PDA

View Full Version : A320 Vapp for One Engine Inop

channel4
18th Aug 2010, 19:13
Hi Guys,

If you have a failure I know you have to refer to QRH 2.32 to find the approach speed increment when calculating a new Vapp.

My question is:

When you are left with only one engine, does the FMGS automatically calculate for youa new Vapp taking into account OEI should you need to perform an approach OEI? Or like other failures are we supposed to calculate Vapp ourselves? If so, where do you refer to to help calculate this?

Mny thanks

C4:ok:

shortfuel
19th Aug 2010, 04:46
FMGCs will automatically compute the OEI Green Dot but not your Vapp as its value may be influenced by many factors unknown to it.

For OEI (and ENG FIRE p/b pushed+ice acc), refer to QRH 2.33 and 2.31 for your Vapp.

OEI condition without damage, there is no need to compute another Vapp than the one displayed on MCDU for your config.

Jonty
19th Aug 2010, 07:50
Shortfuel has stated the only time you have to refer to the QRH with OEI. If you have a straightforward engine out, even if you have pressed the fire push button, and have no other failures, then the Vapp calculated by the MCDU will suffice.

So if you have OEI, the fire push button pressed, and airframe ice accretion, then you should refer to 2.32 for the Vapp increment. This is due to it not being advisable to use bleed air to de-ice the wings.

channel4
19th Aug 2010, 13:17
thanks for the reply guys.

So if you have OEI, the fire push button pressed, and airframe ice accretion, then you should refer to 2.32 for the Vapp increment. This is due to it not being advisable to use bleed air to de-ice the wings.

therefore:
i should refer to QRH 2.32 section 'BLEED' (wing anti ice not avail if there is ice accretion) with speed increments for flap 3-16kt, flap full-10kt etc........??

many thanks!

Jonty
19th Aug 2010, 14:23
No, its listed under ENG QRH 2.33

channel4
19th Aug 2010, 15:46
in my (Airbus SOP) QRH 2.32 for 'ENG' there is only REV UNLOCK WITH BUFFET for flap 1 and flap 3.

and QRH part 2.33 i dont have an 'ENG' section. there is only USE OF TABLE for SINGLE/MULTIPLE FAILURES

Is this new?

shortfuel
19th Aug 2010, 18:08
Your QRH is outdated. Check your REV, it should read 43.

Those new Vapp computation and updated 2.32 tables were introduced in June 2009.

If airframe or nacelle icing in OEI w/ damage, you will have to compute a new Vapp according to 2.33.
WAI is not an option if ENG FIRE was pushed.

channel4
20th Aug 2010, 16:48
thanks for that help guys!