PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Aviation Academy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

stikku
9th Aug 2010, 09:26
I am thinking about joining the Alpha Aviation Academy based at Sharjah. I would like your opinion on the course they offer. Do they provide you with full training required to become a pilot. I have read bad reviews regarding this academy in this thread

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/366755-mpl-alpha-aviation-uae-caution.html

I would like to know if they have improved in anyway. After I have successfully completed the training will I be able to get a job with Air Arabia. I have been told that this will happen and I would like to verify it.

thanks for the help

777-Aviator
9th Aug 2010, 17:13
After I have successfully completed the training will I be able to get a job with Air Arabia. I have been told that this will happen and I would like to verify it.
You've been told? You must be kidding around!

You have to believe such claims only when you have them written in an official contract.. Otherwise, don't pay this crazy amount of cash for an MPL from UAE and go get an FAA or JAA ATPL if you are worried enough about finding a job!

Red max
9th Aug 2010, 17:33
there are heaps of holes and lack of information regarding the MPL , do your self a favour and go through the usual way CPL/IR + (f)ATPL , i recommend getting JAA instead of icao , although i really doubt that a fresh pilot out of school could get a job in EU without EU citizenship. but still you save yourself alot of hassel incase you ever wanted to convert your license.

malirm
10th Aug 2010, 15:31
I am a MPL cadet from Alpha, I guess my feedback in the thread you (stikku) mentioned would really help...anyways, just to tell you what you are paying for:

1. MPL License = [CPL/IR + ATPL Ground School + MCC in FNPT II Jet (60hrs) + Type Rating (110 hrs on level D A320 Sim) + 70hrs SE + 120hrs A320]

2. As a part of your licensing, you will have to make 12 TOs & LDGs (A320 time)

3. As part of your Licensing too, you will have to do 40 Sectors with the Partner Airline (not sponsor), where you will get roughly 100 to 120 hours of flight time on A320 with Air Arabia, this is where they'll welcome you or otherwise, but trust me, if you made it that far...you're OK

4. Converting to CPL/IR is easy after this stage (40 Sects) as you will only need to fly 10 to 20 more Hours on a ME airplane (still not confirmed if you can convert w/o these hours, as you already have proved your ability to operate on Commercial Flights)

Best of luck choosing, I had the same confusion...

777-Aviator
11th Aug 2010, 12:45
malirm,

Although I'm not convinced of the rational behind having MPL that is not sponsored by any company and then going back to convert to CPL/IR if needed, you still haven't answered the most important question that stikku was asking. Do you have any job offer with Air Arabia or any other airline company after getting your MPL? What's your plan if Air Arabia doesn't hire AAA cadets for a reason or another? :suspect:

stikku
11th Aug 2010, 19:41
Hoping to get more information from you folks. Have all the cadets who have passed been employed with air arabia.

Gulfstreamaviator
11th Aug 2010, 19:52
The 12 T/L are these in the aircraft or the SIM.

The 40 sectors. 100-120 hours with Air Arabia, are these as SNU, or SIC.

glf

malirm
11th Aug 2010, 23:54
777-Aviator, the answer to your question is a NO...but to be honest, since I have joined AAA, Air Arabia HR, Head of Training & even Flt Ops Manager has at least 1 to 2 visits a month, I remember the Top Management meetings with AAA Top Managements...etc. there is always a constant presence of Air Arabia Staff in AAA, we've had them visiting us once into our classroom & trying to motivate us, one of the High Management guys said ''We are happy that we have opened such a training program'' then I asked him your question (getting hired)...he said ''I understand...etc, Just focus on your training, you are Air Arabia's Sons''. Although it doesn't sound like a guarantee, but at least I can sense it all over the place, from instructors to Management :ok:.

Trust me, its a tough training program, whoever makes it through, will be a good airlinr pilot (one who can handle jets/SOPs...etc. from the first day at work), I know some airlines in the region & I heard from some them that they are intrested in MPL...can't say more than that about it!, hope it'll become official before the end of the year :)

@ glf, the time logged will be SIC (FO) as you will already be carrying the MPL after the Real/Actual A320 12 T/Ls.

daman0487
12th Aug 2010, 04:08
Hi,

So in short, it's a 'No' eh? I've been told time and again that almost any fit individual can be trained to fly a plane, but if one does not have the innate capabilities that airlines always look out for in potential pilots (doesn't crack under pressure, etc.), well, the MPL will look good being hung on the living room wall i suppose.

stikku
13th Aug 2010, 06:15
I am looking for the answers and will not put my money for now. Good luck to yannisfr. Keep us informed.

malirm
13th Aug 2010, 10:10
I think you might be right...or maybe not, well, I've seen alots of people who applied for the MPL training & were found not fit for it...having 4 different tests & an interview is rarely done for CPL/IR cadets of other schools.

My father was a previous CPL/IR holder & now an ATPL flying 777s & he was the one who pushed me to it, as he knows what kind of training I would get...etc. Trust me its a matter of time, MPL worked in the Philippines & Air Arabia has interviewed & employed 7 MPL cadets from the Sister company (Clark Aviation Academy)...if you went through my previous posts, I mentioned that Air Arabia owns 51% of AAA (this could be a pressure point on Air Arabia, they must hire to keep the school running).

Anyways, each one of us has his own opinion, watching a fight is completely different than being in it...I am in it, while most of you guys are watching...so far so good, I can sense victory is coming :ok:. Wish you all good days :)

yannisfr
13th Aug 2010, 10:34
So there was only 7 cadets (from Clark) who joined Air Arabia out of all the ones who joined batch 1, Batch 2, .... in Sharjah?

Did everybody closed the programme in 18 months?

malirm
13th Aug 2010, 11:47
Lets just Clarify some stuff here about Sharjah MPL cadets, I am one of the guys who had joined AAA in the 2nd Batch, the 2nd batch started with 6 Cadets & ended up with 2, where 2 have failed to keep it up & 2 had some financial issues!

The first batch are a total of 9 Cadets, as we are only 2, batch one & two have merged & formed a class of 11 cadets after the grund school, now we are doing our core flying in the Philippines (Clark Aviation) due to alots of reasons, including the experience of the MPL instructors up here :ok:. The other batches are due to fly soon (Sept), until that time...I'll give you the news!

The Non-Philippino guys who graduated from Clark (7 at the moment), came to Sharjah for an interview with Air Arabia & had made it through. Alots of Filippino MPL cadets (about 30) have joined Cebu Pacific airlines & I have heard (not confirmed) that Zest Air is intrested & had hired some! PAL is on the way maybe !

yannisfr
13th Aug 2010, 12:46
Thanks for your answer Marlim. Did AAA opened any other batches after the first and second?
I wanna be sure that the programme will not take pmore than 18 months, but it seems that it isn't the case, isn't it? You began one year ago, and you are still in the core flying phase, so it will take at least one more year to close the programme...

AAA told me that the core flying will be done in Sharjah, do they have enough C172 for that?

Thanks for your answers

Yannis

malirm
14th Aug 2010, 04:29
AAA has a third & forth batch on the way...I think it will take exactly 18 months for us, as the only slow phase is the core flying, due to weather & other limitations. At the moment, AAA has 2 C172SPs & are planning to get an extra one by the end of the year, maybe another one by early next year :confused:

The FNPT II is being installed (from Mechatronix) in AAA, by the time we finish (roughly Mid-Sept), everything will be ready & training will run smoothly until the end of the year, maybe to the end of Jan 2011 due to GCAA processing time!

A320 Simulators are ready whether it was in CAE, Dubai or Clark Aviation or Jordan or even Tunisia, we have 4 back up plans for it...:ok:. I just Soloed today (on the 28th hour...as per MPL Syllabus)...from today onwards, I'll go fast on the Sorties :)

yannisfr
14th Aug 2010, 10:31
Congrat for your solo! One FNPT2 will probably not be enough to train you all 9 at the same time. What is the age range for the 4 batches (youngest and oldest)?
Good luck for the end of your core flying!

malirm
15th Aug 2010, 11:39
Thanks man...I believe one Simulator in more than enough specially for 16 hours a day operations, one instructor can finish 4 cadets in the morning, while the another finishes another 4 cadets in the afternoon (you can have overnight ops too)...you are talking about 4 hours a day per cadet & one cadet need to clock 60 hrs, So, 60/4 = 15 days to get the MCC done..or roughly 3 weeks (including weekends), lets say 4 weeks (which is the Target), then off to the A320 by 1st Nov. which is 2 months or less!...then 12 TO/Ldgs which is ONE day only, then the License :ok:

We have cadets who just turned 18 & others over the age of 40 ! Most of us are in 20s, but we have some in 30s & 40s too :)

fatcadet
15th Aug 2010, 12:16
12T/L are these in the aircrcraft or SIM

Confucius says a picture is word thousand words. What about a video?

youTube-Base Training on Airbus A320-MPL @ Clark Aviation

opl330
16th Aug 2010, 11:05
I noticed the students from AAA on this subject. I have questions about the interview to get a AAA
I would like to know information about :
-language and mathematics testing
-computer based COMPASS aptitude testing
-psychometric evaluation
-intreview with experienced pilot assesor
thanks you

777-Aviator
17th Aug 2010, 02:20
Good luck to those who are about to get their MPL. I only think that this kind of license is not the right choice, at least these days.

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/424273-multi-crew-pilot-license-mpl-thoughts.html

Guys, it's worthwhile reading the posted replies in the thread above. Some wise words from experts I believe.:D

Masif Eego
17th Aug 2010, 03:21
what's the difference between a MPL holder and a duck ???
anyone ???
a duck can fly

malirm
20th Aug 2010, 08:44
Not so high :ok: as MPL will take you to 30000 ft :eek:

yannisfr
23rd Aug 2010, 12:10
Hi Marlim, any news concerning the opening of AAA's/AA new facilities in Sharjah? What about the accommodations too?

malirm
25th Aug 2010, 19:30
Hi, the FNPT II is on the way from Canada, will be ready by the Mid of Sept (or end), we are scheduled for the FNPT II in October anyways :ok:

The Ground School is doing great & the Flight line is getting ready to become active soon with 4 flight instructors & 2 Cessnas currently, the maintenance department is finalising its certification (so that we don't depend on other companies...fix on the spot), but nothing really new, I will post any news I get about AAA whether is was good or Bad :)... Sept will be the good news month as far as I can say.

yannisfr
26th Aug 2010, 08:37
Thanks Marlim, but what about the new buildings? There were supposed to built new facilities to be ready for 2010...

And what about the accommodation?

Thanks!

malirm
27th Aug 2010, 18:38
Hi, well let me start with the accomodation, I haven't seen it inperson, but I've seen some of my friends' photos on face book & they looked luxurious, Air Arabia Flight Attendants & some pilots live there & its really Classy (Specially with the Car Parking & Swimming pool, don't know about the Gym :ok:), I might live in there when I come back from the Philippines for the rest of the training & hopefully after I get employed by air arabia :O.

The new facilities, buildings...etc. you have mentioned, were postponed, where AAA buildings might be built beside (connected to) Air Arabia's new HQ or maybe Air Arabia's Training Academy :confused:, which is under study/process...don't know when, but I know that Air Arabia's OWN A320 Sim Building is being built & will be ready by the end of the year, the sim will be ready sometime next year...anyways, I'm not going to get trained there...

The current building (Hangar), which AAA moved into in Sept. 2009 is pretty good, its split into 4, it've got 4 Classrooms, 1 Student lounge + other rooms for GIs (grnd inst) & Admin...etc. while the Flight School, Maintenance Dept. & FNPT II are on the Airside :ok: of the Hangar...hope this helps

gmsriram
29th Aug 2010, 13:28
Hey marlim, i have been reading thru all your threads and it has given me a clear view about alpha but is it worth it till now according to you and the training?
And can you give a brief description of the selection process?

malirm
30th Aug 2010, 08:27
is it worth it till now according to you and the training?

Well, I can't say if its worth it or not until I finish my training & have the MPL in my pocket with a bunch of airlines intrested in me, as a matter of fact, I know 3 airlines who are intrested in MPL in this region at the moment & air arabia had already employed 7 mpl cadets from our sister company Clark Aviation :ok:. If you were speaking Quality wise, well, AAA is providing the best training Syllabus & Equipment Plus really great Instructors.

And can you give a brief description of the selection process?

Well, I don't know if it has changed until this date, but this is what happened with me:

Day 1 : Pilapt (Psychomotor Test), English Test then Math Test, Lunch Break & then the Interview...sometimes the interview gets postponed to Day 2!

Day 2 : Personality Questionaire (Boring 250 Questions test) to see if you have the personality or to see if you have no issues :ok:, then the results...usually they discuss all the results (except personality) with you in the Interview...then you have to wait for the phone call, I got it after 2 hours (on the way back home), the phone call is the final decision, even if they seemed happy with your performance throughout your tests.

pacemakerpratik
14th Sep 2010, 16:39
malirm!
you are everywhere in Alpha Aviation Academy's thread, you sound more like the Brand Ambassador for them, think about working out a deal with them, hey!.... I would totally recommend you :D:D:D

good job!!

anyways! what's the update now-a-days? you got your solo a month back, how much of hours have you logged since then, when are you heading back SJH ?

and by the way, if i were to enroll in the AAA by November, do you think I might also need to be in P'pines for my PHASE 2 ?

