PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways Stage 2 (Assessment and GD)

Pages : [1] 2

pree56
12th Aug 2010, 07:39
hi all,

Now that we're done with stage 1, Any further updates on the stage 2 of the recruitment process ?

how to prepare for GD, and role playing and other stuff in assessment center ?

what is assessment center ? what do they check ?

any help from anyone on this will be appreciated.

thanks !:ok:

alphapilot
12th Aug 2010, 07:43
I heard that some guys from Mumbai region already gt the letlrs fr stage 2 with details of venue.

the first GD assessment will be on 16th Aug.

supergirl35
12th Aug 2010, 08:01
wel i jst hrd frm my friend workin in 9w that they will divide ppl into batches of 50 for GD.

further each batch wud have 5 teams of 10 ppl each for the GD nd role playing thingie.

everything wud be done in 3 days.

sky_thebeginning
12th Aug 2010, 09:15
and does any body know about the duration for whole process???will it be completed when we reach mumbai for GD or will their be huge gaps b/w other rounds??:confused::confused:

piper_cherokee
12th Aug 2010, 11:04
Name
Roll No: 17xx

Sub : Assessment Centre

Dear ********,

Please refer to our email dated 11 August 2010
As a part of the pilot selection process, you are requested to attend the Assessment Centre at Mumbai on 14th August 2010 at Jet Airways Engineering Hangar, Opp Indian Airlines Sports Club, Old Airport, Kalina, Near Military Camp, Kalina, Santacruz (E), Mumbai, Mumbai 400 029. You must report to the venue at 9.00 am. Dress code: Formal.
What Preparation do you need. We say:
You really do not need to prepare anything specific for the assessment centre. You are not being assessed on what you know but on how you think and how you apply your thoughts. Just be yourself; always try to be at your best. Remain focused and motivated for the whole day.
Listen carefully to the instructions given to you at the start of the day and also at the beginning of each exercise.
The assessment is loosely based on samples of real work, called exercises. They are made simple by design. You however, need to take the task seriously.
Not everyone is good at every exercise, but remember that the assessment centre will give you a number of chances to show your strengths and meet the criteria.
You are not being measured against the other candidates but against certain predetermined criteria. It is quite possible that every candidate in your group will achieve the necessary standard, in which case offers will be made to all. Similarly there maybe no one suitable in a group or even in a day.
Kindly note, you will have to make your own arrangements for travel, conveyance, accommodation and boarding during the Assessment Centre. We will provide tea/coffee and lunch during the day. Plan your journey carefully so that you arrive in good time for the start of the assessment centre.
You are requested to carry this letter along with an updated resume, copy of the valid Indian CPL and 1 passport size photograph.
Since the entry at the Hangar premises is restricted, you are requested to present your photo I.D. (driving license, passport, Pan Card) to the Security at the point of entry.
You may note that car parking facility is not available at the premises. However, limited pay and park facility is available at Gate No.8 of Old airport which is about
1 km from the hangar facility.
In the event of your successfully clearing the Assessment Centre, you will be required to attend an interview one day after the date of your assessment centre.
We welcome you once again to Jet Airways Assessment centre.

Yours sincerely,
For JET AIRWAYS (I) LTD

TEJASHREE KUMAR
HR MANAGER

This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. However, Jet Airways (India) Ltd. does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments. Jet Airways | Book Flight Tickets,Hotels Online on this Airline Website for India & International (http://www.jetairways.com)

jasnitsingh
12th Aug 2010, 11:10
Thanks For the info,

I am from delhi i am still waiting on the schedule for stage 2

Speedbird1014
12th Aug 2010, 14:06
any idea guys how many have been selected for the stage 2, my guess would be around 250, however its a pure guess without any reference.

from the supergirls post it seems like there are only 150.

The Horus
12th Aug 2010, 14:23
i guess there are going to be more than 250.
i personally know 11 ppl who got the mail. And i don't think that i happen to be so lucky that almost all my friends passed.
I guess their would be at least 200 from Delhi and 200 from Bombay

Speedbird1014
12th Aug 2010, 14:35
:ok:

none of my friends cleared it Horus, so it seems like u r lucky enough......
anyways all the best dude......

akpmurali
12th Aug 2010, 14:49
not sure how much helpful this 'd be. But still --- I know 8 in person!!!

alphabravocharlie1
12th Aug 2010, 16:01
i personally know 11 ppl who got the mail. And i don't think that i happen to be so lucky that almost all my friends passed.

not sure how much helpful this 'd be. But still --- I know 8 in person!!!

it doesnt matter much in these times.
now with facebook, myspace and other networking sites, almost everyone knows each other !

alphabravocharlie1
13th Aug 2010, 05:31
Another update regarding stage 2 from HR-Flt Ops department :

there will be 2 GD rounds for mumbai region, 2 for delhi and 1 for chennai.

they will have a quota for region.

garima.singh
13th Aug 2010, 05:34
:ugh:
they will have a quota for region.

hey dats nt fair then !

chennai ppl r less in no. so it wud be easier fr them. !! :mad:

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 06:12
@garima:
did u get any email for second stage assessment as you are from mumbai and some people from mumbai have already got it for today and tomorrow as per some posts on this forum
even i am from mumbai and no mails yet

flapless wings
13th Aug 2010, 06:12
It means you will get two chances to prove youself.:ok:

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 06:21
It means you will get two chances to prove youself.

i really dont think so
i guess it mean students from mumbai region will be divided into 2 bathces which will be held on the 2 days as mentioned by abc1

Whooop Whooop...
13th Aug 2010, 06:24
I too am from mumbai and got no other mail regarding the dates yet, and was also wondering whether being in mumbai will mean that we will get a mail just a day before the assessment.

So i called the Jet office and they person at the other end told me we would be getting mails today and tomorrow with details of the next Stage and the assessment would be next week onwards.

:)

flapless wings
13th Aug 2010, 06:26
exactly!...you are the smarter one:)

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 06:30
So i called the Jet office and they person at the other end told me we would be getting mails today and tomorrow with details of the next Stage and the assessment would be next week onwards.

now thats really contradictory to various posts by people who have confirmed of getting emails from jet regarding gd and their assessment is going to be held today and tomorrow

so were they fake :ugh::ugh:

alpha.mike
13th Aug 2010, 08:06
GDs,role plays and grp task are gonna took place over a span of many days starting with mumbai candidates followed by delhi and chennai candidates.....

probably they will call delhi n chennai candidates next week onwards,

also about 230 total have been selected for next round....

This is also speculation which i heard from guys working in jet, dont know how true, but just sharing....

Also who didnt got their mail yet, call them n check, might be your mail is bounced in system...best of luck.....

Thnx

deserteagle
13th Aug 2010, 10:39
Guys, any idea how many appeared for Stage 1 in Delhi and Mumbai?

In Chennai, 225 appeared. The last roll number for chennai was 3225 with first digit representing Chennai.

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 11:01
mumbai = 907

garima.singh
13th Aug 2010, 11:16
Name
Roll No: 17xx

Sub : Assessment Centre

Dear ********,

Please refer to our email dated 11 August 2010
As a part of the pilot selection process, you are requested to attend the Assessment Centre at Mumbai on 14th August 2010 at Jet Airways Engineering Hangar, Opp Indian Airlines Sports Club, Old Airport, Kalina, Near Military Camp, Kalina, Santacruz (E), Mumbai, Mumbai 400 029. You must report to the venue at 9.00 am. Dress code: Formal.
What Preparation do you need. We say:
You really do not need to prepare anything specific for the assessment centre. You are not being assessed on what you know but on how you think and how you apply your thoughts. Just be yourself; always try to be at your best. Remain focused and motivated for the whole day.
Listen carefully to the instructions given to you at the start of the day and also at the beginning of each exercise.
The assessment is loosely based on samples of real work, called exercises. They are made simple by design. You however, need to take the task seriously.
Not everyone is good at every exercise, but remember that the assessment centre will give you a number of chances to show your strengths and meet the criteria.
You are not being measured against the other candidates but against certain predetermined criteria. It is quite possible that every candidate in your group will achieve the necessary standard, in which case offers will be made to all. Similarly there maybe no one suitable in a group or even in a day.
Kindly note, you will have to make your own arrangements for travel, conveyance, accommodation and boarding during the Assessment Centre. We will provide tea/coffee and lunch during the day. Plan your journey carefully so that you arrive in good time for the start of the assessment centre.
You are requested to carry this letter along with an updated resume, copy of the valid Indian CPL and 1 passport size photograph.
Since the entry at the Hangar premises is restricted, you are requested to present your photo I.D. (driving license, passport, Pan Card) to the Security at the point of entry.
You may note that car parking facility is not available at the premises. However, limited pay and park facility is available at Gate No.8 of Old airport which is about
1 km from the hangar facility.
In the event of your successfully clearing the Assessment Centre, you will be required to attend an interview one day after the date of your assessment centre.
We welcome you once again to Jet Airways Assessment centre.

