Coincidentally arrived back just yesterday with a glowing recommendation?

After 1 1/2 months of being in the US (s)he is up at 5am in London to write a post?

I must be getting too cynical in my old age but if I thought that someone was trying to pull wool over my eyes I would think less of them not more. Apologies if I'm completely off the mark!

:D

Kash360
22nd Aug 2010, 12:19
Highly recommend EFT, I did a diary while I was there called "CPL Diary 2009 EFT". Have a look, but a great school and instructors.

Mojo_69
22nd Aug 2010, 14:23
Hi Blindside

Apology accepted! :rolleyes:

It's nice that you're on your guard, but paranoia might not be so beneficial! ;)

I'm sure EFT don't need any help from me, but it would have been churlish not to answer, given North Pilot's specific request for recent attendees. I also think it's natural to shout if things go wrong, but it can be at least as valuable to know when a company is doing a good job (and such posts appear to be rarer on PPRuNe)!

I appreciate that you're (presumably) a pilot rather than a detective, but surely you're familiar with the concept of jet lag!? :hmm:

Feel free to PM me (North Pilot or Blindside) for my mobile number... :ok:

Mojo

(I think that makes two posts)? :}

toff
23rd Aug 2010, 20:59
The only thing i would say is maybe some of the aircraft where a bit rundown looking inside nothing to bad but in saying that they had alot of aircraft and most were fine a number of pa28's c-152's c-172's pa44 ...

No PA-44s at the moment. In the past few weeks, both of the school's Seminoles have been taken out of service. One of them - N740FT - was apparently involved in a firm landing, which has caused substantial damage, whilst the other - N730FT - crashed in Georgia, fortunately without any fatalities. See ERA10LA410 (http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20100810X91502&key=1) for more information.

The school now has just one multi-engine aircraft - a Duchess (N776JH) - so probably not the best choice of school if you're after some sort of multi-engine training. You'll be sharing it with several other students.

North Pilot
24th Aug 2010, 13:43
Hi Guys,

Could you give me specific incidents that have occured either eft or oft of incidents and how they where or where not dealt with..

Not after names just honest opinions..

The_Quo16
31st Aug 2010, 13:47
PM for you.

p.s Toff! hows it going :ok:

North Pilot
2nd Sep 2010, 12:02
Hi Guys

From what I can tell so far from research on pprune and personal contacts and emails I've recieved from both.. but not having been to either..

EFT

Good points gathered

Good school.. Good instructors.. Put in your time, commit, and work hard, they'll get you through. Not seem to be the type of school that will take your money and run. Take a lot of pride in what they do. I've also had alot of recommendations (if I've spelt that right) from previous students who actually done their JAA CPL(A) there..

Bad points

Accommidation used to be much to be desired, but they've improved on this.

Are a touch more expensive than some of the other schools

OFT

Good points

From students currently there (who I know personally) the school seems to be doing well now. The ground school seems to be popular here with high pass rates.

Bad points

Used to be a mess! Have a lot of bad press here on pprune and from students that visited them sometime ago. I was even told to stay away from some people. Having said that, there seemed to be a few current students that seem to be quite pleased with it now.

Over all, I believe all schools have their moments. Good ones and bad. Someone visiting while the aircrafts are tech or the schools having some issue will no doubt return complaining about them. Given another time, the same student could go and fly through the couse and pass. At that point he's full of praises.

So my final conclusion is that, i'm screwed. I'm only really gonna find out what either schools like until I 'actually' train their personnally.