All the Best!!:ok:

malirm
30th Sep 2010, 15:16
Thanks for the :D :D :D , I think by letting you guys know more about AAA & MPL doesn't need a deal with anybody...I was in your place for sometime, it took me weeks to decide whether its worth it or Not :ok:.

I am only 9 hours away from the 70th hour that I must log before proceeding to the MCC/FNPTII (Phase 3), for the time being...I'm in the last 9 hours of IFR...so expecting to finish by 10 Oct 2010 ! or Before...depending on the weather...as its the Wet Season in the Philippines !

I don't think that you will need to fly in the Philippines for the Core Flying, we were an exception (First 9 Students) as they didn't want to slow our training (as you know...its an Ab-initio). AAA is close to launch the Core Flying in Sharjah, they say on the 16th of October is the Date...some delays has occured because of the AMO certification (Aircraft Maintenance Organisation Certificate)...as AAA will have the First Certified hangar for Light aircrafts like the Cessnas & other Piston Engined airplanes in Sharjah :ok: (how could you fly the airplane if you can't fix it or simply have a license that allows you to add oil to the engine after a long flight)

Anymore Questions...please let me know...flying in the afternoon these days, so I'm up all night!

pacemakerpratik
30th Sep 2010, 16:52
:D:D:D you worth it.
after-all you are the only guy, providing us the updates. Seriously! it's so interesting and you are doing a really appreciable job! :ok:

I'm sure :O you would keep us posted about the updates,
Good-Luck with the hours and beyond.

Thanks for the Night Overtime,

P.S.: you are the Trademark for AAA in the "pprune" ;)

yannisfr
1st Oct 2010, 16:27
Hi Malirm,

Any good news coming? I heard that Air Arabia wanted to get out from Alpha Aviation? Is it true?

Why does the cadets are not signing a contract with AA like the ones with flybe and OAA or FTE Jerez?

Yannis

yannisfr
1st Oct 2010, 16:29
Hi Malirm,

Any good news coming? I heard that Air Arabia wanted to get out from Alpha Aviation? Is it true? :uhoh:

Why does the cadets are not signing a contract with AA like the ones with flybe and OAA or FTE Jerez?

Yannis

malirm
2nd Oct 2010, 16:46
Hi, I've never heard about air arabia getting out from Alpha...I heard that Alpha will start covering a part of the Cabin Crew training for Air Arabia & 3rd party airlines, Alpha's Cabin Mock Up will be hosted in Air Arabia's new Cabin Crew training facility!

Another news is that Air Arabia has stopped accepting the Ab-initio CPL/IR/TR graduates to give the MPLers some space (they removed the position from the Careers website)...so far (as mentioned earlier) 7 MPL cadets are employed with Air Arabia & another 8 to follow before us (AAA cadets)...don't know from where you heard the news...but its for sure the opposite of what I heard!

I really don't know about the Contract thing...but I know that I will have 40 Sectors with Air Arabia before a Highly Pottential Contract Signiture :ok:

gilderoy lockhart
2nd Oct 2010, 19:00
Malrim,
Glad the flying is going well and the course is progressing, I am sure you will continue to impress.

Cheers MB

yannisfr
2nd Oct 2010, 19:18
I heard it from a guy who is COO at AA Morocco

malirm
3rd Oct 2010, 15:47
I have been trying to get some insider news about that matter the whole day, but trust me...I couldn't find, are you sure the Cheif Operating Officer in AA Maroc is saying that? I don't know if he meant for AA Maroc...please confirm with Mr. RR about this matter...it seems that you know someone or you are around him :bored:.

AAA has a training partnership with Air Arabia, plus, we started giving AA FOs the ATPL ground school so that they can upgrade to Captains & if there was any bad news...trust me, we (cadets) will know it before AAA management...as I said some of us (not me!) are sons of Captains in Air Arabia :ok:.

Yannisfr...the news you've heard might not be true and hope it's not...although I'm sure it's not :), that's PPRuNe...

GL...Thanks for the Thumbs Up !

yannisfr
3rd Oct 2010, 16:28
I hope you're right. A friend of mine knows the guy. He is called Ramachandran Rohit upon my friend. I am just reporting what i heard. He was talking about AA in general, and saying as well that more MPLers have tbeen taken just to ensure the financing of the school and the investments but that all of them will not be taken inside once they will complete the programme....:bored:

malirm
3rd Oct 2010, 18:15
As I mentioned earlier somewhere around PPRuNe...Air Arabia is a Partner Airline & not a Sponsor Airline...so you can expect them not to employ some of us or even most of us...it all depends on our performance & the Airline's performance...Nothing New :)

I know (as a matter of fact) that Alpha Aviation MPLers (GCAA license holders) will have priority over the sister company MPLers (Clark Aviation to be exact) as from day one on the A320 Sim...we will be trained by Air Arabia Captains...you'd know if you were going to be taken or not before the end of the Training...But until this moment, nothing is guaranteed (I mentioned that before)...so Mr. Ramachandran sounds Logical...why in hell they would take an extra employee if they don't want him?

I heard that (Long time Ago, when I joined), some of us might get employed immediately while the others will be placed in the holding pool & be absorbed slowly into the Company (only incase the Airline needs pilots & we were good enough...I think holding a MPL sounds good enough) :ok:

As my Parents & Grand Parents say...wait & see (Observe)...in this case, wait & see me :eek:

So Basically, Air Arabia is not backing off from Alpha Aviation Academy...its still the same :) (No Guarantees)

yannisfr
15th Oct 2010, 14:05
Hi Malirm, how are u doing so far? Any good new to share?

malirm
17th Oct 2010, 11:33
Most of the first batch are done with core flying finally (I'm one of them :O)...after 17 weeks in the Philippines, Now...we will be heading back to Sharjah to start the MCC Sim sometime around the end of the month...any news from your side :\ ...

hassan_alsaigh74
19th Oct 2010, 05:56
Hello Malirm,

My name’s Hassan, I read all your comments in PPRuNe and really it’s very useful, I intend to join AAA but still to this moment I’m hesitant regarding the appointment after complete the course, so if you have any update please inform me, I wish to you a best luck :ok:.

yannisfr
26th Nov 2010, 13:16
From my side, i have gone through FTE Jerez tests and i got them, so i will start soon in Spain the classic integrated CPL programme. I did not felt really confident with AAA, so i decided to go for a renown FTO.

Did you came back from Philippines? Sim? What new about your school and Air Arabia?:hmm:

When are you expecting completing the programme?:ok:

Good luck my friend!:D

Sky81
21st Jan 2011, 17:23
Hi all

I'm new here .. but found this very useful .. i'm also thinking of joining AAA and waiting for Malirm's update .. desperately!!! ;)

Good Luck!!

serepiloto
30th Jan 2011, 10:12
Hi, everybody. I'm new here. Could anybody tell me if he get job with Air Arabia or any other company after the AAA course finish. It could be usefull because it in my my to join then. Anybody can help me ?
Thank you

malirm
31st Jan 2011, 17:43
Just got out from a meeting in Alpha Aviation Academy, it included the GM, HOT & Air Arabia's Training Manager...and other AAA staff.

As for the time being, The 3 CA MPL cadets were released from line training & are now Full FOs of Air Arabia, while the other 4 are still under the SO position (for the Line Training). ANY MPL cadet must do (initially) 80 sectors or 500 hours with Air Arabia before they get released to FO position (depending on Availability of Slots AND performance)...might be reduced (from 80 sectors) as soon as MPL becomes more popular & Air Arabia becomes 100% confident of the "product".

Also heard "Air Arabia & Alpha Aviation Academy are fully committed to MPL & to providing the training for MPL" + Alots of topics were covered on the A320 Sim training, TOs & Landings...etc. I can't really give out the info on that stuff until it is Finalised between AA & AAG...since the new GM has joined Alpha, I can say, alots of positive news are coming out & will be coming out...until this moment, I can say Air Arabia is considering MPL seriously & is putting plans for it, as usual...no promises of a Permanent contract, but at least news about Temporary contracts are now confirmed to be real...so, nothing to worry about...if you don't get absorbed into AA, you can go to other airlines...but don't think that AA would make you leave, they need pilots in the coming days :)

malirm
18th Mar 2011, 12:11
Arabian Aerospace - Air Arabia signs MPL training contract with JATS (http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/article.php?section=training&article=air-arabia-signs-mpl-training-contract-with-jats&utm_source=googleNews&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=news_feed)

Sky81
21st Mar 2011, 06:03
Hi Malirm, thanks for the update .. btw does that mean that AAA students will undergo their simulator training in Jordan?? for how long? -it will be more cash to spend then :ugh: .. Last time i talked to the AAA staff, they said they are at the moment in a phase of building their own simulator for their student near the airport??!?! which should be done by the end of this year :rolleyes:

malirm
21st Mar 2011, 21:37
It won't cost us any extra, we are paying the normal installments...its up to the Academy to make the Profit or not. Basically at the A320 phase, its up to the Partner Airline (in this case Air Arabia) to make profit or not :)

We are expected to complete the A320 Phase in 7 weeks, 2 weeks of A320 ground school/MFD stuff, then A320 Sim for 5 weeks...

As I pass by it every time I go to the Academy, The A320 Sim Building will be ready in a month or so & the Sim will be placed in it by Mid May...then GCAA will make an Audit & would have to Certify the Sim...etc. so July sounds like the Month of judgement ! As far as I got to know, the first few batches will do their A320 Phase in Jordan, including Air Arabia Crew...more updates to come soon ;)

malirm
13th May 2011, 09:48
Updates are coming soon by end of Next week :)

until that time, bang me with questions ;)

yannisfr
14th May 2011, 10:14
Training seems taking more than 2 years right?
How many cadets are involved in the programme actually?
I heard that core flying will not be done in SHJ?
Once you will be finishing all the training, how car the sponsor airline integrate the cadets? They will not be able to take more than 10 per year, so it will take more than 5 years to integrate everybody.....
How many finally will get jobs with the airline?
Enough questions mate......:D

malirm
17th May 2011, 12:38
Hi, here is a PART of the update

I think it seems that the 18 month programme turned to be a 26 month Program...no doubt, as MPL still has challenges on how to IMPLEMENT the written stuff & make them happen in reality satisfying the Airline & the Civil Aviation Authority as well...the delays apply to Batch 1 & 2, but don't think batch 3, 4, 5 & 6 so far.

There are 9 cadets in the First Batch, 14 in the Second (Core Flying now) & another 30 to 35 cadets in Ground school, some of them are graduating soon.

In order to put an end to the Core Flying Bottle Neck, the academy is doing the flying in Sharjah (with 2 C172s) & in Clark Aviation, Philippines (with 3 C172s), hopefully by Mid-Jun, 6 cadets will be ready for MCC, while the other 8 will finish before the end of June their core flying, thus opening the way for the another 16 or so cadets for core flying. There is some news that a Third Core Flying training location will be provided, but with Pipers (glass cockpit ones).

The Sponsor airline (Air Arabia), is ready to receive us at anytime, they've prepared TREs & TRIs & Line training Captains, we'll need approx. 4 months to finish the line training & become fully released FOs & as you know, Arabia is receiving 2 planes this year & they are already loosing pilots for Etihad & Emirates + other Big Airlines.

I belief that it can take up to a Year to absorb all 50 + cadets, don't forget, there are 40 A320s to be delivered by 2013 (2.5 more years !) I also belief that the current amount of cadets are not enough !

The 7 cadets from Clark Aviation got released to line as (FOs) beginning of this week...(that's 7 slots for us :) )

As for the first Batch, we are now ready for the A320 Training, expecting to leave for Jordan next week & come back for 12 TOs & LNDGs by end of Jul, you will be updated more in the coming few days...I will find the time ;)

yannisfr
20th May 2011, 10:57
Thanks for the update, i hope you will be finishing your training before 2013... The A320 are to be received before end of 2016, and a part of them will be replacing the ones in leasing.

Realistically, AA will not be able in one year all the cadets, and i think that they will only take Max half of all the ones actually in training (7 batches). Am i right or wrong????:=

malirm
20th May 2011, 12:02
I still have the Updates, but will need to Confirm them before I go to you guys...anyways, since its PPRuNe, I'll give you an outline ;) I was hoping to Confirm it yesterday...