Yours sincerely,
For JET AIRWAYS (I) LTD

TEJASHREE KUMAR
HR MANAGER

beware every1 !!!

the above email is fake ! sum ppl here amongst us r havin sum crooked fun !

aroguy007
13th Aug 2010, 11:42
well, i have the same email as mentioned above by garima, how do you know its fake?

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 11:50
well i called up jet airways and they did mentioned that they will send mails from next week

and why will jet only send mails to 1 or 2

during the time of results also such fake emails were on the go but again at that time these emails were with only few people

but then when actual results were declared it went to masses and just check how many posts were made on wednesday 11th june after 7 pm who confirmed that they all got results

now thats what is called as genuineness

if such GD emails would have been sent to masses then there would have been numerous posts on pprune for sure and not with new profiles who dont have any posts before would be posting such emails

i have so many fridns from mumbai who cleared the written but havent yet got the GD email

this clears the doubt

and arguy007 so if you have that email then your GD is tomorrow
well then kindly post all the details which happen with you during assessment

with that the genuineness of the email can also be checked

and also from which email id did you get this email from

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 11:54
Spoke to a lady in jet regarding the second round.. Very politely she asked me for the roll number and searched on her system for my name.. Told me that they're sending people in batches with no such thing as mumbai, delhi or chennai candidates.. Its a mixture of all the candidates.. Advised me to keep checking emails as they'd be finalising the batches and sending the mails across by today or max in the next two days.. So to wait for the email is a good idea for people who have been selected and not yet received the 2nd email, everyone will be getting it shortly... And wishing everybody good luck... Btw i'm a mumbai candidate..

this was posted by speedbird (http://www.pprune.org/members/161551-speedbird234) on another thread of jet airways on pprune
and this is also the exact reply i got from jet airways

deserteagle
13th Aug 2010, 11:56
@avalanche. Thanks.

So, 907 + 225 (Mumbai and Chennai)

Anybody knows how many ppl from Delhi?

jimmygill
13th Aug 2010, 12:10
936 - 4% absentee

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 12:33
total comes to 2031
in mumbai also there were some people absent

so a round figure of 2000 looks good

flyvabb
13th Aug 2010, 12:36
@Garima

the email, you quoted, is not fake.

I gave the GD today. Its completely legitimate.

Bottle2throttle
13th Aug 2010, 12:40
@flyvabb

Kindly Share your experience with us.

aroguy007
13th Aug 2010, 12:46
thank you flyvabb! you made my eve,,,

Speedbird1014
13th Aug 2010, 12:48
Could you please post what were the topics, and how did it took place??:ok:

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 12:55
@all
WELL THE EMAIL ISNT FAKE
EVEN I JUST RECEIVED THE EMAIL
ITS EXACTLY SAME AND YES GD HAVE STARTED
SO THE EMAIL IS 100% GENUINE

its always when you get it, you can believe on it

avalanche007
13th Aug 2010, 12:58
@flyvabb:
well please throw some light on as to what was asked
please make a detailed post regarding the same
and did you clear
is you interview tomorrow

deserteagle
13th Aug 2010, 13:12
Thanks jimmy and avalanche.

That's quite a number. And guess 300-400 ppl must be called for Stage 2 out of that 2000. Must be a tough 2nd round as the best must have made it through.

ziaali
13th Aug 2010, 14:01
@ flyvabb (http://www.pprune.org/members/335418-flyvabb) :Awesome soo how did it go...Hope it wasnt as tough as I hear about it...Would be greatful if you could share what all it was about..But guys I am really scared that if we do clear this one, do we really have the next round after 2 days...that would leave no time for preparation

Speedbird1014
13th Aug 2010, 14:13
Guys if have appeared in stage 2 assessment please post some details about the GD,
good luck to all :ok:

VictorTango
13th Aug 2010, 14:45
@flyvabb:
could you please tell us about the GD as to what was discussed and have they informed any one about an interview the next day? would really appreciate your input!
Thanks!

Speedbird1014
13th Aug 2010, 14:57
@flyvabb

We would really appreciate any input from you mate, about the GD, nd how it was conducted.
Good Luck buddy :ok:

apaargupta
13th Aug 2010, 15:45
hey even i have received an email regarding the second round. I have the GD on 16th(monday). i would request if sum1(who has already appeeard) could give some inputs and tips. also if they are actually gonna conduct the interview(3rd round), a day after the GDs

CaptGodfather
14th Aug 2010, 03:41
Any idea when the GD and Assessment will start for Delhi candidates?

capt.pmr
14th Aug 2010, 05:36
@ avalanche

check PM :ok:

capt.pmr
14th Aug 2010, 11:49
any body here who got thru d GD n assessment centre... how ws d experience...? info would b appreciated:ok:

deserteagle
14th Aug 2010, 14:42
I got a email for the assessment today evening. It's for August 20th. Anybody on that date?

capt.pmr
14th Aug 2010, 14:54
@desert eagle

hey even i got d mail it in d evening...its 20th....

aeroshooter
14th Aug 2010, 14:59
i read on some old blog (abt 4 yrs old) tht they had an activity with lego blocks n were askd to build a practical vehicle or sumthin like tht...

speedbird787
14th Aug 2010, 15:11
me too on the 20 th august.and i am from chennai too

ziaali
14th Aug 2010, 15:18
Guys same here...I gt the date for the 20th...Hope to see you there guys...even I am from the batch from Chennai...Guys any idea what it is all going to be about..???

pilot2612
14th Aug 2010, 15:25
hey guys...
i passed stage 1

im from chennai

i have not got the mail for 20th as yet!!!

anyone from chennai who din get a call for gd???

alpha.mike
14th Aug 2010, 15:51
I got mail for 21st.....

I am from delhi......

alpha.mike
14th Aug 2010, 15:55
Also there are 5 rounds of Group discussion happening each of 45 minute.......:eek:

pilot2612
14th Aug 2010, 16:04
this is wierd...
im from chennai and havent got a call as yet for stage 2.

so i thought chennai would be on another day as well (21st)...

capt.pmr
14th Aug 2010, 17:44
hey don wry guys

once we clear the written ....u'll be getting a date for sure right...just chillax :ok:

CaptDDay
14th Aug 2010, 17:50
20th !... Chennai batch!!!

capt.pmr
14th Aug 2010, 17:50
hey can u give us some more info regardin the GD n related topics.... wat i heard is 3 GD n 2 debates.....please add some more info ,like wat wer the topics. how many in a group?.. whether they declare the result on spot or again send thru email?, etc... thank u

CaptGalaxy
14th Aug 2010, 18:02
Candidate from Chennai centre: No call letter for the second round yet

alpha.mike
14th Aug 2010, 18:56
Total selected candidates - 400

Everyday candidates called - 40 (from 13th to 23th Aug, excluding 15th)

candidates in each Batch - 8 (5 batch in a day)

Total GD/debate/task - 5 per batch

Result sent by mail at night to each candidate for that day...

Interview of selected candidates - 4th day from GD date

on 13th Aug out 39 students appeared, out of which selected - 14 (1 didnt appear :eek:)

So everything will be done by 27th Aug....

Emails for 2nd round are send according to roll no.'s of selected candidates.

