PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen

RobertZZ
15th Aug 2010, 20:53
I have been trying to purchase a subscription online to update my GNS 430 nav data. The Jeppesen website is a bit of a dog's dinner, but that aside, I also have zero response to making the purchase in over a week. The website alludes to some difficulties while they are 'upgrading'.

Q:

Does anyone have insight to this issue ?

What is the easiest way to update Nav Data to the Garmin data card ? [I have the skyview hardware}

Thanks

kui2324
15th Aug 2010, 22:27
Last year I phoned then and sorted it out then. The other option is to buy a single update from someone like gps.co.uk

Download using the skybound USB adapter. They were offering this free at Oshkosh recently if you were taking out/renewing a subscription. Might be worth a mention!

I had an email a month or so ago announcing the ability to pay or renew online but it sounds like it's not working from what you've said.

HTH

kui

Keef
15th Aug 2010, 23:30
I've been updating a GNS430 "online" for some years.

Jepp's website is a mess, and the chances of doing things online not good. However, if you get on the phone to them they are very helpful and have always (in my case) sorted it rapidly.

E-mails bring results, too, if you can find the right e-mail address.

glider12000
16th Aug 2010, 18:45
[email protected] in the UK, EIRE, Middle East or Africa

[email protected] in Europe or Russia

RobertZZ
17th Aug 2010, 06:05
Thanks for the replies, will try those emails.

Already spent more than half an hour on the 'phone to US and German Jeppesen bases, yet to get to speak to a human......