Batch 1 will start the A320 Ground School + Exam next week, then SEP/Dangerous Goods...etc. courses will be provided, then, by end of Next week, we'll be off to Jordan for the ICAO English Proficiency Test, then the A320 Intermediate & Advanced Phase, with a total of 27 A320 FFS sessions which is going to end in less than 7 weeks (5 working days), i.e. 4 hour Session everyday :)

Hopefully by July 21st we'll go directly from Jordan to a Country (Confidential), for the 12 TAGs, then back to UAE to issue the Licenses, as you know, as it is New to Alpha, Air Arabia & the GCAA, everything is being monitored & supervised bit by bit...thats why we got the delays, everything must be upto the standards (if not more) I hope that the GCAA, Air Arabia & Alpha have settled it finally, as from what I hear & get to know, the MPL training standards here in the UAE, is a competent to the UK-JAR standards. This makes me proud :)

As for the A320s & Job Placements...etc. don't forget that neighboring airlines are growing really fast, Lots & lots of pilots (specially the Type Rated) are being SUCKED into the Big airlines because of their fast growth (although they have their own Cadet Pilot Program !) we all still have a great chance into Air Arabia...lots of FOs are becoming Captain also, while other Captains are becoming involved with the TRI/TRE positions...I guess we will have some space :)

More to Come once confirmed :ok:

yannisfr
28th May 2011, 12:31
Thanks man, sounds good for you! I think you re in Jordan actually.
If batch 2 is in core flying, that means that all the other batches will come to core flying in the next months, and the other location with pipers sounds to be ideal to get in all the guys, otherwise you will struggle with your 2 cessnas in Sharjah and 3 in Philippines. But at least the last batches should experience delays with the core flying phase and the mcc one as well, as they will approximatively all finish the core at the same time, end of 2011, or Q1 2012, and FNPT2 will be overloaded. Then, i can't see how Air Arabia can enroll all the 35 or more cadets in line training at the same time. It is not realistic. The last batch will complete his training at Air Arabia best case end of 2013, but realistically 2014....or 2015

I agree, Emirates, Etihad, Flydubai will recruit in mass in the nearest future, but as your school continues to integrate cadets, there will be a breaking point where cadets will be left on the roadside, you have to be realistic, and Air Arabia planes are to be delivered from now till end of 2016

newcadet23
9th Jun 2011, 06:46
Yannisfr, I am currently a student in AAA and about to finish my ground school.
As you mentioned before, several students will be completing ground school and will thus require extra planes to complete our core flying stage. Well, AAA has already dealt with the problem. They have plans to send us to Australia for flying. Our flights, accommodation and food will be paid by Alpha. The contract between Alpha and the Australian flying school has been signed. All that is required now is the approval from the GCAA! If all goes well, which it should, I will be in Australia in the next 2 months! We all still need to complete our ground school and then pass our air law test!

captain.weird
15th Jun 2011, 15:31
Nice to hear the good news gals! I am very enthousiastic about this programme. How did you guys handle with this all? I can't find any selection process stages at the site of AAA.

Will the MPL graduating pilots get a job at Air Arabia or is it still not guaranteed? Any info on that? In these times the money isn't really a big issue, the most of the banks will give a loan.

And the course costs, 440,000AED, is this including food, accomodation and things like that or not?

Thanks anyways!!

newcadet23
16th Jun 2011, 18:01
Do not worry about the selection process. It is not difficult at all. You will have a basic Maths and English test. There is no need to revise for it. After that you will have some compute based exams. Once again no need to practise for it as you will be guided before you do the exam for real. Not difficult. After that you will have an interview and you will be told the next day if u are successful or not.

The cost of 440k dhs does not include any food, housing or transport. AAA provides some housing some 1 min drive away but it costs about 1900 dhs per month. Not lived there but i have seen the flats and tbh it is good value for money.

captain.weird
16th Jun 2011, 20:11
Thank you very much newcadet to answer my questions! But what is now the average length of the training? I've read 20+ months and things like that. At the site I read (a minimum of 19 months).

The course place is Sharjah. Will the cadets fly the single engine aircrafts at Sharjah Airport (Base of Air Arabia)?

And does the MPL programme of AAA really don't include any real multi engine aircraft?

newcadet23
17th Jun 2011, 04:34
Yeah, I do not think it will take more than 20 months to finish the course.
Atm AAA is planning on shifting the single engine training to Australia. If this happens to you AAA will pay for everything apart from your own entertainment there.
They will pay for your flights, food and housing for the 10 weeks that you will be there for.
The course at AAA does include flying in a real A320. You will get to do 12 Take off and Landings. After that you will get to fly a few sectors (not sure of the number) with Air Arabia as a second officer. You will basically fly from say Sharjah to Delhi and then fly back with 2 other pilots guiding you.

If you perform well then you will be offered a contract as a first officer when they have a slot open. Atm Air Arabia is hiring throughout the year so we all should get a job considering we do well in the line training.

captain.weird
17th Jun 2011, 08:54
Thanks newcadet!

But you say, after the sectors you will get a contract or not. But I heard something else.

- 1st: Get the MPL License
- 2nd: Type Rating
- 3rd: 80 sectors of flying with Air Arabia
- 4th: 500hrs of line training
- 5th: Contract negotiating/Yes or no
- 6th: Air Arabia or sitting at home

I was told that it was something like that, but you say that the cadet will get the contract (or not) after the 3rd step right?

I was told that Air Arabia is in short of pilots, so they have started the MPL programme. If you do it well during the 80 sectors/500hrs of line training you will get the contract. You don't have to be a 'superb' pilot, is this right?

I have e-mailed the contactperson of AAA but didn't get any response (3 days now!).

newcadet23
17th Jun 2011, 13:45
As far as I know we get the contract after stage 3. Stage 4 is when your are earning a lower salary but you still hold the position of First Officer. You will earn 5,000 Dhs + free housing+ flying bonuses (about 2k dhs). After you have completed the 500 hours you will get the full salary of 28k dhs + flying bonuses. This is what i have been told but i could be wrongly informed.

Either way you are 99% guaranteed a job. You do not need to be a superb pilot. You just need to meet their minimum requirements. I have heard from a first officer in Air Arabia that the training he is receiving currently is the best in the world. He ha flown with Air France and Lufthansa and considers Air Arabia line training to be much better than them. Good news for us I guess!

captain.weird
17th Jun 2011, 16:15
Aha nice to hear! Very nice to hear haha!

Where do the cadets stay? Do they have own accomodation or do they stay at their parents? Are the most cadets nationals? Are their some foreigners on the course?

Is there been a cadet which isn't given a place at Air Arabia?

Suggest this position: a cadet which got his licences through this scheme and got accepted at Air Arabia. After flying some years and have a total of 3,000 total flight time, they are eligible for some major carriers, like Emirates. But Emirates only accepts (now) ATPL and not MPL. But after 1,500 of total flight time the cadet is eligible to transfer the MPL into a ATPL. After switching this the cadet flies some 1,500 hours more and the total flight time will be 3,000. Is the cadet then eligible for getting hired by Emirates or not? Do AA and EK have an agreement (like QR & EK) that the F/O's and Captains can't switch by the companies? Or can this be done?

newcadet23
17th Jun 2011, 20:14
The cadets usually stay at the flats provided by AA. It is some 2 mins drive from the sharjah airport. Atm only one person in AAA is a national. Rest are from Bahrain, Oman, India, Pakistan and UK.

Sadly, I cannot answer your remaining questions. At the moment no one from AAA has reached the stage that they can get a place in AA. They are atm in the A320 sim stage.

As for MPL, I think Emirates will in the future accept MPL student without converting to ATPL.

captain.weird
17th Jun 2011, 21:07
Aha thank you very much for answering my questions newcadet. I think wait and see what happens with the first cadets would the best idea. But it sounds really good! We'll see! Keep us updated homie!

yannisfr
25th Jun 2011, 07:46
Hi Newcadet23, what is the breakdown of the batches? I know that there is 9 cadets in Batch 1, but what about the others?

Txs,

Yannis

newcadet23
25th Jun 2011, 08:48
Not sure about the earlier batches. What I know for sure is that there are now 7 batches at AAA. Batch 5 and 6 have 10 students each. Batch 7 has 12.

Over all I think we have some 60 students.

malirm
25th Jun 2011, 19:57
I can say, Batch 1 is 9, 2 is 8, 3 is 6, don't know about 4 (as some joined 5 & 6 or so) then 5 is 10, 6 is 10, 7 is 12 so a total of roughly 55 to 60 :)

Guys, heads up, first batch will be graduating in August...best of luck to the following batches...any help, please let me know ;) & as they always say, "knowledge is useless unless you share it"

A new update for anybody who wants to join AAG, Any batch joining (starting from August 2011), they will be finishing their training in a Max of 14 Months...EVERYTHING is settled & no delays afterall :D (I must get a commission for this Paragraph) !

yannisfr
26th Jun 2011, 13:55
Let's see how the first batches will be integrated by the airline. For Batch 1,2 & 3 it shouldn't be difficult, but for the latest ones (5,6 & 7) that will be tricky... and they might be left on the side of the road after completion of the program:ouch:

Lets take the last batch (7 or 8): if they are already in ground school, they should be finishing by end of the year.
Then CF, 3 months (till end of march 2012), FNPT2 3 months (end of june 2012), A320 SIM 3 months (end of sept 2012).

That means that they will be ready for air arabia by oct 2012. That means as well that all the previous batches (50 cadets) are already done with line training and are working with AA.

Seriously, How can it be possible ???

newcadet23
26th Jun 2011, 15:14
Why not? Air Arabia are recruiting on a constant basis. There are vacancies every month. Air Arabia are also on the process of buying new planes. Lets hope that we do get a job as soon as we are done with the MPL

yannisfr
26th Jun 2011, 15:25
I hope you are right but lets be realistic: how can air arabia train 50 cadets in 12 months???? They do not have enough TRI/TRE to take over this mass. It took more than 6 months for the first 7 cadets from clark. so that means max 15 a year, so more than 3.5 years to get in the 50 cadets, if all the seat are booked for them, and that is another game...

The 40 remaining planes on order are spread from now to 2016, 5.5 years from now, 4 in 2011, and 7 per year till 2016.

A part of them will replace the actual ones in leasing, final forecasted fleet in 2016: 50.

newcadet23
26th Jun 2011, 17:37
Agreed. But when they were recruiting those 7 students from clarke they were also recruiting from different sources. Very soon AA will only take students from Alpha.

So in this way they should be able to take alteast 30 students a year.

yannisfr
26th Jun 2011, 17:52
I agree, but they were not training the others, or from far away less....

Cross my fingers for you guys!

malirm
26th Jun 2011, 19:17
With all of my respect :), I want to clarify one thing, in MPL, there is no guaranteed JOB, you have a guaranteed line training, Getting a Job will depend upon your performance, NOT who joined first. The Clark MPLers (7) took all that time as they converted their MPL to GCAA MPL, then, Air Arabia had to provide a MPL Line training Syllabus to get it Certified by the GCAA, thats about 2.5 months at least...then they joined the Line Training with the other CPL/IR trainees...etc.

Air Arabia Currently has 18 TRI/Es & I heard that they are upgrading more Captains, the nice thing in MPL is that, you'll need less line training sectors online than a normal CPL/IR cadet...thus giving way to others, you can ask some of the Air Arabia Junior FOs how much it took them to finish the line training...non of them will have the same number of sectors or hours...it is strictly a Performance related process...if you are good enough, you are released with the Minimum required Sectors, if not & you have the Potential, you'll need more sectors...etc.One thing I have to mention here...not all the guys who get the SO position make it through to the FO position...so, you must have an extra Buffer for Failures too !

The GCAA requires Line training for the MPL cadets from the Partner Airline & by law, its a MPLers right to have the Line Training, NOT a JOB...unless you are a risk to Civil Aviation Safety, e.g. you just FREEZE on EVERY go-around !

yannisfr
11th Jul 2011, 16:26
A lot of airlines are recruiting in India, any indian students? Is there any agreement between Alpha aviation and any indian airline?

newcadet23
21st Jul 2011, 00:44
Sorry for the late reply. Yes there are a lot of indian student at alpha. The answer to ur question is No. The agreement is only with Air Arabia

risk
28th Jul 2011, 09:56
Just to collate all the questions & to clarify for myself & hopefully others can the students at Alpha answer the following:

//1// Is the line training (80 sectors) guaranteed in the AED 440,000 fees? Is it in the contract?

//2// Are the 12 TO & landings part of the course & will they be carried out on a live Air Arabia aircraft? Being a LCC can they afford to give their aircraft for such empty flights?

//3// When the first batch will graduate, do you mean, they will just get the MPL with the required minimums, or do you mean all the line training included?

//4// Once they graduate, will they be employed as SO(s) with Air Arabia (obviously based on performance & vacancies) or do they have to just wait around to find out if Air Arabia will take them if ever?

malirm
28th Jul 2011, 19:28
Hi Risk, despite the fact that I highly recommend you to Contact Alpha Aviation Academy & get your questions answered, I will try to answer your questions with what I have experienced & Know, don't take my reply as a Bible, its what I know :):

As for the line Training, the 440,000 AED is paid to Alpha & will get you to the License part (Secures a License for you), while the 80 Sectors (maybe more) are purely provided by Air Arabia (It must be provided for you by law, as the MPL will be restricted to Air Arabia's A320s, unless you finish the line training), the cost will be deducted from your Salary when you are released as a FO, if you were not good enough (Personality factors or Skills), you will be asked to pay for the Line training & probably leave (about 60,000AED)

As for the 12 TOs & landings, they are on REAL/LIVE airplanes (probably leased from a third Party), after some time, as far as I know, it starts with 12 then decreases to 6 then to ZERO (for the next few batches), as it has been proven that doing the 12 TOs & Landings in a Sim (Level D, nowadays it can be soooo real, trust me) would be much more practical, Safe & can simulate all kinds of landings (Tail Wind/Cross Wind/Head Wind/Calm...etc.)

When First Batch Graduate, they mean getting the MPL, the line training is AFTER the MPL, but a part that must be fulfilled by law, by the partner Airline.

When we graduate, we will be employed as SOs with Air Arabia & then, after completing the 80 or more sectors, we will be (if did it well) released as FOs & will be offered by another Contract (the FO contract), thus, we will pay them back for the line training.