More i will update as info comes... :ok:

Very Imp. - Everything is very fair in whole process :D

capt.pmr
14th Aug 2010, 19:24
Thank u ....that sounds great... nice post alphamike:D:ok:

Idreamfly
14th Aug 2010, 19:29
Heyy.. thanks for the info.. just wanted to know is it a calculated guess or a resourceful information?
So is your GD session already done with, or still waiting? If yes, dont forget to give the details!

Thanks & Luck to all.

Cheers

Whooop Whooop...
14th Aug 2010, 19:43
Thanks alpha.mike, well written n also gave me a lil breather...
:ok: gd luk to all...

alphabravocharlie1
14th Aug 2010, 20:11
Very Imp. - Everything is very fair in whole process

and how Sir, did you come to that "Very Imp" conclusion ???

jimmygill
14th Aug 2010, 20:32
Very Imp. - Everything is very fair in whole process

Is that a belief or a fact?

pilot2612
14th Aug 2010, 21:46
thanks for the info buddy.. i guess you form chennai as well..
that makes us two for now.

i got a lil worried when i read tht delhi si called on 21st!

pilot2612
14th Aug 2010, 21:50
thanks for the support man... i was tensed when i heard all my pals from chennai are going on 20th n delhi on the 21st!!
i am still wondering how they missed one... or i think puneeth is also waiting .. so 2 of us!

alpha.mike
15th Aug 2010, 01:47
Guys aviation is pretty much perception,facts from surrounding and rumour industry....:rolleyes:

Fair process is outcome of my perception, which came after selection of guys whom i know without jugaad getting into and with good jugaad not.....
But i can't be very sure := about that, just sharing my perception outcome...

There are certain facts to prove that statement but i cant tell them right now, but when time comes all will know truth and outcome of whole process (including me). I could be proved wrong on that....

I am Just sharing.....

ziaali
15th Aug 2010, 03:55
@ Alpha Mike...Bro could you please share your experiences would be real greatful..!!

CaptGalaxy
15th Aug 2010, 16:56
Can anyone give me JetAirways' HR contact number where you checked for the status on the next round schedules?

Cheers

deserteagle
15th Aug 2010, 18:59
@puneeth.
Jet Airways number 022-40191000 ext 1448

sky_thebeginning
16th Aug 2010, 05:38
@puneet

Whenevr u call,please let us also know about the status as well...Because i m from delhi and have not received any mail for the second round...:ok:

pilot2612
16th Aug 2010, 10:51
Hey guys...
im form chennai
and havnt yet got a call for the date of the GD.

please let me know.

CALLED JET OFFICE:
THE LADY PICKS ON 1414 AND TRANSFERS TO 1448 AND NO REPLY THEREAFTER ON 1448!!:ugh:

BTW.. are you 2 with any experience??? as in more than the usual 250 hours??

pilot2612
16th Aug 2010, 11:10
guys spoke to HR

the lady picked up and said..

wait for 2 more days... you should get it wither today or tomorrow.

its happening batch wise.

Pat_Boone
16th Aug 2010, 11:56
A friend of mine with roll number 23xx just received mail few minutes back, for GD on 23rd.

CaptGalaxy
16th Aug 2010, 13:54
Dint have to call, i got my letter today!

@pilot2612 (http://www.pprune.org/members/333764-pilot2612)

hope you get yours today as well!

cheers

sky_thebeginning
16th Aug 2010, 14:19
I m from delhi and roll no. 24XX...just received the call letter for 23rd august...

The Horus
16th Aug 2010, 14:33
I just receive my assessment letter for 24 Aug 2010
do you guys have any idea about what to expect, anything about the gd topic or the role-playing task?? or anything.....
Would really appreciate a response
thanks all
wish you all luck

pilot2612
16th Aug 2010, 17:06
yeha dude.. got it for 22nd. how bout you??
and... do you know anyone else for 22nd???

sky_thebeginning
17th Aug 2010, 14:46
@pilot2612

One of my friend has got the call for 22nd...

speedbird787
17th Aug 2010, 16:08
anybody who cleared the GD.......and the management interview??.plz ...comment

Idreamfly
18th Aug 2010, 10:46
Hey guys,

Everyone here is discussing about getting / not getting the mail. The fact is, everyone will receive the mail some or the other time.

Let's rather discuss about the experience on the GD & interview day. Those who are done with the same, please share the information with rest of the people. Would be a great help to everyone else! Please come out with the topics of discussion and tasks given to those who have appeared already! Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Good luck!
Cheers

flapless wings
20th Aug 2010, 03:50
Topic for Group Discussion are-

1)Merits and Demerits of Flyby Wire Technology
2)Merits and Demerits of Autoland
3)MAerits and Demerits of Automation or level of Automation to be acheieved.
4)Aircraft on Approach with one wing low and winds from right.What is the 5)cause?The engine is allright as it was later checked on the ground.
6)If plane has crashed and passengers are left stranded What is the course of action taken by survival pilot?
7)Survival equipments to be carried by you and why?

Cheers

P.S Qualities they are looking for Power of conviction,leadership,clarity of thoughts,practical application.:ok:

sky_thebeginning
20th Aug 2010, 11:40
@flapless wings

Thank you so much for the information...I hope it helps!!!

Have you cleared your GD and interview rounds???:ok:

deserteagle
20th Aug 2010, 16:56
Each day the topic at GD varies. And even on the same day the topic varies for each batch. You don't have to prepare anything. It is spontaneous and you will find it not so difficult.

The instructions are quite clear and a comfortable situation. Have a go at it!

All the best guys!

King on a Wing
21st Aug 2010, 18:10
Who were the pilots from managment in the GD/interview.
Thanks

capt.pmr
21st Aug 2010, 18:35
They r strictly advising not to share any info ...the topics r pretty general..very easy... known to every body.....

ALL IS ABOUT HOW U THINK AND HOW U SPEAK IT OUT N PRESENT IT.. HOW ACTIVE R U IN A GROUP

alphabravocharlie1
22nd Aug 2010, 04:08
Who were the pilots from managment in the GD/interview.
Thanks

@King on Wing

trying to pull some strings dear ?? :E

avalanche007
22nd Aug 2010, 06:02
@king on a wing:
people are not willingly to share topics of GD and do you really think someone will share the name of their interviewers if at all they know or they remember after their interview process

flyvabb
22nd Aug 2010, 10:24
The Panel for the interviews are not fixed.

They are changed randomly depending on the availability of the Senior Captains.

alpha.mike
23rd Aug 2010, 12:33
Finally over with interview.....:D

Result of interview will be out in month end...

I guess nearly 130-150 will be giving interview (nearly 100 have already given) ....

Dont know how much finally be selected....

avalanche007
23rd Aug 2010, 12:52
i guess the number will surely exceed 150
it cannot be less than that
how many of you today gave interview
even if we keep avg of 15 per day then interviews are going to be held for 11 days so almost 165 total candidates

cats200
23rd Aug 2010, 14:36
guys any idea when the sim tests will be..?

avalanche007
23rd Aug 2010, 15:20
guess it will be after interview results
and last interview is expected to be on 27(dont know exactly)
so interview results might come on 28 or 30 aug
so sim tests will be next month only
no chances of this month
how did your interview go

deserteagle
24th Aug 2010, 06:45
The day I went for interview there were only 10 guys. But on an average I think 14 ppl per day. Any info on Sim?

avalanche007
24th Aug 2010, 06:53
did you go on 17th or 19th

deserteagle
24th Aug 2010, 06:56
@avalanche.

for the interview?

avalanche007
24th Aug 2010, 07:05
yes buddy
but i guess you from chennai so your might be on 20 aug

flapless wings
24th Aug 2010, 13:19
I had the Group Discussions today and i found that few people didnt even turn up for there Gds.Very strange:suspect:

Any idea how many seats are there in total?

Cheers

avalanche007
24th Aug 2010, 13:23
so guess you were in the second last batch of GD
heard 25th will be the last one

ARAV
25th Aug 2010, 07:48
any idea how may vacancies are there in jet- pilot??

