PDA

View Full Version : The newbee again...couple more questions!

flightranger
12th Aug 2010, 13:28
Couple more question from me! Phew… please don’t get fed up with my question :ugh:
Just a few more -
Does anyone over here know if Surry & Kent flying school and EFG offer payments in instalments? A lot of reviews and comments I have had from fellow flyers are to be cautions with clubs and schools going belly up after they have taken a full payment!
I cant make my mind up if I want to join a club or a school… flying is a full time career I want to take but I don’t want to join a place who are compelled to answer my question but rather educate me because they are really interested.
Quite a few flyers have recommended ‘buddying up’ with fellow student and seasoned PPL flyers…Any veterans out here willing to lend a hand?
Thank you!
FlightRanger

A and C
12th Aug 2010, 16:04
Pay as you go and by credit card (not debit card).

Never, never never pay all the money up front.

Some clubs offer a discount if your account stays in credit, if you wish to make use of this discount then only keep a small amount in the account.

7of9
12th Aug 2010, 21:28
NEVER NEVER pay money up front in lump sums, i learnt from that last year when i paid for a set of lessons & the guy left with mine & £6000 of some one else money along with more too. Never got it back.
Pay as you fly no matter what!!!

Cheers Trev

The500man
13th Aug 2010, 13:41
I trained at EFG and can say they have some very good instructors. Biggin is a nice place to train but bear in mind it does get very busy at times and landing fees are quite steep at £22.10 for a C152 (last time I was there). I was advised to budget around £10k for training at Biggin but actually spent quite a bit more than that. So definately not the cheapest option. When it comes to payments I know EFG has a PPL package and you can pay up front for a discount or in 3 or 4 installments.

They have a website with prices www.flyefg.co.uk (http://www.flyefg.co.uk).

Also if you're looking to fly weekdays I think Cabair has an off peak PPL package that may be slightly cheaper. Not sure about the other places at Biggin, but you'll be alright paying up front with both Cabair and EFG flying schools.

A and C
14th Aug 2010, 11:21
Cabair are never cheap, they will find a way to nickel & dime you out of any weekday savings you think you might make.