I Highly recommend that you go to the Source (Alpha Aviation Academy) & get these questions answered Clearly by Mr. Yorrick Peters :ok:

risk
31st Jul 2011, 04:28
Thanks Marlim,

I have spoken to Mr. Peter at AAA, but you know how it is when you really want to sell a product. Therefore, I asked the questions here. Once again, thanks for the answers. I reckon your input on this thread has been the most valuable.

Just to give you an brief overview; I currently am in the aviation world with a job that pays much more than a FO, but like with all 'wannabe' pilots, I aspire of being behind those PFD(s) & ND(s) rather than this computer screen.

So my dilemma is, should I at this age (close to 30) with such a ‘comfy & well paying’ job & a million responsibilities, give everything up & sign my life up to AAA or not. You see, I can’t make a wrong decision here as it will mean the end of me. With the current world situation, getting my current job back is IMPOSSIBLE in case flying didn’t work out.

Nonetheless, I will watch how the first batch fares & decide thereafter. For now, I have two more questions if you possibly can answer:

//1// Is the line training in the contract? I see you mentioned it is per law, but with the way ‘law’ changes in this country I would rather have it in my contract than on a legislative paper.

//2// When do you reckon will the first batch complete its line training? This is to know how long before I know I can make a decision of my life.

Thanks Marlim & Godspeed!

malirm
2nd Aug 2011, 23:11
Hi Risk, I know its a tough decision, I had a bright future with the same airline you are in now ;) but decided to go on with the Flying Part, given the risks, advantages & Disadvantages, I just compared my choices & here I am, although a year and a Half late from graduating, I still didn't give up or thought that I took the wrong decision.

I can say, the line Training is not mentioned in the Contract, but Air Arabia is always present around us, we are training at the same place their Second Officers are being trained & staying in the same Hotel aswell !

We have meetings with Air Arabia's Training Dept. Captains twice or more per month up here & where we discuss our training & give them some feedback about us (from a Trainees View), as far as I can say, Air Arabia is serious about us ;) and are working side-by-side with Alpha & the GCAA to make it one of the most successful Programs...don't forget the fact that Air Arabia owns 51% of the academy (which means if they don't employ us, they are loosing from the other pocket).

For your second Question, we have raised it to the HOT, he told us clearly that it might take from 4 to 6 months for us & the Coming Batches, and would start decreasing as the number of Airplanes & line training Captains increase (looking at about 10 extra Captains by Sept alone) we will be graduating sometime around Sept (just after Eid)

Thanks for the Thumbs Up & Blessings :ok:

captain.weird
14th Aug 2011, 22:53
And guys, how is it doing there at AAA? Are the first graduators already in line training?

Cheers up!

drc_10
15th Aug 2011, 15:57
Hi all,

Just by way of an update, I have learned recently that the Core Flying phase (70 hours) of future courses will be carried out exclusively in Australia. Also, it appears like as a result of this the course length is likely to be reduced by a couple of months...

malirm
15th Aug 2011, 23:58
There are alots of changes & updates in Alpha, one of them is the Core flying in Australia, plus some updates to MCC training & the overall reduction in the training period with a better training standard.

As for batch 1, we have just started our final A320 Sim check (Skill Test), by the end of the week, batch 1 will be finally A320 Type Rated & ready to go online in Sept. will be updating you shortly when I am back in Sharjah next week. :ok:

captain.weird
17th Aug 2011, 00:48
Hope to hear from you (guys) soon!

risk
17th Aug 2011, 03:56
Marlim,

Been counting on your valubale updates. Want to know everything before I resign from my FO-equal job & sign my life over to AAA.

On a less professional note "MY FUTURE DEPENDS ON YOU, LOL" :\

Looking forward to your updates!

malirm
17th Aug 2011, 04:19
Well, now I have the time to talk & after becoming an A320 Type Rated Pilot :ugh: ... here are the lated update:

1. Training in Australia is running nicely & professionally with AAPA, it was said that 2 months & one week is the planned training period for my colleagues down there, google it! here are some links:

Australian Airline Pilot Academy (http://www.aapa.net.au/index.html)

AAPA begins MPL training with UAE cadets | Australian Aviation Magazine (http://australianaviation.com.au/2011/08/aapa-begins-mpl-training-with-uae-cadets/)

2. The Second batch of MPL cadets will be finishing their MCC course in a few days & start their A320 stuff sometime next month & Batch 3 will start end of this month their MCC.

3. I GUESS there are 3 batches in the Ground school by now.

4. Batch One is already A320 Type Rated as of today, they still have 3 things to go, that are:

- Zero Flight Time Training (ZFT) to prepare us for the 6 TOs & Landings (which is Tomorrow) simple touch & goes on the Simulator ;)

- 6 TOs & Landings (3 days to finish all 9...3 per day)

- English ICAO test (done in 1 hr)

All will be done sometime before Sept OR by first week of Sept, SERIOUSLY, we need a break !

@ Risk, here is some exclusive news for you, in order for Alpha to help its MPL cadets out & just incase if Air Arabia is congested with Second Officers (end of 2012), they are making some arrangements with some airlines (can't mention them) to line train them & probably send them back to Air Arabia :)

@ Capt Weird, thanks for the post, we will definitely keep you updated :ok:

captain.weird
18th Aug 2011, 21:24
Ahh great news malirm! You are saying that Air Arabia is going to be congested in 2012 with Second Officers. Isn't that a reason to be concerned about? The training isn't really cheap, but we say okay to that, we will pay, but we want the job. If they are (really) going to be congested with Second Officers, where will they fly then with their MPL's? You say that Alpha is talking with (some) other airlines to send their students to them for the line training, do you think that these airlines will take these students and offer them a jobcontract, or will Air Arabia take these students over after the line training and offer them a jobcontract, or will they sit home?

Thanks for the updates! I'm asking myself what newcadet is doing, he is a very helpfull guy too!

drc_10
22nd Aug 2011, 05:24
Hello,

Does anyone know when the next batch at AAA may be starting?

Thanks in advance.

risk
22nd Aug 2011, 05:48
Marlim:

I believe Captain.weird has already perfectly captured the question that came into my mind when I saw your post... Your mention of the word 'congested' suggests that AA is not prepared or rather will be unreceptive (more scary) to future cadets as they will reach saturation. On the other hand it also shows that AAA's MPL program is a success :D but that is just my political side talking... Truth is, it is a bit disconcerting to see that there will be 'congestion'. I like your use of the word though. It makes it sounds like, yes there will be a slight delay, but you'll make it through.... and rightfully so, it seems that they are on the right track in talking to other airlines. What needs to be looked at is if these airlines actually absorb these cadets instead of Air Arabia & that would be great... I don't need to explain why now do I...

Well all in all, every post of yours shines another ray of hope...

drc_10

As per my last chat with Mr. Peter from AAA the next batch was to start in Nov/Dec. There is a new batch every 4 months...

drc_10
22nd Aug 2011, 07:47
Thank you Risk - that's helpful to know.

malirm
23rd Aug 2011, 21:23
Guys, I used the word Congested, as I really mean it, you are talking about over 60 SOs in one airline!!! the reason for talking to other airlines is that our Head Of Training (HOT) (one of the greatest Captains I have ever met), doesn't want anyone to wait or get delayed, we are talking about a week to 2 weeks off between each training phases (nowadays), not like what happened to us, stayed 7 months at home after ground school, then another 2 months after flying, then another 3 months after MCC...this is now HISTORY, and in order for Alpha to keep its word :ugh: and not do the same mistake that it did with us (Air Arabia were a little concerned about how the training flows), they are suggesting that SOME of the batches (Late batched) could line train with A320 operators & then come back to Air Arabia as FOs ;) the latest is that Fly Dubai has reduced its requirements for hiring Pilots, will or has already opened their Cadet Pilot Program AND Etihad's Terminal 3 is already small for the Airline, away from Qatar Airways & Emirates !!!

Guess what...I heard it on Sunday, A great pilot shortage is expected in the coming few months with the A320, 737 & 787 deliveries in the region...I was discussing it with a couple of Captains & FOs here & there, it is really strange to realise that now :confused:

Talking about Scary, well, its true, from the time I decided to get into Pilot training, it was all about RISK, but I weighed CPL/IR + a Type Rating & Flight time on A320 with MPL, I say MPL will have better chances nowadays...especially if we (the first batches) do good ;)

RISK, to be honest, most probably with that Pilot shortage, I guess a fresh CPL/IR graduate will be getting a job on Jets :ok:

Please guys don't think I am marketing for Alpha or Air Arabia, I am just providing you with what I believe & what I experienced & heard ;)

captain.weird
23rd Aug 2011, 23:59
Ahh thanks malirm for your post! That clears everything. So Air Arabia can't train all those S/O's in one time, so they have to spread them over a few airliners for their linetraining, whereafter they can join the Air Arabia club. Nice to hear! I'm just waiting now my time just to see how you guys (the first batches) are dealing with this. Are you guys going to get the job or will they refuse it. It's very exciting.

When will you start linetraining?

Goodluck with it!

FlyDubai doesn't have any cadet pilot programme dude.

risk
24th Aug 2011, 08:06
I understood your use of the word but was concerned 'AT' its use. Yes, having a heap of SO(s) is obviously not ideal, but then so is having a heap of FO(s) not ideal. What I mean to say is, AA will say 'enough' sooner or later.

Anyway, I guess time will tell.... But yeah, very sorry to hear that you had to spend all that time at home...

About Fly Dubai, firstly, FD does not have A320(s), they have B737(s), so I don't reckon they would accept A320 MPL graduates... or at least I don't think the syllabus would allow that & neither would the GCAA. Secondly, FD takes their pilots from CTC & they do not have a cadet program. Yes Etihad is growing bigger & its pants are getting tighter, but they only want braded clothes (experienced flyers), won't take Karama stuff (new flyers) ;)...

About the pilot shortage, let me give you an 'insiders-insight' :E, so let's compare ALTEON (Boeing's training division) forecast, Boeing's forecast in 2010 & then again in 2011

ALTEON in 2008: Middle-east: 17,500

BOEING in 2010 (Source: Flight International, 21/09/10): Boeing forecasts a global need for 448,000 new airline pilots to enter the industry over the next 20 years.... .....the Middle East 23,000.

BOEING in 2011 (Source: Le Bourget, France, 22/06/11, PRNewswire): The Boeing outlook indicates that by 2030 the aviation industry will require 460,000 new commercial airline pilots..... .....Middle East will require 36,600 pilots.

So as you can see, the forecast of Boeing is increasing incrementally. In fact I was as at a Boeing's symposium recently in Seattle, US & the last topic on day 2 was about how airlines should address the global shortage of pilots.

Don’t worry Marlim, we know you aren't marketing for them, that’s why the trust bro!

malirm
25th Aug 2011, 18:35
I understand that MPL currently applies to A320, but, you can apply the changes to the last bit of the training Phase of the MPL to meet the Type Rating for ANY jet, Fly Dubai had a visit to our academy long time back, as per Mr Peters, I can't say anything about what Etihad & Emirates what will they be doing to fill their Cockpits, but I know & I am sure about it, Etihad is preparing to accept MPL once they see the outcome of Alpha, that is a confirmed news & I have an email about it from them ;)

In the middle of this Pilot shortage, where airlines in this region are feeling/noticing it badly...I guess all experienced pilots will go for well paying airlines & run away from Air Arabia, Al Jazeera & all these small airlines (comparatively) thus, giving us more space, still, we are in a flexible ground, maybe alpha won't need to line train the MPLers out & keep them for Air Arabia...

The Pilot Training Business is rolling now, trust me, if an airline comes with a suggession to Alpha to train MPLer for another type of aircraft, they will come out with it ;)

As for the line training, I have been asked to submit copies of some of my training documents to Air Arabia to arrange for us the line training, guess Sept is a date :ok: as far as I know, we will start observing flights 8 sectors or so, then PNF for 8 sectors, then PF, as far as I heard from here & there, but what I know & have seen, Air Arabia has one of the best line training Syllabus in the region :)

Hope that I can update you soon, when/where ever possible !!!

Thanks for the trust :ok:

Oh, BTW, Fly Dubai will be taking the Emirates Emarati cadets for a couple of hours before they are released to Emirates, plus, Emirates Aviation College has opened its flight training to non-Emaratis for 600,000 AED, here's the link !

Emirates Aviation College - Training Courses (http://www.emiratesaviationcollege.com/training.aspx)

Guess what...600,000 AED they call it Ab-Initio, but don't really mention ANYTHING about type rating or about the later stages, but it mentions in the FAQs that there are no Job Guarantees with Emirates, Fly Dubai or any other airline !!! Thanks for making life easier for Mr. Peters & Alpha :p

risk
29th Aug 2011, 03:56
Another 'insider’s insight':

ALL, yes, ALL, major airlines in this region are contemplating MPL seriously. Since I am employed I can't name & say it directly (you all know of the previous incident of Etihad & PPRUNE), but TRUST me, Marlim is right.

....and if any traditionalist PILOT tells you otherwise, tell him to get a medical done :p because such decisions are not made by flying pilots. They are made by pilots sitting in cushy chairs & big offices who have a better outlook of the problem & have calm heads & have already overcome their frustrations in life.... and in some cases they are made by non-pilots! PLUS, airlines are airlines, because they want to make money, that’s it! So the faster they can get their 'workers' the better for them...

I know this might sound a bit demeaning to pilots, but that is the reality. I am too a 'worker' we all are...