ARAV
25th Aug 2010, 08:01
any idea as to how many vacancies are there- heard that there may be 125 or 45- huge variance...GD has been quite easy..i guess most of the ppl in the GD have been cald for interview.

avalanche007
25th Aug 2010, 08:11
wrong almost 2/3rd of the people have been rejected in GD itself

guess there were total 440 out of which only 150 to 160 are for interview

so GD was again a huge bifurcating stage after written

about the number of vacancies, really not sure of

will have to wait for the interview results

aviation_insider
25th Aug 2010, 08:19
u are wrong bro.. Out of 40 people being called everyday for GD.. on an avg day 11-12 people clear..
that makes an avg of 28-29 of 100 people and close to 450 people were short listed for GD's..
So i assume in interview session around 130-140 people must have been called.

avalanche007
25th Aug 2010, 08:43
not everyday 11-12 were selected
one day there were 17 for the interview
now what can you say on this
so i am taking an average of 14-15 and so for 11 days it can be around 150
anyways may it be 140 or 150, doesn't matters hardly difference of 10-20

antigravity61
25th Aug 2010, 09:16
When is the GD result expected to come out. I gave my GD yest. It was the last GD of all the 400+ pilots as said by the HR yest. I havent received any mails from the HR about my result yet.
Do they mail to those guys who haven't cleared later?

deserteagle
25th Aug 2010, 09:52
All the guys get the mail regarding the GD results. All about the same time. Check with your friends. I got the result the same day. If your friends had got then you could call them up.

How many people were there on your day of GD?

avalanche007
25th Aug 2010, 09:57
as expected yesterday was the last day for gd
and interview for this batch be held on 27th august (most probably)

now a days the results of gd are announced the next day in the morning
its usually done by 11am in the morning

if you haven't receive any mail till now, please call up your friends and confirm with them

you should have get it by now

deserteagle
25th Aug 2010, 10:01
Isn't the interview held on the 3rd day of GD? If they had GD yesterday tomm should be the interview unless it has been changed. I had my interview the 3rd day even though it was a sunday.

avalanche007
25th Aug 2010, 10:04
well it is changed now
even i had same like you
but then my friend who passed his gd on monday (23rd aug) has his interview on thursday (tomorrow)
so this is the trend which is being followed in the last week

deserteagle
25th Aug 2010, 10:42
This gives them more time to study. Wish I had one more day to study. Maybe they thought we needed more time.

avalanche007
25th Aug 2010, 10:54
yes it is beneficial for them
guess they should be more lenient to us then :}:p

antigravity61
25th Aug 2010, 17:19
Guys after checking my gmail account like 1000 times :ugh: I got the email from HR at 3:30pm :hmm: Prolly it was the last GD so the team took their sweet time. Anyway I cleared :ok: I have got my interview on 27th and that is again the last interview I guess.

There were 38 guys. 2 guys didnt turn up. Its hard to believe in this economic crunch situation where the jobs are scarce, ppl still manage to skip the GD!!:eek: In my 4th discussion there were 6 guys only.

So, guys can anybody give me any tips on what to expect in the interview? :rolleyes:

CaptGodfather
26th Aug 2010, 05:49
Wondering when the Results of the Interviews held will come out.. :}:}

deserteagle
26th Aug 2010, 06:38
Congrats! Just read what you think is necessary. You should make it fine. Good luck!

alphabravocharlie1
27th Aug 2010, 15:32
Guys ! whole bloody recruitment process is an EYEWASH.

just wait and see who all are going to be selected finally.
dont be surprised if u see people who failed the written exam or GD in the final selection !!!

you people have no idea whats going on inside !!! :E

revtech
27th Aug 2010, 16:02
Guys ! whole bloody recruitment process is an EYEWASH.

just wait and see who all are going to be selected finally.
dont be surprised if u see people who failed the written exam or GD in the final selection !!!

you people have no idea whats going on inside !!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

and what makes you say that ?

alphabravocharlie1
27th Aug 2010, 16:33
as of now, all I can say is just wait for the results ! :}

flapless wings
28th Aug 2010, 04:37
Last time the same person was whining about the written examination too but the then once he got selected he was quite for a while now again he is worried about the result:ok:

I know few people who doesnt even have a license issued from DGCA and they have cleared all three stages including interview.

You will be surprised to know that those people who didt turn up for GD has been called for interview.:confused:

Good Luck to everyone.

Cheers

jimmygill
28th Aug 2010, 08:22
whole bloody recruitment process is an EYEWASH.

Only consolation is that it was a free eyewash.

ziaali
28th Aug 2010, 10:32
@ Jimmygill : Ha ha....They sort of kicked me out of the GD....And I was quite sure of getting in...It went on sooo well...!!
The guys along with me in the GD were like...You will definitely make through...Spent 5 sleeepless nights wondering what must have gone wrong..!!

jimmygill
28th Aug 2010, 12:18
It was fun too... especially the GD... here is a selection of Gems

A. Computers are not reliable:
Boeing family of aircrafts are much more reliable than the Fly By Wire Airbus breed
DA40, DA42 and Diamond-Jet are fly by wire aircraft
Pilots are given initial training on conventional (not fly by wire) aircraft not because they are cost effective but because they are more reliable (vis-a-vis fly by wire aircraft)
On a flight from Delhi to London pilot is more susceptible to boredom on a A320 because of the automation (a.k.a fly by wire-yness)

B. Survival:
On an island that is full of fish and walnut tree, I will still prefer to salvage food from a ship rather than devices to create fire. At last we have the McDonald fed generation in aviation now.
Consumption of salted meat is not good for health when marooned on an island
I will prefer to have cold water out of Bartman Jar on a marooned island, where there is no source of fresh water, so lets take the Bartman Jar from the salvage, apparently it can filter brackish water to portable water.
We can use Bartman Jar to store walnuts for the lean season, some forward thinking it was.
Lets take the bleeding bowl and money to the island, instead of axe and the hammock. When asked what is a bleeding bowl, they are silent.
Proposer: Lets take the sword instead of the axe.
Opposer: But an axe is a better tool for survival then the combat sword.
Proposer: A sword can do everything an axe can do, in addition we can
use it during fights with the tribals on the land.
Opposer: A sword cannot be used to cut wood.
Proposer: But it can cut twigs.
....ad nauseum

Will put more on this later.... I invite others also to add to the list... I am sure it will be fun...

alphabravocharlie1
28th Aug 2010, 15:53
in another group in the same fly-by-wire Vs computers debate :

candidate 1 : "i think fly by wire technology and computers are bad because they make pilots lazy and complacent."

candidate 2 : "yes thats a very good point. I totally agree. nowadays we hear about pilots sleeping in cockpits. its all because of reliance on computer."

candidate 3 : " NO computers can do the job very well from 50feet till landing, and in future can reduce the number of pilots in cockpit from 2 to 1 and thus save money for airlines !!!"

candidate 4 :" im sorry I dont agree at all. what if the computer crashes ? then even plane can crash !"

candidate 5 : "yes ur so right. even in flight school once the autopilot was out of service, yet I did one solo cross country for almost 6 hours with my hand. this shows that fly by wire and computers are not really necessary !"

(The above are some actual real conversations in the group discussions)

jimmygill
28th Aug 2010, 16:30
Some may find this familiar.

On October 1, 2008, about 1140 Alaska daylight time, a Cessna U206C airplane, N29109, was destroyed following a loss of engine power and collision with a building during takeoff initial climb from Merrill Field, Anchorage, Alaska. The airplane was being operated by the pilot as a visual flight rules (VFR) personal cross-country flight under Title 14, CFR Part 91, when the accident occurred. The commercial pilot and sole passenger received fatal injuries. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed, and a VFR flight plan was filed.

Probable Cause, ANC09FA001 (http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20081023X91141&key=1)
Full Narrative ANC09FA001 (http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20081023X91141&ntsbno=ANC09FA001&akey=1)

On this one, my group was focused on how 'careless' the pilot was, in fact so focussed that they altogether missed the point that crash was largely due to loss of control owing to incorrect handling of power loss at takeoff. They were kind of stuck on the fact that pilot was not carrying the correction glasses.

