PDA

View Full Version : Headset question

Speedbird777
12th Aug 2010, 15:48
I am thinking about getting the new bose A20 and see that it is available with a 6 pin connector that allows it to be powered by the aircraft. With this, you can also buy the cable to convert it to the standard 2 pin connectors.

My questions is - What aircraft use the 6 pin connector (I have only been in a few different types)? I am planning to work through my licenses up to ATPL so would hope to gain exposure to a wider range of aircraft and so am wondering is it worth giving myself the flexibility.

pstamp
12th Aug 2010, 15:55
I have a Cirrus SR20 which uses the 6 pin plug

Speedbird777
12th Aug 2010, 16:43
OK thanks. Is the Cirrus compatible with the standard 2 connector headsets?

172driver
12th Aug 2010, 17:09
While not directly answering your question, this site (http://uflymike.com/id2.html) gives you a pretty good overview of the various connectors in both GA and CAT airplanes in relation with BOSE headsets.

pstamp
12th Aug 2010, 18:17
Yes you have the choice in the Cirrus

ben.fitzgerald
12th Aug 2010, 20:27
SportCruiser / PiperSport can be fitted with either if you want to build your hours in one of those...

But there are many companies selling adapters from LEMO to twin GA socket & NATO plugs also.

The fATPL's who fly our UK demonstrator SportCruiser will probably tell you just to save your hard earned cash and buy a set of David Clarks though...

Speedbird777
12th Aug 2010, 20:51
Thanks all.

Think I'll plug for 6 pin with the 2 plug adapter. That way I'll have the flexibility.