Anyhow, basically, MPL, MPL, MPL!

About the EAC course… Again, no comments ;) but they will only run the course if the minimum number of students sign up... there is no affiliation to any airline (even though EAC is owned by EK). You get a fATPL & the other CPL/IR stuff...

About AAA:

So Marlim, your date is in September & by when do you expect to be a fully-fledged FO in AA? I want to calculate the exact time I will be out of a (GREAT PAYING) job & riding a bicycle TILL I start earning again...

When is the next batch going into this 8 sectors stage?

malirm
30th Aug 2011, 00:00
Thanks for the Latest news :)

As for our training, all of us (The First Batch & HOT agreed to get 2 Weeks Off as the last Vacation) before the 12 Take Offs & Landings then an immediate line training, as I said, Air Arabia has already got the required documents to start preparing for our line training, I guess we will hear from them soon for a couple of courses.

By Mid of Sept around 15th, we will be ready to go to the line, before that we will be doing some courses with Air Arabia that include Safety, Dangerous Goods, Performance, A320 ground school exam agian (Air Arabia's Requirement) & First Aid training...etc.

By the end of Sept more line training Captains will be ready to take us, there are currently 20 Captains, I guess 5 or more are coming, this makes atleast 25% increase in production, I guess 3 to 4 months will be the period (it depends on the individual's Performance), its a busy month for Air Arabia, as more FOs are becoming Captains & more Captains are becoming TRI/Es & line training Captains...etc. :ok:

Once I get a time frame I will be providing it for you, but just for limiting the excitement, I can say, it will take 6 months for the First Batch ;) to be line trained...

risk
7th Sep 2011, 05:04
Right, so here we are in this country, some by birth & some because of a decision made by our parents & some by our own accords. A lot of us or our parents made that decision for a variety of reasons, but I reckon the most prominent of them all is finances.

So here we are (repeat)... because we can earn more than in our own countries. General rule of a place that you live in, including a small village, is that you become one of them. In fact that is a famous saying in Arabic & the stay period in the saying is a mere 40 days. Here, you are always a passenger... My point is that we have one & only aim, money, which will eventually lead us to good life (yes we forget that religion could do the same...but that is another discussion).

So my parents, well actually my dad (I come from a very traditional family) started to work at the age of 7, that too as a labourer... today he has kids that are highly educated in western countries & he still maintained his responsibilities as a traditional person (this part can only be understood by people who know).

All in all, he made something out of us, if not of himself, so that today we can sit on a cushy chair & reap the benefits of his hard work...

Sorry I am drifting, back to the point...

Today, I sit on that cushy chair, making him proud; giving him the feeling of security that I am there to back him up if need be.... but inside my very calm exterior is a brewing storm. I want to put everything that he worked hard for & I have accomplished on the line for a fluttering hope... to fly.

There are absolutely no guarantees that I will be lucky as the first time & i will lose everything... & like I started my post with... I will lose the reason why we are in this country... & my parents’ hard work...

If I was say in a western country... I would possibly have been naturalized within five years & if I had to take this risk at least there would be support for me... but not here. We are on our own.

Now I open this page every day, hoping that someone I know by the name of Marlim would post something that would be so amazingly eye opening that it would answer all my questions...like a God sent answer... Don’t get me wrong, Marlim is the MOST useful person on this forum; his posts are invaluable! But what I am referring to is those questions that you normally will ask God... "Is this right for me?., Will I make it?, If I make this decision will I work for a major airline in about 5 years?"

Anyhow, I don’t know why I am writing all this, but I guess I have been looking at this page & didn’t see anything change... so wanted to see a new post, even if it’s my own...

In essence, if any of you out there want to fly, DO IT EARLY! Don’t wait like me.... I wanted to make others happy, but what I have realised is that those people who you are trying to make happy by doing things they want..... Are actually asking you to do those things because they think that doing that will make you happy... see the circle??

So make yourself happy & they will become happy when they see you happy... just don’t go overboard... you know what I mean... don’t apply this rule to everything in life.... but to a few that are definite.

Signing off...

malirm
7th Sep 2011, 21:23
What a great post, this is reality for 99.99% of all expats here!!! I also open this page every now & then & find out there are no posts... :{

I have a very small update, the title is "Contract with Air Arabia", we finally got the chance to get a look on our contracts with Arabia, it is a SO training Contract that mentions a FO contract at the end of the training (Depending on your performance & the company requirements...both are covered with god's will)...the only problem with that contract is the BIG/HUGE Financial Guarantees from the Cadet's side...which is DANGEROUS after paying the whole 440K paid for the MPL, I won't mention/add anything about/to the contract as of this moment, there is alot going on between Alpha/Air Arabia for the first Batch (probably the next batches), as they know that we are financially exhausted, Mid Sept is closing up, we will have congested weeks ahead, prayers please :)

Risk, please don't give up on your dream, I had a stormy 3 years of my life, but reading a contract that has my name on it...gave me the best ever feeling of my career trajectory :ok: I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED...Probably fireworks next week ;)

captain.weird
7th Sep 2011, 22:18
Haha risk and malirm! Me too! I'm everyday lookin' if this topic is bumped up in the middle east section.

Risk: I totally understand you bro! Just go for your dream! Are you already an airline pilot or do you want to become one!

Malirm: wish you all the best dude! I'm now a student studying at a regular university.. I really want to make it as an airline pilot, but I'm really scared of all those stories.. If I think that I can't get a job, I would be totally screwed!!

risk
8th Sep 2011, 09:55
Thanks for the support guys...

Marlim, I must ask you of these financial implications you spoke about... That is if you can say or at least PM me...

Secondly, the next batch is starting in Dec/Jan 2011/2012... plus I reckon that you guys will be flying by 15th....yaaaaay!

AAA has about 80 students & I believe AA requires 139 pilots by 2015... so still some space...

The official course length is now 14 months which is good... and I believe just this month about 5 pilots handed in their resignations...

SOOO, not so bad aye?

Captain Weird; I did what you are doing... I went to a f*@#ing (f*@#ing) university instead of a flying school and became an ENGINEER.... which is great... but guess what... I can DESIGN aircraft... I can MAINTAIN aircraft, I can disassemble & assemble an aircraft... but what is the best part of aviation... FLYING... and guess what.... I can't fly... yes I CAN'T fly with my degree... it is surely getting me big monies, but that stupid worm up my backside is still bothering me & biting me every time I sit down & tell me to get up & fly!

Plus, I am a GEEK... so the fun part of an Engineering degree is designing... and guess what... given my nationality & my religion and so on... I can’t get a job in that sector because all those jobs are either in the US of the EU... both of which are IMPOSSIBLE to enter directly purely on the basis of your knowledge... so at the end I am stuck in the APU exhaust :)

So back to the point, if flying is what you really want, do it NOW or forever remain silent...... or you will end up like me a talkative old man :)

Anyhow, 0.5 million Dirhams is a lot & not easy to come up with... so I guess it really boils down to that doesn't it...

Trust me as time goes by, Pilots jobs will increase & demand will too... within the next 5 years will be a great time to be a pilot...

I will get back to work now ;)

malirm
8th Sep 2011, 17:10
Okay...back to Business, Tomorrow (Friday) & Friday the Next for those guys who still didn't arrive from vacation, Alpha's MPL's First Batch will have the practical SEP...i.e. jumping from a fuselage shaped structure to a swimming pool & learn how to survive...etc.

More to come next week...:ok:

malirm
10th Sep 2011, 23:38
Back from an interesting day at Emirates Crew Training College, with a lots of confidence about how to handle Evacs & Safety Equipment...etc. :)

As for the Base Training & Line Training, most probably we will hear from GCAA soon about certifying doing the 12 TAGs in non Air Arabia A320s (I know it is a little late for that), which is going to be done in Amman ;) ...most probably certification will be next week & Base training next week too. As for the line training, we can't start it until we get the licenses, so, Observation flights are expected to start & keep on running until the Licenses are issued, probably some PAs & RTs can be trained (en-route Orientation or something like that) :ok:

That is the latest, I guess next week will be interesting ;)

risk
11th Sep 2011, 04:32
This surely sounds intresting...

I can't even comprehend your feelings right now; knowing you are so close to turning your dream into a reality :)

HOPE TO SEE YOU IN JANUARY... RISK contemplating risking it all...:ooh:

malirm
11th Sep 2011, 23:15
LOL, Will see you hopefully on Jan...:ok:

risk
15th Sep 2011, 04:53
Today is the 15th.... any news?

malirm
15th Sep 2011, 06:18
Will be Signing the Contract with Air Arabia soon...

Base Training is next week, mean while we were having Lots of Obs Flights all around Air Arabia Routes...GREAT CREW, very helpful & so full of joy, its a nice Family :D ... So we are kept busy like that...Guys (who are close to me here), please PM me if you have more questions about anyhing...I can't just post everything here :ok:

risk
16th Sep 2011, 12:49
Ture, it is a gamble & a hustle... but as with all aspiring pilots, we tend to ignore everything & risk it all...

Marlim has been positive about it even after quite a hecic & long time spent there... since you are a relatively newer batch & quite frustrated, do you feel that Air Arabia might not take you guys?

My question arises from the fact that AAA has about 80 students with them now. Anyone joining now will have 80 people before them in the queue, so I want to know if it is indeed a bad decision to join now.

I dont want to pay 600,000 Dirhams & end up with nothing...

malirm
17th Sep 2011, 11:13
First of all, Khayat is a good friend of mine, I was in contact with him yesterday & amazingly...he doesn't know PPRuNe! he was shocked by the fact that there is somebody using his name, please who ever you are, don't use anybody's name...I will check with Alpha if there is another Khayat in the Academy which is 0.01% chance, If I were you, I would use another nickname. :ugh:

About the Contract/Risks...etc. I was shocked to know that we will have to pay such an amount to Air Arabia after spending 440K in Alpha...well, I have compared it to other CPL/IR + TR + Line training options from Eagle Jet, it lies somewhere around 120K, then Obviously if you join an Airline, they are going to pay you less for sometime under a Temporary Contract...etc. while at the end of my MPL (Away from the Training techniques/equipment compared to CPL), I got a contract without me hustling here & there...to be honest, going the CPL/IR way to me was like a disaster looking at the chances I have, specially looking at my friends & instructors who were waiting for that shot that I already HAVE.

At the end of the day, You can spend 600K for getting into a Job or upto 600k for a CPL/IR + TR...I took the first option, here I am, I have been Lied to/Delayed/Sent away from home to get my training done/was not sure of my future...etc. I say again here I am, I got a JOB & well respected amongst my CPL/IR & ATPL holder friends...good luck with choosing :ok:

risk
18th Sep 2011, 05:27
Thanks Marlim for clarifying that...

yannisfr
18th Sep 2011, 16:19
malirm is in the first batch, but unfortunately khayat is right and do not forget something: all the ordered planes will not be added to the current fleet, but 1/2 will replace actual leased planes, so no job creation for half of the order. The situation will be ok for the first batches, but as air arabia do not have enough TRE/TRI captains, and they will struggle to get in these profiles, the next batches will be queueing for a while after the training completion.
Air arabia is trying to promote current FOs to capt position but they are not able to be TRE/TRIs..... So the situation is risky for the last batches, lets say from batch 5 or 6 ongoing....
Once your inside, you're like an hostage, they can do anything they want, lie, rise the price, add fees on top of the ones you knew before, you will have no choice and they know that.... Nice business to play with people dreams, make a lot of money of it :E :}

malirm
18th Sep 2011, 17:28
Woooow, I guess that everybody wants to play it the PPRuNe way, Thanks Yannisfr :ok:

FAKE Khayat, I am here since 2008, it is a loosing battle, try another one, Alpha is a money making Business...Sure, Air Arabia is a money making low cost carrier...sure, are we victims, in a way YES, but in another way, I have secured a career in a Country that this kinds of careers go for highly experienced Pros, looking at myself 10 years from now...would I regret it :confused: lets see...

The School of mind starts again, you can take my words, FAKE Khayat's words or Yannisfr's (Yannos) or anybody else's, people ask me for updates, I post them, whether good or bad, would I say Alpha is bad...would I say Air Arabia is bad...well, I guess it is all about MPL, as I always said..WAIT & SEE...

Best of luck in choosing, from now on, I will be posting updates about my status & how my MPL training progresses, nobody asks me about recommending anything as I will let FAKE Khayat take over providing you all about alpha updates :ok: whoever you are, I wonder how would you deal with any delays/miss understandings later on in the few coming Months/YEARS of your training ;) wish you the best my Aviation Mate !

drc_10
18th Sep 2011, 17:59
Interestingly, all posts by Khayat (or whoever they are) seem to have disappeared from this thread... Hmm...

Malirm, I would like to echo some of the previous comments in this thread that your posts have been the most helpful. Please keep sharing, as I am sure quite a few aspirants like me are looking out incessantly for updates in the hope that this would continue to bolster our confidence in AAA and the MPL.

Thanks and good luck.

risk
19th Sep 2011, 03:47
I don't know YOU! Yes, YOU, the reader, the poster & the observer...

BUT I know something... which is that I come here for hope, help & hints.... yes subconsciously I do also come here for negative thoughts because we are all adults & need to decide for ourselves & that won’t happen till we know both sides however bolstered they are.