On June 3, 1999, at 1745 eastern daylight time, a Cessna T310Q, N1273G, was destroyed during a forced landing in West Laurens, New York. The certificated private pilot was seriously injured. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed for the positioning flight which originated from Waterloo Municipal Airport (ALO), Waterloo, Iowa, at 1349. The flight was operated on an instrument flight rules (IFR) flight plan under 14 CFR part 91. ...

Full Narrative NYC99LA128 (http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20001212X19087&ntsbno=NYC99LA128&akey=1)
Probable/Factual Cause NYC99LA128 (http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001212X19087&key=1)

On this one the group was more focussed on questions

1) Why did the pilot chose Fl210 for cruising (They were told that it was a Cessna, the model was kept away from them)

2) Why did the pilot took flight when auto-pilot was inoperative?

3) Poor flight planning seemed to be consensus view on this accident?

4) Second dominated view was bad judgement?

5) Why file IFR and increase work load, when you know that Auto pilot is not working?

Pilot partial incapacitation, no takers? While a statement from surviving pilot read "My remaining focus was concentrated on controlling the airspeed and keeping the wings level to assure a safe landing...When I descended through a broken ceiling at about 1,000 feet, I know I had to get the aircraft down quickly as my thought processing was diminishing. Luckily I was in farm country and spotted a field in which could safely set down the aircraft without any threat of injuring anyone. I successfully brought the plane down 'gear up'...."

alphabravocharlie1
29th Aug 2010, 06:30
Scenario : A passenger travelling in first class faints. List out the actions you would take.

Immediately a lot of members wanted to issue Pan-Pan or a Mayday call instantly before doing anything else. :D

other members then opposed saying talking to ATC is not priority, rather ask cabin crew to first check for any medical personell on board and possibly administer first aid/CPR.

the Mayday/Pan pan fans relentlessly argued and finally one bright chap declared : "okay gentlemen ! lets all have a vote and then we can arrive at a concensus !! how many for pan-pan or mayday call .. please raise your hands ? ... how many for cabin crew/first aid ?? ... OK .. done! we first issue May day or pan pan call and then only ask cabin crew to check passenger and first aid if necessary.

one member was silent throughout (and this guy by the way got selected :)) .. I'd say remaining silent in the hell house seemed to be safest option !
he did keep nodding his head and used few words like "oh umm yeah .. " ".. umm yes I agree." .."um .. you're right" "hmm thats a good point !"

silent_scream
29th Aug 2010, 10:35
one member was silent throughout (and this guy by the way got selected http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif) .. I'd say remaining silent in the hell house seemed to be safest option !

You may be right. Or may be this guy was instructed to sit quiet.

nikaviator
29th Aug 2010, 17:21
@Jimmy, alpha... side splitting funny! :ok:

Idreamfly
29th Aug 2010, 18:31
Heyy alll, anyone has any clue of the date of interview results' date??

I was told by the interviewers that they ll be out in 7 days or so (my interview ws on the 25th, wednesday)!!

Speculations assumptions and guestimates can be avoided!

jimmygill
29th Aug 2010, 19:39
Speculations assumptions and guestimates can be avoided!

What else do you expect?

antigravity61
30th Aug 2010, 05:18
to what i remember, on my gd day which btw was the last gd, told us that the result will be out by the end of the month which is today n tomorrow.
but again no body knows the exact date.
i m expecting today, lets see.

alphapilot
30th Aug 2010, 05:32
i m expecting today, lets see.

when exactly are you due ?

baby boy or girl ?? :E

sorry .. cud nt resist this ! hehehehe:}

antigravity61
30th Aug 2010, 08:20
leaving jokes apart :bored: which ain't funny.
can anybody throw some idea on IPT simulator test? What is it going to be exactly? what the jet standards for the sim test?

Terror.Bird
30th Aug 2010, 15:43
that was a good one... heee heeee

deserteagle
31st Aug 2010, 06:23
Anybody got the mail? I got it an hour back that I have cleared the Management interview and they will advise shortly about the schedule...

alpha.mike
31st Aug 2010, 07:01
I didnt got the mail yet, anybody else who didnt got yet?

flapless wings
31st Aug 2010, 07:20
No mail this side also.

I am afraid and expecting worse.

CaptGalaxy
31st Aug 2010, 07:38
same here guys, no mail yet. hope they're sending it across in batches.

cheers

CaptGodfather
31st Aug 2010, 07:44
I am waiting too for the result.. :eek::eek::eek:

Bottle2throttle
31st Aug 2010, 07:46
Same Here ....Waiting

flapless wings
31st Aug 2010, 07:47
I appeared on 24th anybody appeared on 24th and have got the mail regarding interview?

flapless wings
31st Aug 2010, 07:50
Bhaiyo aur beheno lagta hai lag gaye L@rde.:ugh:

Idreamfly
31st Aug 2010, 07:51
Hey guys, any idea how the Simulator Test is going to be?

Anyone having any idea, please post it here!

Thanks
(P.S. I received the mail at around 10:30am - appeared for the intview on 25th)

CaptGodfather
31st Aug 2010, 07:56
It seems like that all those who have got the email yet have cleared and the rejected ones are in line of being fcuked.. :} :{:{:{

deserteagle
31st Aug 2010, 08:07
I got the mail too around 1030 today morning. Guys who did not get it. Check it up with them. I think a good percentage of people should be clearing it.

antigravity61
31st Aug 2010, 08:18
I called the HR and asked him whether they will be sending the mails of the rejected candidates later cuz all the guys who got their mails at 10 30 cleared. this is what he replied...
"its not like that, you all will be getting mails today..."
so.. just hoping what he meant was .. we are sending in batches and there are still some guys who have cleared and their mails will be sent soon.:rolleyes:
just keeping my fingers crossed....

CaptGodfather
31st Aug 2010, 08:21
"its not like that, you all will be getting mails today..."

That means there is still some hope left. :E

antigravity61
31st Aug 2010, 08:30
guys any idea.. how many cleared till now?

CaptGodfather
31st Aug 2010, 08:34
guys any idea.. how many cleared till now?

Only HR can answer that precisely.

Boeing7xx
31st Aug 2010, 09:07
Good luck to y'all... See you in the skies soon.

alphapilot
31st Aug 2010, 09:14
i got selectd !! :)

1 imp tip ! .. if in intrview u r askd wht aircraft u wanna fly, tell thm ATR. You'll be given boeing.
bt if u tell boering strght away thn they wud give u ATR ..

so be careful ! good luck ! :ok:

antigravity61
31st Aug 2010, 09:34
@alphapilot:
bro / sis
dont mind me asking... but you did make a comment earlier that you did get the rejected letter...

":mad:I jus gt the mail and Im rejected ! ...

:mad: I jus gt the mail and Im rejected ! :mad::mad:

:ugh: life aint fair :ugh:"

so wats up?

alphapilot
31st Aug 2010, 09:44
i neva said anything like dat bro ..

anywayz tht ws jus my advice to othrs .

gud luck :ok:

CaptGodfather
31st Aug 2010, 10:44
Any updates?

jetairwaysb737
31st Aug 2010, 11:57
hey
just got off the phone with hr..they say theyre still in process of sending mails and not sure if they'll be able to finish by today...

please keep the forum alive by keeping all posted

cheers and best of luck to all

alpha.mike
31st Aug 2010, 12:24
I dont think we will get mails today....who didnt recieved...

Also bleak possibility of getting selected, i think selected one's got their mail....

CaptGodfather
31st Aug 2010, 14:31
So the rejected ones will get the mails by tomorrow :ugh::ugh: :O

alpha.mike
1st Sep 2010, 05:17
Just talked to HR.....said...

We are in process of sending mails, keep checking your mail as it will come soon...

I asked have the selected candidates got their mails and not selected will get now...

Said we cant tell you that, wait for your email...

So hoping we still have a bleak chance.......:ok:

CaptGodfather
1st Sep 2010, 06:32
This is not fair on HR's part. I mean it is just a matter of 150-200 candidates this time unlike in the case of written.