So my ADVISE to all is that you can post whatever you want & read whatever you want, the question boils down to a these simple facts:

POSTER: Do you want to tell the truth, your feelings & the actual facts, or do you want to dramatize it? This can end up in other people getting hurt. If you post extremely positive when it is not the case, someone will end up investing their life in this & end up with nothing, or the opposite wherein you post something negative when it really is not (it might just be a bump) & someone might not do what they always wanted to do & still end up losing a dream. Which by the way is equal to losing hope & that is equal to losing your life….

READER: Read, just read & evaluate everything, then PLEASE GET OFF YOUR LAZY backsides & go do some research on your own, make your OWN conclusions & filter out the unwanted… ask an expert.. Don’t just believe everything online… that goes true for EVERY website on the internet…

To conclude, lets not argue, let everyone post what they want & it is our responsibility to correct any incorrect information & if there still is something that we can’t do, then it is up to the individual reader to decide whether what they are reading is right or not. I mean at the end of the day the readers of this thread are aspiring/potential pilots, so then they should have the judgemental capabilities to differentiate between right & wrong.

malirm
19th Sep 2011, 10:03
@ DRC, thanks mate, I hope I can help without forming a propaganda against or for the advantage of Alpha or Air Arabia, its up to the READER to decide.

@ Risk...I agree :ok:

As for the base training, Alpha & Air Arabia are sorting it out with GCAA (obviously) + other Country's CAA, as the deal was to make the 12 TOs & Landings in Air Arabia A320s (as known), but, Air Arabia & hence Alpha decided to do it with another airline in an Arab Country for the sake of Saving Air Arabia's A320s from a total of 108 Touch & Gos (Wear & Tear + Costs + Availability of Aircrafts) ...thus GCAA has decided to make an Audit of that Arab Airline & the status of its A320, & Training Captains...etc.

Everything is under process currently, I guess the deal will be, That Arab Airline Captain will be setting to the Left seat, while An A320 TRE from Air Arabia is Observing us (sitting on the Jump Seat) as nobody would let other pilots to fly their airplanes...still, we might hear from them anytime sooner or Later, it also depends on the availability of that Arab Airline A320...

This is what being Batch one feels/is like, you just wait for deals & legal stuff to happen :zzz: & hope for the best :O

You (The READER) judge it...good news or bad news...to me, I'm used to the delays :cool: This doesn't mean Alpha/Air Arabia/GCAA are bad OR Great...I am updating you (Reader) & you decide for yourself the best option !

risk
26th Sep 2011, 14:31
Ye who hath held thine silence, do cometh from yonder & quoth unto us all but a few words of hope!

drc_10
1st Nov 2011, 13:07
Any updates? Anyone?? Hope this meagre post would lead into breaking the silence and remind active posters that there are people like myself who are still tracking this thread in the hope to hear some news...

Thanks.

malirm
5th Nov 2011, 23:49
First of all, I wish you a Happy Eid...

I will be updating you sometime by Mid/End Nov. 2011 :ok:

There is some good news...nothing bad for now except for the waiting :zzz: a good break to study & enjoy...:cool:

Sky81
9th Nov 2011, 06:58
I thought that you're gone and let my dream ceased :{
Hohoo .. so Glad to hear from malirm :cool:
I am still on my original mission "collecting the bucks" :ugh:

HapPy Eid too, trust you've had a bless one !!! :)

aakhan
11th Nov 2011, 15:24
Marlim, since I am considering joining the aviation industry, I would like to know, from you, how many students from batch 1 have been able to graduate to the line training stage?

What happens to those that gradate but are not able to to secure a job with Air Arabia. What value does the MPL have? There will be no takers for cadets with only 70 hours of flying and a few hours of IR rating.

Should then going for the CPL route not be a better option than MPL?

aryansat13
11th Nov 2011, 17:24
HI I am 30 year old from India ,I am deciding to join alpha for MPL .. could some one help me with information what will be the future of students joining next year will air Arabia take us into the airline as SO or we just have to settle with only a MPL

aakhan
18th Nov 2011, 19:03
Marlim sill waiting to get to know how many cadets expect to graduate from your bach. It is a fast paced training then why is the entrance exam so simple that anyone can qualify. My friend tells me that the entrance to Alpha is a cake walk and does not reflect in any way the intense training one is put through. So, I am curious to know how many cadets will eventualy reach the final stage after investing huge amount of money.

malirm
15th Dec 2011, 00:10
Ok guys...Finally...The great news...Base Training has started...more news to come hopefully end of next week :ok:

I would probably post again when I have the License in-hand ;)

captain.weird
16th Dec 2011, 08:26
Go malirm go!

Don't forget us!!

aakhan
19th Dec 2011, 12:22
Marlim still waiting to know how many cadets expect to graduate from your batch. What is the success ratio? How many drop out at ground school and how many are removed at a later stage after investing huge amount of money. You can throw some light on the outcome of cadets from batch first and second. Your answer will help many future cadets to make their mind before joining Alpha.

Left Wing
21st Dec 2011, 07:55
Alpha Aviation Group | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alpha-Aviation-Group/185481661545447)

kingriser
24th Dec 2011, 00:16
@ malirm.

How is it that you are not able to get your pass ? :uhoh:

malirm
24th Dec 2011, 12:52
@ Aakhan,

I would rather contact Alpha for such questions, as I don't really know about what's happening between batches in ground school...as far as my batch is concerned, all 100% signed the contracts with Air Arabia & are doing our final stage of MPL (Base Training), please research about the MPL/CPL differences...you can browse my previous posts instead of waiting :ok:

@ Captain.Weired,

Thanks... ;)

More Good News to come for next week, 4 of us are done already...5 to go, I guess it'll take 2 more weeks ;)

aakhan
25th Dec 2011, 11:32
I too think Malirm is misleading the innocent future cadets. Maybe he has been assured employment with Air Arabia. According to your previous posts you have mentioned that you joined in the second batch which started with 6 cadets and ended up with 2 as others failed to keep up. Is this good success ratio. You havent completed your training in these years which Alpha claim is completed in just eighteen months.

malirm
25th Dec 2011, 11:44
I understand all of that Granpa, but please don't even talk about AAA of Sharjah, you DON'T Know anything in there, flight line will be closed in Sharjah not because of GCAA, its because of the Airport, the airport is busy & is only less than 20 NM away from Dubai, this makes it really hard for the guys to fly without getting stressed & let almost over a Dozen to fly per day...etc. I can tell you that it is really CROWDED out there the smallest Jet is an A320 in the skies of UAE almost 90% of the time, you've got A330s, 340s, 380s, 777s & 737s flying all around the small Dubai Airspace !

The Flying was shifted to Australia, with AAPA in Wagga, already some cadets came back for MCC from there while others have left to Wagga, Batch 1 is doing the base training, while batch 2 & 3 are in the Type Rating...Another Batch is starting in Jan, I have spent 2.5 years being told I will be done in 12 months, where does that put me...don't just take revenge from AAA UAE because of AAG Philippines !

Now, please tell me, what is the hidden 99%...please tell me...delays (Aviation is full of delays...starting with Aircraft manufacturers ;) )?

Guys, it is your soul decision to join or not join AAG, please wait for a couple of Batches to Graduate & work before you join...check the product at the end of the line...then decide

malirm
25th Dec 2011, 11:59
We started with 6, 1 has left to join later after struggling to shift his house & study in the same time, 1 have had difficulties with the ground school (but was done after 9 months), 1 have had Financial troubles as he suddenly (his family) lost all of their money somewhere, 2 have joined late & had to spend 7 more weeks to cover what the 2 of us had to cover (more ground school subjects).

Batch One were done in Oct 2009 from Ground School, we (the 2) were done from Ground School in Jan 2011, 7 of the 9 in Batch One accepted to fly in Clark, this made Alpha to come & ask us (batch 2) to cover the 2 empty slots, accordingly we became batch 1, while the other guys became batch 2 ;)

You guys should contact guys from the other batches...there's a big difference between the guy watching the match on TV & the guys who are PLAYING the match...

aakhan
25th Dec 2011, 18:52
Malirm you are doing an excellent job in supporting Alpha all the way. According to your earlier posts your batch of six was reduced to two as others failed to keep up. Now you are covering up by giving frivilous reasons. The ground school modules are same for everyone so why will you do extra subjects, everyone would make full financial arrangements before starting the training and nor would one shift house in the middle of their training. The reason is simple Alpha has got rid of them. Come out with facts and be honest. What is the success ratio.

malirm
25th Dec 2011, 22:27
It seems that whatever I say, it doesn't matter, anyways, I'll see where it'll go with you :confused: whether you like what I'm saying or not...I myself was going to dropout because of shifting problems too...Finally I found a house in Ajman, rented it for 12 months, but used it for 6 months only, then I had to leave to the Philippines & loose the other 6 months rent costs...about 2500 USD !!! would you like me to swear on alpha? I spent 3 months waiting for my MCC training...would you like me to swear on the GCAA? and another 3 months for the Type Rating...and now for another 4 months for the 12 Take Offs & Landings...would you like me to Cry...REPUTATION is what pays me back, not nagging & Swearing...;)

Here you go, the ground school is similar for everyone 6 to 7 months & maybe more if you Have Ramadan, Eid & other National Holidays, here's the explanation :ok: :

You Have 3 Modules in the Ground School called Module 1, Module 2 & Module 3 and it doesn't matter whether you start with Module 1 or Module 2 or Module 3:

In order to keep the batches running, my Batch started with Module 1 (we were 4, then became 2 in less than a week from the start date), while the new joiners have joined us in Module 2 (Another 2 Guys), so for Batch 2A (me & my friend) Module 1 & 2 were done, and we have module 3 left...while Batch 2B (done with Mod 2 & 3) had Module 1 to go :ok: so, they had to spend about 2.5 months in ground school & so on for the other Batches, this then changed I guess from batch 5, where there is no intersections/overlapping between batches...unless if some people had failed in the Module...they had to join the new comers again...etc.

As far as I can tell you "aakhan", you can ask Alpha or GCAA for clear number of "Success Ratios" (by law they must be truthful) as most of the dropouts happen in the ground school & I don't have a track of that, plus, the fact that some batches have merged...etc. but for the Batches that I know 1, 2 & 3 (probably some of the 4)...1 is 100% success, 2 until the moment is 100% success & 3 had only one who have dropped out from the core flying as I heard he had some difficulties...he started good, then nobody knows what happened...as far as I heard, he was unsafe to go solo...I don't know if the Psycho-motor test would have shown it :confused: he had the skills, but...Solo phobic...I don't want to judge or give a bad impression about him, if he's reading...let him answer by himself !

At the end of the day aakhan, if you have the Numbers...let me know...it is none of my business to support any side, as far as I see it, AAG have screwed up in a lots of places at the beginning...I confess that batch 1 was like Lab Rat/Mouse, but would I regret it?...would you regret it ?

risk
27th Dec 2011, 08:47
I have been reading this thread; more like an 'overlord' but with a secret hope of finding my own salvation...

From what I see, read, hear & asked...and BTW that includes, AAAirline, AAAcademy, GCAA & a two of the major AAAAirlines here (sorry had to add the 'AAA' because every other word had it)....I have come to the conclusion that has been said many times before, here on this site & in life.... DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!

MPL is new, new is risky
PPL/CPL is old, old is not fast, not fast is risky (except on the roads)
AAAirline is an LCC, LLC(s) are risky
AAG is at the end of the day a business, money making is risky
PPRuNE is a rumour network, rumours are risky
.... I think you get the point...

Basically, at the end of the day it all boils down to the RISK you want to take in life & how much will you put on the line for it. So the least risky options are, in order of ascending RISK level:

//1// Keep the job you have & just get a PPL to satisfy the pigeon inside you
//2// If you are young, go get a degree in something you fancy & make your parents proud (and broke)
//3// Wait for initial batches to complete their 80 sectors & see what happens to them & the following batches
//4// GO FOR IT, but DON’T think twice (saves you some neurons for studying)
//5// Jump off a cliff & flap your arms hoping you can fly, no PPL/CPL/MPL & brains required for this, BUT do take a parachute & safety gear & a BASE jumping licence or else it will surely end up in your soul flying up to the heavens. Oh and BTW do not try this at home; apart from the safety factor, YOU DON’T HAVE A CLIFF AT HOME (unless you are Tarzan).

Anyhow, weird literature aside, do your research PROPERLY & decide for yourself. Reading this site is considered research, but bickering on it is NOT. Visit the school, the GCAA & if possible the airlines & ask questions.

Best of luck to us all… we need it…. right after the money ;)

malirm
27th Dec 2011, 10:59
I 2nd say what he said...Specially the WAIT part :)

Duboy
29th Dec 2011, 21:08
A GCAA inital license is not worth 5 dhs like alone 500,000 or whatever the final figure is now for alpha. This stands be it ppl/cpl/mpl.

Anyone who has a serious interest in flying for food should take there monies to a reputable school which has not only graduated students but got them into full time paid employment as well.

Marlim and the rest are now pot comitted and have no choice but to stick with alpha and the route it takes them.

The real question however is not will these unfortunate few get into AA before the retirement age but will they be able to comtinue a career from there. One would assume flying through the night into third world countries is not where they want to spend the rest of there years.

Masif Eego
30th Dec 2011, 07:50
@malirm

go back to post 21.....was I right ??