They should send the emails at once as I am sure they anyways don't send the mails individually.

jetairwaysb737
1st Sep 2010, 09:47
any updates?

jimmygill
1st Sep 2010, 12:00
I mean it is just a matter of 150-200 candidates this time unlike in the case of written.

In the world of excel and microsoft outlook a decent enough user can send 2000 customised mails based on a list in a matter of few minutes.

What is not fair for 150-200 candidates was not fair for 2000 candidates also...

a.diwz
1st Sep 2010, 17:48
Hey guys.. Did anyone get an email saying they want to re-assess you and that you will have to reappear for the interview??:confused:

Bottle2throttle
1st Sep 2010, 17:54
I guess people who have cleared hv already got thr mail and rest have got the re assess mails....
So all the best to who got mails n to those who didn

sky_thebeginning
2nd Sep 2010, 06:56
Even i havent received any mail after the interview.
can somebody plz upload the e-mail they have received about the re-assessment!!!:ugh:

alphabravocharlie1
2nd Sep 2010, 08:11
relax
..there are going to be quite a few "re-assessments" and "re interviews".

you see, some of the people conducting the GD and interviews did not do as instructed by their superiors.
the superiors have not got their cash from prospective candidates because of that, and are bugged with the interviewing panel.
hence some confusions.

it will take some more time to sort out the mess.

fesh2087
2nd Sep 2010, 17:01
I myself got my mail on the 31st sayin that i have succeded and will be called shortly for stage4 but havent got any mail regarding the date n time fr the ipt whereas few of my friends have started getting mails regarding the same.
One friend of mine is called for a management interview again on 8th at the head office.seems weird.dont really wanna cry foul....but...!!
do update if anybody has got the mail informing about ipt date n time.

nikaviator
2nd Sep 2010, 18:31
re-assessment, re-interview?? For real?? Anyhow Good Luck to all who are appearing for it!

a.diwz
2nd Sep 2010, 18:44
Did anyone get a rejection email after the interview??

s.singh
3rd Sep 2010, 15:11
did anyone get letter for re-assessment who couldnt clear the GD???

CaptGalaxy
3rd Sep 2010, 16:48
Are there candidates who actually got this? for real?:ooh:

cats200
4th Sep 2010, 10:32
duno bout that but some have already finished with the medicals :ooh:

piper_cherokee
5th Sep 2010, 03:44
For those who are still waiting for their email for IPT. Heard that it will be later this month only because of the unavailability of examiners.

All the best for those who have cleared it:ok:. Any news about when they are asking them to join?

a.diwz
5th Sep 2010, 06:43
Anyone who has cleared, did they mention which aircraft you will be type rated on? What about the cost? Is it like a fully self sponsored thing?

Ridge Runner
5th Sep 2010, 07:10
Hi, How many are there in the next recruitment batch? Does anyone know?

CaptGalaxy
7th Sep 2010, 04:41
Anybody done with their "re-assessment" or the sim round? can you give us any numbers - how many made it through etc?

CaptGodfather
7th Sep 2010, 05:14
A batch of 40 has already been selected after sims and medical and their ground classes for B737 started yesterday. It is according to the merit as far as I know. :oh:
After this batch ends ( i.e 50 days ) they will start with the sims of the next 40-50 candidates.

I was called for re assessment and it was supposed to be today BUT yesterday I got another mail saying that the interviews to be held on 7th are postponed till further notice. And they are regretting the inconvenience caused. BULL****! :D:D

alphabravocharlie1
7th Sep 2010, 05:38
your source for the above info ???

rohandatta277
7th Sep 2010, 06:18
A batch of 40 has already been selected after sims and medical and their ground classes for B737 started yesterday. It is according to the merit as far as I know.

I second tht... Got the same news !!!

Though didn't cleared the written... But got the same information from a friend working as Ground Instructor with Jet Airways.... !!

Also... learnt tht they'll be conducting written test again in coming few months.. !

alphabravocharlie1
7th Sep 2010, 07:40
Also... learnt tht they'll be conducting written test again in coming few months.. !

that news is true ! :)

2nd selections will be in october first week.

and after that next on december first week and then finally one more selections around 3rd week of Jan 2011.

For jugads, these are the concerned persons :

1. for small level jugad like getting roll no. or getting exam venue of your choice LokPal Gaikwad is the man.

2. for clearing the written exam only : Shreekant Bhagwat is the one to approach. after that u r on your own.

3. for job, try either Santosh Chalke, Floyd gracious(chief pilot) or Capt.Gadiali (both his kids have got selected in this recruitment by the way). capt.gadiali is a big man in SM center mumbai.

cats200
7th Sep 2010, 08:40
you mean the 2nd written exam or the ipt of the remaining candidates..????

alphabravocharlie1
7th Sep 2010, 09:13
im talking about written exams again in Oct, December and Jan ...

rkc_9009
7th Sep 2010, 10:12
@alphabravocharlie

Need clarification on whether those who got rejected this time are eligible for the next attempts or not. thank u!

v1_rotate
7th Sep 2010, 13:14
does this involve self sponsored TR ?

jimmygill
7th Sep 2010, 14:44
Need clarification on whether those who got rejected this time are eligible for the next attempts or not. thank u!

9w has a six month cooling period... but everything has an exception... and exceptional ones get a pilot job easily..

CaptGodfather
7th Sep 2010, 16:04
I don't think that they are gonna start the next recruitment that soon as they will take some time to absorb the ones they are training now and those who are next.. :}:}

cats200
7th Sep 2010, 17:48
ya they wont hire until these 40 guys are done with their ground class......but u neva knw :=:=

CaptGodfather
8th Sep 2010, 07:41
ya they wont hire until these 40 guys are done with their ground class......but u neva knw :=:=

40 guys? Bull****. There are another 40 guys in line who have their simulator coming up and another 20-30 backup.

stiffy_pro
8th Sep 2010, 07:52
1. for small level jugad like getting roll no. or getting exam venue of your choice LokPal Gaikwad is the man.

@Alphabravocharlie1

How to contact this guy???

aviation_insider
8th Sep 2010, 08:44
To one and all..

Right now the situation is.
1st batch of 24 have signed their contracts and their classes have already started.
10 odd people are done with their sims, and waiting for their medicals which can happen any day now.
Rest of the guys are waiting for their sim call and as of now all will be done with their sims by the end of this month.

CaptGodfather
8th Sep 2010, 11:14
To one and all..

Right now the situation is.
1st batch of 24 have signed their contracts and their classes have already started.
10 odd people are done with their sims, and waiting for their medicals which can happen any day now.
Rest of the guys are waiting for their sim call and as of now all will be done with their sims by the end of this month.

What about those who have been called for re-assessment of the Management Interview?

aviation_insider
8th Sep 2010, 13:42
They have been been put on hold till further notice. So once the guys who have cleared the interview are done with their sim's and joining, the remaining will have to wait.

speedbird234
8th Sep 2010, 14:16
Above given information by aviation_insider is absolutely true. Some 34 people gave IPT until the 4th september 2010 and the people who got the IPT done on 3rd and 4th september will give the medical test sometime this week and a batch of 24 has already started, which apparently have been called on the basis of Merit from all the exams... Remaining 10 people are on hold and of all those who have been selected i.e. cleared the interviews, will be finishing the IPT by the end of this month and would be taken in to batches of 24-25 every, so to speak, one and a half or two months... Apparently, I've heard that this induction would suffice Jet for the next 10-12 months, so not sure whether another induction/written test would be rolled out or not..!

CaptGodfather
8th Sep 2010, 15:22
speedbird234, are you sure it is August? ;)

speedbird234
9th Sep 2010, 13:32
Goof Up!!!!!!

Srry mate... but rectified the Error..!!!

jetairwaysb737
9th Sep 2010, 16:48
hey guys
any idea on when the 'postponed' interview are going to happen..
and also the itp for people who pass..

CaptGodfather
10th Sep 2010, 08:01
That's exactly what I want to know. ^^

I feel they are just playing around and keeping us as a backup just in case they end up short which I feel they will not. :sad:

Bottle2throttle
10th Sep 2010, 09:06
Do you have a choice??

CaptGodfather
11th Sep 2010, 14:32
But I have all the rights to know what's going on inside.