:ok:

malirm
31st Dec 2011, 07:16
@ Duboy

Great Answer...Keep in mind, these 3rd world Countries are now richer than any EU or North American Countries you can think of (Hence, it's GCAAs), don't you ever speak about this, they call it Respect...Being committed is the part of the deal my dear, I Got a Job before I even graduate...:ok:

@ Masif

You are Totally Wrong...MPLers are Falcons ;) but thanks for keeping up :)

Happy New Year Guys...enjoy it...As I & my colleagues will do :ok:

Duboy & Masif...I understand your views...all the PPRuNers do need it as much as I do...please, if you have intel/info that can screw me or proof me otherwise...or help the other guys, please go ahead...

I will be leaving this Thread in 2 weeks time for a long long time... TC :oh:

aakhan
1st Jan 2012, 17:52
Sure Malirm you will get employment with Air Arabria before you graduate after all you have put in a lot of energy in supporting Alpha. Good job you have done for Alpha. By the way what was the final figure you ended up paying Alpha? I am sure you will not tell the truth? A friend cadet from Alpha tells me that you pay Dh5000 for every subject you resit at ground school. A lot of fee is added as you go along. If a cadet is thrown at ground school then the loss is Dh 150,000 or more, if you are thrown at core flying stage you have lost Dh300,000 or more and if you are thrown at the final stage God alone help you because Alpha would have got all their money from you and then they dont care.

aakhan
2nd Jan 2012, 07:32
I agree with Taras B. I too would like to see the aviation community boycott the Alpha Aviation Group at Sharjah. It is indeed a money making business and the selection exam is of a low standard so that they can get the required number of cadets to fill up their seats and then once you are inside you are like a hostage. Fees are added on, cadets are removed in the name of keeping to their high standards and the cadets are made to sign one sided contracts which go in favour of Alpha.

malirm
2nd Jan 2012, 11:16
Serious Information to be honest, go now & check Horizon Flight Academy, Fujairah Flight School & Emirates Flying School by contacting GCAA, then come back here...(I DO NOT Imply that these flight schools have any problems...but since you want a bycott thingy...lets do you the fair way ;) )

The information I was given for closing down the flight line was for the favor of having more flights (congested skies) & the time reduction for the period of core flying (2 months instead of 5 or 6 months)...which sounds nice to the public, unfortunately...I hear something else now...Thanks Taras B, I hope AAG can proof otherwise :)

Aakhan, you are right about money making, but I guess that all Universities & Schools should also be fair & let me pass in the tests & exams, specially in getting my Masters in Physics !...because I am paying...:ok:

Aakhan, you are Right in asking for a Stronger/Higher selection criteria... I was around the Academy last week, I asked about the Selection process, they were using COMPASS as a part of the Selection process, we had Pilapt at our times...I don't know of it had become easier or Harder...never did a COMPASS test...but since AAG has people dropping out...they must make their analysis & accordingly improve the selection process...

Waiting for more info before I Graduate... :ok:

aakhan
3rd Jan 2012, 10:24
Malim you must be really desperate to get the Air Arabia employment thus you have written over 200 posts in this thread in support of Alpha. Dont worry now nobody will take you seriosly though in the past you have mis lead many innocent cadets into joining Alpha. There are no negative posts about any other aviation schools in this region but Alpha. Infact they have been kind in accomodating Alpha cadets who have been thrown out

aakhan
3rd Jan 2012, 10:58
It is not a cake walk getting admittion into a good university or an aviation academy which has a good success ratio. On the otherhand the selection criteria to Alpha is a joke and any sixth standard primary school child can clear it including the compass test. The reason is clear to fill up the vacant seats and make money. Four month into the training one sided contracts are given to the cadets to be signed which go in favour of Alpha and give them the upper hand. Cadets are then left with no choice but to sign. Then the process of elimination begins in the name of high standard .

malirm
3rd Jan 2012, 18:50
Nicely said :ok:

Bytheway...to all of those who are desperate to know...Alpha has its first 6 Cadets Out ;) (GCAA Licenses Received) 3 more to go next week for the First Batch to Officially Graduate :)

More to come next week...:ok:

captain.weird
3rd Jan 2012, 20:54
I've spoken to AAA people, Air Arabia people and I really thrust malirm on his replies and his stories. I really want to thank him!

Aakhan and the others, thank you very much for bashing this thread too! If you really want to hate and let people think that AAA is a dead group, you can have your choise and good luck with that.

- Yes AAA has to make money to stay alive
- Yes you have to pay a lot of money
- Yes you will get a qualified training
- Yes you will get your MPL license after the training
- You really have to fill in yourself your Yes of No for Air Arabia!

Air Arabia will take the cadets who got their licences and perform well. If you do your job, everything will be fine. If they need pilots they will pick up those from AAA. If all batches are flying with the airline and there are no qualified MPL cadets anymore, they will take 1500hr+ experienced FO's.

Just do your job.

If you are a bad pilot, you won't get hired by any airline, because all of them has a simulator screening. But if you perform only that day well and you get the magic YES and get the job, you will be jobless during your TR or/and Linetraining. You have to do all kind of tests..

Life has a lot of exams.. Learn that..

Malirm, please go with your news.. We are waiting for it!

Are you now with Air Arabia? Do you now have a contract?

aakhan
4th Jan 2012, 13:13
Stop using this thread to cover up for Alpha and misleading innocent cadets into joining Alpha. At the time of intake all kind of false verbal promises are made by Alpha. You are told that the success ratio is 100% and that each and everyone will get employment. This is how Alpha fill up their vacant seats by making tall promises. Six months later the cadets are given contracts to sign when they have no choice. Then after Alpha has got their money they start slowly throwing the cadets one by one. Batches are reduced from 10 to 4 then batches are merged like just now batch 1 and 2 have been merged and given the name of batch 1. Alpha and Marlim will then go on to say success ratio for batch 1 is 100%

malirm
4th Jan 2012, 17:19
Calm down guys...more news to come...Taras B & aakhan, I am not saying that you are wrong...or...even...Right !!! Same thing applies to me !

I am talking about something I have been through, I'm not recommending Alpha or any other flight school...

Alpha and Marlim will then go on to say success ratio for batch 1 is 100%

Aakhan, this 100% is a reality for Batch ONE & I say it again Batch O N E ;)

Batches can change...the same way in a University or College...what is the responsibility of a batch if a guy fails in his Semester...he has to do it again :{ !

Captain.Weird, thank you :) Batch One has the contract signed with Air Arabia, YES I am with Air Arabia...to confirm it...I have an Air Arabia ID with my Picture & Name on it ;)

Guys, what I can say is, Air Arabia & other airlines in the UAE, are thirsty for Pilots...probably, if the first few batches succeed, AAG won't worry about asking or Pegging airlines to come & get cadets...(Just some analysis)...but AAG must provide better answers (no doubt) to Aakhan & Taras B, why not even solutions :ok: I hope everything will be clarified for all of us once at least 20 guys graduate & get their JOBS from AAG UAE...fingers Crossed :)

aakhan
5th Jan 2012, 18:53
Malirm what was the final amount you ended paying Alpha. At every stage they charge extra. It must be easily more than Dh 500,000 that is if you intend to tell the truth. What is the amount you payed Air Arabia at the time of signing the contract DH 200,000 or more

malirm
6th Jan 2012, 15:40
Taras B

As Per ICAO, the MPL is restricted to the Airline until the Line Training is Over & an official letter is sent to the GCAA...nothing NEW :D

@ Aakhan

I Paid the 440,000 AED, they ended up paying me back for 3 meals a day in the Philippines plus transportation at some points & the same applied to Jordan (Intermediate & Advanced training).

I cannot speak about the Air Arabia exact amount, as I have signed a confidentiality paper as well, but I can tell you...its less than 50,000 AED :ok: that is for the Line Training ;)

More news to come in the coming few days :)

aakhan
7th Jan 2012, 15:00
This is exactly what I would like to confirm. The slightly challenged cadets are removed and there is no question of semester repeating as mentioned by Malirm. Cadets are removed at ground school stage and others at core flying. Three cadets from my batch out of 9 have been removed and we are only at MCC stage at Alpha and I cant sleep at night because it could my turn next at MCC stage. The batch of 9 will be reduced to 3 by the time we reach line training. The entrance to Alpha is made so easy that even a sixth standard primary school child can get in. Then they fill up their seats by giving false figures like 100% success.

captain.weird
7th Jan 2012, 16:17
Aakhan, in which batch are you? I would advise you that you don't have to be scared for failing for your license. Just work hard and you will win! If you are going to f*ck yourself like this you won't make it man. Just work hard and I hope a day you will be a pilot for Air Arabia too.

But a question, if a cadet is removed from the groundschool how much does he have to pay for his 'study'?

@Malirm, come on with the news!

aakhan
7th Jan 2012, 18:54
A cadet who is removed at ground school has payed Alpha Dh150.000 Cadets removed at core flying stage lost DH 300.OOO. My two friends at Australia were not even allowed to complete their 70 hours flying time for which they had paid. A one sided contract is given to the cadets to be signed when they are five months into their training. My request to all cadets wanting to join Alpha get hold of the contract before paying the first instalment

Dualinput
8th Jan 2012, 05:49
Excellent points everyone!
Just few more to add:
1. Just because you get into any training institute does not mean you will graduate. CPL/IR or MPL route, both will have failures and dropouts. All depends on how much hardwork one puts in.
2. From the limited experience that I have, I have seen its mostly the good ones who end up a job first!*
3. Comparing the CPL vs MPL, both have their advantages and disadvantages. With MPL you have an assessment guarantee with the partner airline. *Try getting an assessment with any airline with 200/250 hrs and a CPL/IR!!! On the other hand, MPL is expensive, type specific and has a risk of getting stuck, if not taken!

Keep working hard guys! This whole region needs tons of pilots!
Happy landings!
Google

aakhan
8th Jan 2012, 06:40
Training institutes should not make you sign a contract five months into the course where by cadets do not have any rights. Should the authorities paint a rosy picture by telling them that they have 100% success ratio and no drop outs when surely that is not the case. Should entrance to Alpha made easy so that they can fill up their places. Yes it should be brought to the notice of GCAA, ICAC AND WATS 2012

Dualinput
8th Jan 2012, 08:39
Not trying protect AAA here. Other institutes might be operating differently. Totally agree that aaa should change their operation should there be a better way of doing it.
However, there is NO way to assess true abilities of a cadet beforehand. One can do several assessments to reduce the failure rates later but there is no foolproof method! Pilot training is about focus, hard work, aptitude and attitude. Loss of any of these attributes will affect training, even if one did well in the assessments. So I beg to differ on that point of yours.

Moreover, ALL schools are there to make money! Sad but true! AAA no exception.

aakhan
9th Jan 2012, 10:28
I agree that there can be no fullproof method. Alpha has so many dropouts that shows that their selection process is faulty and made easy to fill vacant seats in Alpha. I srongly urge cadets that they should get hold of the contract before paying the first instalment.

BlueSky1
14th Jan 2012, 09:27
Alpha Aviation Academy has two issues to deal with...

1. they are a relatively new company, and just like any new company in the middle-east (also worldwide) they need a constant flow of students/work to survive, and

2. the MPL program is relatively new as compared to the traditional CPL/IR syllabus. So a lot of potential student pilots and their parents are hesitant to enrol into the known.

I can only imagine that the administration staff at Alpha are feeding their visitors some kind of BS about how good the program is, and regardless of the COMPASS scores, are putting "bums in seats" for the sake of AED 440 000.

If I was an Auditor looking into Alpha's recruitment methods, paperwork and history, I'm sure I would find a few students who should not have been there, but selected anyway, and who are now either struggling to make it through the course, or who are threading deep water.

aakhan
14th Jan 2012, 18:47
Alpha is not able to get enough sudents to fill up their seats and thus to help their intake have made entrance to Alpha easy. Secondly four months into the course they make cadets sign a contract where in cadets have no rights for refund if thrown out in the middle of their training. From my batch alone three cadets have been thrown. Smart Alpha has the date of joining mentioned in the contract though it was given and signed four months into the course.

BlueSky1
16th Jan 2012, 07:51
So considering that Alpha are struggling to get students, and that they have lowered their standards of assessment, I guess most of (if not all) the student candidates successfully get through the screening process. And if they don’t make it, then too bad. It’s a win-win for Alpha - they get rid of bad students, and keep the AED 440 000 anyway.

Well done Alpha, you are setting new standards in money laundering.

aakhan
16th Jan 2012, 11:54
To safeguard themselves they make cadets sign a contract wherein the cadets have no right for any refund. Contract is issued four month into the training but the date mentioned on the the contract is the date of joining. In my batch there were two cadets who were underage (less than 18 years) who were given contracts to sign.

fatcadet
16th Jan 2012, 23:52
You posted only on AAG treads. Your many bad comments of AAG about Sharjah and Clark seem like you know lots about them. Calling AAG a pariah (dictionary meaning outcast) group. By saying that you not only insulted AAG but their present and past cadets. It does not sound right of you. You should be banned from posting further for spreading lies.

traveller93
17th Jan 2012, 02:50
Taras B is right and he points undeniable facts.