Jet Airways should to be professional in this case.

jimmygill
11th Sep 2010, 15:02
@CaptGodfather

You have no legal rights to know whats happening with 9W recruitments. Your situation may be slightly different if you were a shareholder but not much better.

Moral rights, may be, but violating moral rights are just like not smiling at the next person you come across.

rohandatta277
11th Sep 2010, 18:38
Though I didn't make it past the written exams...... I still thought the JET recruitment was a very transparent process !!

But now after following this thread " Jet Airways Stage 2 " which obviously am not a part of........ i feel may be i was wrong... !!!!!

speedbird234
11th Sep 2010, 18:49
Well,
Just to educate people here, me and a few of my friends have cleared the Written, G.D. and P.I. as well and jus waitin for the IPT... And trust me, None of us have any contacts whatsoever (:=)... So, I dont have any reason to believe that the induction process is not FAIR/has not been FAIR... Unless, Jet Airways is really kind and loves me and my friends SOOO much that even though us not having any contacts whatsoever, that they'd let us fly the 737s.....Jus like that..!!:eek:

CaptGodfather
14th Sep 2010, 10:18
Any update on when the interviews that are being put on hold will be held?

deserteagle
17th Sep 2010, 11:07
Got the e-mail for the IPT. For me it's on Oct 2nd. Anybody else?

CaptGodfather
21st Sep 2010, 08:02
I have been trying to contact the HR but nobody picks up the damn phone.

Any updates about the postponed interviews?

deserteagle
21st Sep 2010, 08:13
You were sent a mail to come for the re-assessment?

CaptGodfather
21st Sep 2010, 11:21
Roger that.

sherkhanno1
22nd Sep 2010, 21:14
I've heard that a certain number of re-assessment interviews have already taken place until the 6th of september. Can anyone tell as to y the delay in the rest of them for so long?
And is anyone informed if jet is really planning to wait for like a month or 2 before re-assessment interviews or were they just waiting for festivities an all to get over in mumbai? cz that's what i heard.

Also, Is anyone here who may have gone for a re-assessment and may be able to tell about hows it and what's it about and if it's gona be different from d Initial Interview in anyway? :ugh:

speedbird234
24th Sep 2010, 09:55
Is there anybody who has received an email for the IPT for the 9th or 10th October? If you could share the info that'd be really helpful..!!

metallica
24th Sep 2010, 10:26
People any idea when is the next recruitment gonna happen?
What abt Air India/Indian airlines ..heard a lot lately.. nuttin much happenin tho' Anyone out there gt any feeds?

speedbird234
25th Sep 2010, 07:39
@Sherkhanno1 - Mate what I've heard regarding the re-assessments is that once everybody who's cleared the interview gives the IPT, then they'd call people who have been sent emails for the re-assessment, coz apparently one of my friends had a re-assessment on the 7th Aug, but was sent an email that the re-assessment has been postponed until further notice... I've cleared the interview and am still waitin for the IPT dates which probably take another week or two... so u cn hope to get your email for re-assessment then..!!

@ Everyone Else - Can anybody please tell me whether they have received an email for the IPT for the 9th and 10th October 2010... if u cud share the info, that would be of great help..!

CaptGodfather
25th Sep 2010, 10:26
I feel the re assessment of the interviews will be held simultaneously along with the pending IPT.

speedbird234
25th Sep 2010, 15:14
@ Captgodfather - mate this is the info given to me by one of my friends who has started training in the 6th September batch, which he heard from one of the HRs in the Jet office... so yeah u can count on the info given by me..!!

antigravity61
25th Sep 2010, 16:48
speedbird234 @Sherkhanno1 - Mate what I've heard regarding the re-assessments is that once everybody who's cleared the interview gives the IPT, then they'd call people who have been sent emails for the re-assessment, coz apparently one of my friends had a re-assessment on the 7th Aug, but was sent an email that the re-assessment has been postponed until further notice... I've cleared the interview and am still waitin for the IPT dates which probably take another week or two... so u cn hope to get your email for re-assessment then..!!

i belong to the lucky and also unfortunate ppl who were called for the reassessment interview. as far as i know the interviews were from 6th to 9th sept. i had got mine on 9th.
now there are couple of guys whom i know, who gave their reassessment interview on 6th and 7th cleared successfully. the team called 15 guys on 6th sept and due to the lack of time, 8 of them were to come the next day and the guys who were supposed to come on 7th were postponed until further notice... further i received a mail on 8th that my interview will be postponed until further notice.
so, i believe since they have already started the reassessment and also selected a few( apprently i have heard that they selected in large no. more than 10 out of the 15) the interviews for the remaining guys will be held side by side with the ipt. also, ipt and the interviews are conducted by different ppl at different places.
I feel that Jet will select the required pilots and put them on hold rather than wasting time and extending the selection process.

CaptGodfather
26th Sep 2010, 07:52
The above post makes sense but the only question that is fishy is that why were the rest of the interviews postponed for so long and by when will they start conducting them. :\

jahaj_crash
27th Sep 2010, 16:16
9W getting 55 new 737's. Recent recruitment was for 737's mostly. Few may be offered ATR's.
Any updates regarding the second batch? result declaration of the IPT etc??

CaptGalaxy
3rd Oct 2010, 09:50
Hi all:ok:,

Has anybody cleared their re-assessments/re-interviews ? how was it and how different was it from the first interview? :confused: kindly post your experiences.

thanks

jimmygill
3rd Oct 2010, 10:30
9W getting 55 new 737's.

Are they getting all these planes over this weekend or over next month?

CaptGodfather
4th Oct 2010, 08:37
Yeah! Boeing is very kind towards Jet Airways. :E

deserteagle
4th Oct 2010, 15:40
Anybody from Chennai who has cleared the IPT?

VictorTango
5th Oct 2010, 15:19
Last IPT is on the 17thof October !

CaptGodfather
6th Oct 2010, 14:55
What about the IPT for those who cleared the re-assessment of the management interview?

speedbird234
7th Oct 2010, 09:53
@ victortango - you sure thats the last date for the ipt?

Any idea on when they plannin to give out the results for the ipt?

deserteagle
12th Oct 2010, 09:52
IPT results are out today for most of us.

Cheers!

flygirl2010
13th Oct 2010, 20:45
hey any idea on when the medical will be? has anyone gotten a mail for a medical date after the result? thanks.

speedbird234
15th Oct 2010, 19:20
apparently what i've heard is that jet plannin to start d nxt batch on 6th nov... so v cn xpect the nxt email to come around the end of october bt tat is js a calculated guess....

flygirl2010
15th Oct 2010, 21:32
how do you know that the batch is starting on 6th of november? it's a saturday.
and i've heard that 17th's ipt has been postponed. is the 16th ipt also postponed and why? anyone whose got a postpone letter?

silent_scream
16th Oct 2010, 04:13
There have been healthy comments on what the Written and Interview were like,
Any comments on what was the IPT session like ?
What exercises were asked to be performed ?
Were the candidates expected to know anything about the Boeing 737 ?

Input Appreciated.

flygirl2010
16th Oct 2010, 17:06
hey
what they ask depends on who is taking it for you.
it can be simple intercepts and holds or the entire approach or both.
no prior knowledge of the 737 is required.
all the best with your ipt! :) when is it if you don't mind me asking?

silent_scream
17th Oct 2010, 02:01
flygirl2010, Thanks for your reply.

So even if we pooled the things asked by almost all examiners, would it be safe to say that VOR Interceptions, Holds and ILS Approaches were the three things that were asked to perform ?
And which airports are generally used during the IPT ? Could you mention a few ?

I wish I had a IPT date. Was not invited for the written. But it does not hurt to be prepared whenever the next time is.
But I think you have cleared your IPT, So all the best for your Medicals.
And Best for the ones who have IPT.

Fly Safe.

piper_cherokee
17th Oct 2010, 05:34
Hi silent_scream,

You can add DME arc to the list as our group was asked to do it.And they did not make us do anything related to ILS or NDB.So i don't thing ILS approaches are needed to be revised for this purpose.They asked us to fly the VOR approaches and their published missed approach procedures.

They generally ask the major airports of India like Ahmedabad,Chennai and Mumbai.They can ask you to fly the approach for any other airport also, but these are the airports i have heard from others who gave their IPT too.

silent_scream
17th Oct 2010, 06:40
Thanks Piper.

Flying the Approaches and Missed approaches will need knowledge of Speed and Thrust requirement. How do we deal with that ?

Flygirl said that no prior knowledge of 737 is required. But without knowing the presets and profiles, it is not possible for one to perform those maneuvers.

Am I missing something ?

piper_cherokee
17th Oct 2010, 06:50
Its all on Auto pilot.You just need to turn the Heading and the course knob, and just inform your examiner about the Altitude you want with what ROD/ROC, he'l twist the respective knobs.And the he will take care of speed.

silent_scream
17th Oct 2010, 07:38
Piper, Thanks Again.

flygirl2010
21st Oct 2010, 08:18
hey. i've heard that 17th's ipts are being held on saturday, 23rd. true at all? anyone on that day?
anyone got a mail for a medical date?

flyhigh320
27th Oct 2010, 03:59
hello guys,

Congratulations to all theguys that cleared the jet airways written test /interviews.
I am an indian CPL holder aspiring to get into an airline currently in the USA returning to india soon.
I would like some guidance on clearing the Indian Written exams & interview.
I would like to know who teaches for the written Test & interview, any info & guidance on cracking the test is appreciated. I seriously want to take classes for the written & interview.
Since all of you have cleared the written tests I thought best to ask you people for guidance
Please advise me where to take classes for airline written test

Thanks in advance fellow aviators

flygirl2010
31st Oct 2010, 23:32
c'mon people, keep the thread alive!

speedbird234
2nd Nov 2010, 11:21
2nd batch with jet already started on the 1st.. Heard rumours that 3rd catch will start either in mid november or early december coz jetlite apparently has no parallel batch runnin with the current 2nd batch.. Dont know how true this is but the calculations say so.. Got the same news from some of my friends working in jet..

antigravity61
9th Nov 2010, 08:22
hello everyone,
I need update on the jet airways selection process of the 3rd batch. Please help me out. I was rescheduled for the reassessment on 9th Sept and then postponed. I am still waiting for the call. Is there anybody in my situation or am I the only one waiting for the call for the interview.
God Bless.

BORING 737
9th Nov 2010, 11:28
@antigravity61: Even i had my reassessments.. it was actually planned on 7th sept but later postponed to the end of the same month. I am done with the interview. awaiting my sim dates. But--- its already a month and a half. does any1 know when the last sim was held? :confused:

CaptGodfather
25th Nov 2010, 07:05
*BUMP*

Any updates?

antigravity61
26th Nov 2010, 22:54
@ BORING 737:
I am guessing the reassessment guys haven't got their ipt mails as of yet. I have a friend of mine who appeared on7th Sept and cleared. He is still waiting for the ipt date.
As for me, I have always been the last to give the test being a Delhi candidate and I am thinking 25th Nov interview was the last. BTW, I cleared the interview. I had started loosing hope as they didn't call me for the last 2 n half months.

Guys, please update if you have a different news.

pooja_flygurl
27th Nov 2010, 23:07
guys if u dont mind me askin wats an IPT ? :E and wat aircrafts u fly in the sim for the approaches ? and do u have to demonstrate a RNAV approach aswell ?

@piper : if it's all in auto-pilot , then it should lower the work load rite and for the holding and the intercepts do they simulate strong winds ?

@flygirl2010 : wats the tolerance for the NDB approach ? +-5 degree's aswell ?

speedbird234
28th Nov 2010, 10:26
@ Pooja_flygurl:
I. IPT - Instrument Proficiency Test... its on a Fixed base Boeing 737-800 sim and they make us do either of the following:
1. VOR 2. DME Arc 3. ILS (seldom) 4. NDB (unlikely)
They dont make you do RNAV Approaches..

II. Being on auto-pilot reduces work load, but its a much faster a/c than the ones we are used to and when the captain/check pilot brings you in the cockpit, you are placed somewhere on the map, you have to orientate yourself, then he'd make you do a couple of intercepts (Both inbound and outbound).. by the time thats done, you have to commence an approach and give the approach brief whilst setting up ur a/c for the approach (to add to the hardship, keeping your hand on the heading bug is freaking tiring coz your entire hand, starting from the shoulder, hurts badly and everything happens so quickly that you barely get time to move your hand from the heading bug)... They simulate winds at times, but its not compulsory...

III. The pilot would rarely ask you to do an NDB approach, but even if he does, there is no set tolerance but for your own sake you can practice with +/- 5 degrees... all that the check pilot is lookin for would be whether you know how to do the particular approach, you are doing the procedures correctly and how you give the approach brief..

pooja_flygurl
28th Nov 2010, 10:34
thnks speedbird:D for the reply !

thats quite informative speedbird ! so u jump in directly to the 737 sim or they brief u beforehand on how to use the MCP for the heading/course adjustment . and were u asked to sector entries aswell ?

speedbird234
28th Nov 2010, 17:43
u jump right into d sim and the chck pilot quickly briefs you about the hdg bug, the vor, ndb (if required), dme etc, thats it....!!!!! And hell yea, they make u do sector entry for a particular approach and when you are on the inbound leg and you do a missed approach, he asks u to come back to the navaid and asks u to do a sector entry for a completely different rwy approach and then asks you to do a holding pattern..... For me, when i was about to turn for the inbound leg of the vor hold, the captain gave me pretty strong winds, so i had to watch for that and apply correction, coz otherwise he wouldn't be very nice during the check...

I had to experience it one time and it was bad...!!!!!

sandysup
29th Nov 2010, 04:47
So guys, any updates on the 3rd batch?

37thousandfeet
29th Nov 2010, 10:06
where do they send for the type rating after the selection process./

speedbird234
29th Nov 2010, 16:14
@ Sandysup - Got to know that the 3rd Batch would be starting in January, and those who'd be in that batch would get their calls for medicals and joining formalities by the end of december, maybe third or fourth week... and the 4th Batch would then start in March... (This is a confirmed news from Jet HR)

@ 37thousandfeet - There are three places where you could be send for TR... London, Brussels and Bangalore... You get the slot on a random basis... You go to london/brussels and you get a daily allowance paid to you altogether before the beginning of the TR.. if you get bangalore, then you dont get any extra moolah..!!

Oh yeah, and this TR is after you attend your 7 weeks ground classes in SM Center, Andheri East, Mumbai, then do your supis...

pooja_flygurl
30th Nov 2010, 06:44
@speedbird : its a self sponsored TR isnt it ? but jet will provide the expense for the duration of the tr in london/belgium ..lol... sounds like a Deal !!:ok:

speedbird234
30th Nov 2010, 10:11
@Pooja_flygurl - It really not that bad.. you pay Jet 15 lacs for the TR out of which you'd get 7.5 lacs back after completing five years with the company and the amount that you get to carry out your expenses in london/brussels is not that much but still alright.. they pay you about 45 pounds a day (roughly for 26 days) which comes out to be around Rs. 70k - 80k...

sandysup
30th Nov 2010, 13:26
@speedbird234 - Thanks for that info... :ok:

BORING 737
8th Dec 2010, 11:49
hey guys.. so i got my sim dates/ great news i should say! temme if any1 els like me got the sim dates.. we might propably end up in the same batch. peace out :D

musaafir
9th Dec 2010, 10:17
I have 4 questions, if anyone can answer it would be of great help.

1. Are any 'performance-chart/TAFs/METARs' based questions, or any other similar questions, asked along with flying?

2. I've heard IPT includes inbound-outbound interceptions,VOR approaches with complete Missed Approach Procedure and Holding patterns, and finally DME arc.
Is anything else we need to practice apart from above stated and NDB,ILS approaches?
To be specific, the RNAV app?

3.Are re-assessed pilots who are being called for IPT now also going be in the third batch?

4. Do we need to wait for medicals or further round or should we hit back after our test(for out-stationed candidates)?

Thanks.