If fatcadet had bothered to check PPRuNe threads since 2006 he could see for himself that the AAG/Clark Aviation saga began long before he registered as a member of this forum.

aakhan
17th Jan 2012, 05:17
Fatcadet being a supporter of Alpha can answer why Alpha made cadets sign the contract which was given to them four month into their training but the date mentioned was the date they joined. Two cadets were underage ( less than 18 years) Alpha and their management know the thuth. Truth will prevail one day.

aakhan
17th Jan 2012, 11:34
Fatcadet I disagree that Taras B should be banned from posting. You and other supporters of Alpha are scared to face the truth which he puts down in his posts. I think you have an axe to grind. Alpha has been singled out because there are a lot of wrong things happening out there. Cadets are made to sign a contract four months into their training when they have no choice. Then they mention the date of joining which is clearly not the case. Cadets saw the contract for the first time four month into their training. Is that fair? Taras B do continue with your posts

BlueSky1
20th Jan 2012, 06:57
Hey Taras B, if Alpha is taking in more cadets than Air Arabia can handle, then where are the Cadets being retrenched from the course? And what excuse does Alpha give the students for not taking them all the way through?

If it’s not only the bad students that get kicked out, I am presuming that at some point, the Management will have a chat to the student and tell them they are not good enough? So where does this happen? in the Ground School, Core Flying, MCC, or Intermediate and Advanced training?

From what I hear though, the Intermediate and Advanced training is done by Air Arabia? Or does Alpha still handle this aspect?

aakhan
20th Jan 2012, 10:27
Alpha does not care about the retrenched cadets. No refund is made because of the contract signed four months into the training. You could be in the middle of your ground school or middlle of your core flying. A cadets friend was not allowed to resit his exams in ground school other friend was removed after 35 hours of flying time though he had payed Dh 150,000 for 80 h0urs of core flying. No refund is made. Doors of Alpha are closed for them and the money gone. It happens at all stages. I am only MCC stage and our batch of 9 has been reduced to 6.

malirm
20th Jan 2012, 20:59
Sorry guys, I can't reply to all of you at once, I need quiet a time, I'll find the time for that...line training needs a lots of preparation & sleep ;)

Keep on posting :ok: good or bad, more news to come from my side :cool: just don't take it personal...as it seems to be :bored:

Left Wing
21st Jan 2012, 03:34
If you are going to share your successes, by all means do, we are interested to know your progress. But to those cadets who have not shared your advantages and good luck, I ask you to please show a little respect.:ugh:

TB its not about good luck or praying or advantages... ITS ALL ABOUT HARD WORK AND STUDYING AND READING UP ON A/C SYSTEMS AND ASKING QUESTIONS TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR :ok: nothing can stop you then from becoming a very successful pilot..

aakhan
21st Jan 2012, 14:24
Left Wing if Alpha is confident about being honest and upright then why do they have to make cadets sign contracts four months into their training? Why is the entrance exam made so easy that a primary school child can get through ? Why do they not want to refund part of the payment for the unused flying hours of my cadet friend who payed Dh 150,000 for 80 hours of core flying but was sent home after 35 hours? Did not Aipha save on gas, plane, instruction time etc but they pocketed rest of the money. Malirm remember I am still there and know exactly what is happening out there. In fact I hold you responsible for my plight because I trusted your updates. My request be honest.

aakhan
23rd Jan 2012, 13:32
Yet another cadet removed from Alpha in Australia in the core flying stage while Alpha pockets the money.

Taras B
23rd Jan 2012, 20:15
http://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/ePublication/admin/iradmin/Lists/Incidents%20Investigation%20Reports/Attachments/22/2011-Preliminary%20Report%20Cessna%20172S%20-%20A6-MPL%20-%20Report%2013%202011.pdf (http://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/ePublication/admin/iradmin/Lists/Incidents%20Investigation%20Reports/Attachments/22/2011-Preliminary%20Report%20Cessna%20172S%20-%20A6-MPL%20-%20Report%2013%202011.pdf)

aakhan
24th Jan 2012, 02:53
Beside all the above mentioned reasons I would like to add Alpha made underage cadets - less then 18 years to sign the contract which is against the Uae law.

aakhan
24th Jan 2012, 03:01
By the way Alpha at Sharjah was shut down by GCAA for two months in Nov and Dec 2010.

malirm
24th Jan 2012, 03:13
Great Stuff Taras B :ok:

I really Appreciate it (Really) ;)

The problem is that, you are mixing stuff now, COMPASS (in a way or another) is a certified selection tool (AAA has their asses covered legally), if AAA (Sharjah) was that bankrupt, why didn't the GCAA close AAA (big Question)?

When comparing, Please get the TOTAL NUMBER of students & the TOTAL NUMBER of people screwing it up...the Majority screw it up in ground school & by LAW (GCAA), if you fail 4 times in ATPL exams...you're OUT...is it AAA's fault now, I can tell you that we have a bunch of EXPERIENCED & skilled ground instructors, who I respect & wish the best for, they made ground school fun, but there are some cadets who just DON'T CARE...:ugh:

& AAKhan, why was that ?

TARAS B, I'm not going against you, but putting the blame TOTALLY on one side is not right, it is a COMBINATION. Please check the problems with the other flight schools in the Region, I guess MPL training is becoming a Headache for FTOs

I don't know whether it was AAG's, ICAO's, GCAA's or MPL's fault, but I can assure you, they are all awake now including other concerned parties...lets hope for the best, I just want all the MPLers to live happily ever after, My colleagues & I are trying to establish a Good Benchmark for the others to improve on...again I say blaming Alpha alone for the training delays & dropouts is unfair...hope I find more time next month to catch up with you guys :cool:

aakhan
24th Jan 2012, 04:04
Two experienced and skilled ground instructors left Alpha and joined Horizon at Al Alin because they got disgusted with Alpha. Some cadets are not allowed to sit for their third attempt well my friend was not allowed. Malirm get your facts right. I hold you responsible for my plight because I got influenced by your updates. I Know you have your own axe to grind but dont pass wrong information and dont play with dreams and money of future cadets

malirm
24th Jan 2012, 23:23
@ AAKhan, you are completely wrong with the instructors' reasons, they got a better pay, thus they decided to leave, which is a Normal thing BTW, do you want their phone numbers to ask them by yourself ?

AAKhan, I don't think that I have influenced you that much since Nov 2011, that was the time you joined us in PPRUNE ;) go find another person to blame...I was sharing MY experience & what I know about MPL & what I heard from here & there...its PPRuNe. AAKhan...GROW UP :ok:

@ Taras B

Failing cadets in core flying will KILL the company, plus, AAG (Sharjah) has no influence on the Australian flight school to fail or pass cadets...the same way you discussed the crashes, please discuss the cases where people failed in core flying...WHY?

Talking about the extra sorties that I & my classmates enjoyed in the core flying...I can Guarantee you, we didn't have ANY extra sorties, while others in the other batches (including those who crashed) have enjoyed extra sorties...I guess including Mr AAKhan ;)

Talking about delays in core flying for us & other batches (being us the most affected), the delays were mainly from the GCAA & AAA's Management in Sharjah at that time...why don't you talk about now...it's 2 months without delays :)

As for your last sentence in your post, I need to add something, I say "we will exceed Air Arabia's MPL cadet benchmark" it seems that you have problems with Air Arabia too !

To sum up, guys, AAG/AAA...etc. has the wheel running now, I wish all the best for the guys who want to get their money/training back, good news to come inshallah.

P.S. Just don't keep posting the same thing again & again...because I have to post here the same thing again & again :} ...AAKhan & Taras B, as days pass, it becomes clearer & clearer that you guys have had a bad experience from AAG as well, I wish you all the best...keep on posting, but please, in reason :)

See you when I see you guys, roster Changes can't help sometimes :ok:

aakhan
25th Jan 2012, 03:14
Well two out of three instructors leave for Horizon at the same time that does reflect poorly on Alpha? Third is the head so he is not going to leave. You did infuence my joining Alpha only to regret later. Malirm we know you want to secure your employment with Air Arabia but I suggest your show some respect for other cadets who have lost so much of their money and time in Alpha

malirm
25th Jan 2012, 15:01
Securing a job was done already...you just mentioned it...time & money is AAG's problem ;) & problems will be solved as you see guys...couple of days/weeks...inshallah

No doubt, I respect you all & will respect you more if you respect me back...I was one of you & I am still, I fully understand our situation here, but I say, it's not only AAG to blame.

I'm sad that my sweet RP-C 3544 crashed :{ please send my regards to the dispatcher & ask him to double check for the sortie thingy, as I am sure it's about a DPCO, I respect that guy btw :)

Off to my flight :D hope we enjoy the good news soon

captain.weird
25th Jan 2012, 16:25
Which good news?

@aakhan and Taras B: just stop with bashing this thread. As what malirm says, there are en were problems, but they are going to be solved in very short time if we believe malirm. I think that only aakhan can confirm this?

But malirm, which good news? Have a nice flight btw..

aakhan
25th Jan 2012, 19:49
Forget about enjoying extra sorties the cadets who have been entrenched (which makes 2 out of 15) in Australia have had just 35 hours instead of 80 hours. They payed Alpha Dh150,00 for just 35 hours. Malirm think what they must be going through.
SKY81- Good you did not join Alpha after reading positive comments posted by Malirm well that is his part time job. My advice do not leave your current job to join Alpha you will regret it just as I do. You have been
told by the Alpha authorities that the washed out cadets were not up to the standards well the ratio does not project a good picture of Alpha. Join only if they assure you of your success.

aakhan
26th Jan 2012, 10:32
Captain Weird then you accept problems in Alpha after they are pointed out and after Alpha is pushed to the wall. Trademark of Alpha keep solving problems.

honestpilot
26th Jan 2012, 12:14
marlim I have been following this post for a while now and refrained from adding my opinions since I had not been in alpha for long enough.

I can now honestly tell that you are misleading everyone here. You seem to think that AAG is never completely at fault. I heard that it took them something like 2 years to get 2 cessnas 172! Now is that something to be proud off? I think you will come up with excuses to save their ass. The old students were apparently false promised that the planes would be ready in a few weeks everytime they asked.

LIES were told everyday to the students.

Now lets come to the exams. When i joined alpha the CGI proudly said that no one has failed the Ground School. I was impressed. I started to do the exams and when i did my first GCAA exams i realized that every question was copied and pasted from the question bank. Now any idiot can just learn the answers and not understand anything. I sadly worked hard and did not do well and others who just learnt all the answers by heart scored 90%+. Not only that students cheat in the exams. I have seen it with my own eyes. No wonder everyone passes. The captains must know about this but will not care. Everyone that passes the ground school will pay an extra 150k DHS for the flying. AAG will benefit from this NOT us. The students that we have in my class are quiet frankly appalling. One of them could not solve 5x+20=50 when we studied mass and balance. How did he pass the entrance exams I will never know. A 9 year old can solve that equation!
I knew that he was poor in Mass and Balance let alone other subjects. Yet he has managed to get 90% avg in exams. How? By learning all the answers from the question bank. If i ask him to explain how he got an answer he will shrug his shoulders and admit that he does not know. And yet these students pass GCAA exams and go on to flying.

Now tell me is this a good way to test students? NO! But by doing this the students will all pass with excellent marks. AAG can proudly show these marks to new possible cadets and fool them into joining Alpha. I have been fooled. Hopefully no one else will.

If you do join Alpha then do so at ur own cost. Do not believe a word AAG says.

And btw Marlim can u please tell me how a flying school managed to have 3 accidents in the space of 1 year. How is it that we had too few instructors. Is it a positive thing that AAG have been banned from holding flying classes. They have just covered it up by sending us to Australia. It is amusing how NO ONE ever failed when they flew in Shj or Clarke and yet students have failed in Australia. This just shows that AAG is playing with peoples lives. It is high time that you start being honest with people here , Marlim. You only seem to be giving ur experiences and not the full truth that u here from others!

Also,you defended AAG when they were closed down for 2 months. Tell me which flying school would do that? It is appaling that u even think about defending these situations. I am a student of AAG and I am disgusted by the way the handle the flying school. Sadly I cannot leave since my money is already in AAG.

You seem to be flying well and will eventually become a captain for Air Arabia. Now i have a question for you. Would you feel safe that you have a first officer from AAG who does not know anything from ground school since he passed all his exams by learning the answers as ABCD? I would not as a passenger. If the plane runs into trouble the answer will not be given to him. I can honestly say that 90% of the students do not understand ANYTHING from ground school or alteast very little and yet they have managed to score above 80% in all of their exams. That is something to be proud off right?

And captain wierd the problems will never be solved. Trust me on that. The only way AAG can solve it is if they close down AAG for a few months and get a new management staff. This will never happen so AAG's problems will never be solved.

Why do you get annoyed with Taras B is giving all the problems. It is clear that he knows the management very well and should be trusted with what he says. After all he knows a lot more than any on us will know when it comes to AAG.

I for one completely agree with him. Save to say if I could get my money back and had to redo my ground school all over again in another flying school i would agree without a moments hesitation. Btw my avg in ground school is close to 90%. How? Because i learnt the way to do well in the exams. I did work hard and do understand the subject but no where near to the marks that i have scored. AAG is making a fool of GCAA and tbh i will not be surprised if one of the AAG students ends up in an air crash. AAG will have blood on their hands then!

honestpilot
29th Jan 2012, 08:41
seems like everyone is agreeing with Taras B. well apart from marlim and his side kick captain.weird

aakhan
29th Jan 2012, 09:59
So very true. I can confirm that everyword written by honestpilot is true. The answers from the question bank are learnt without understanding inorder to secure high marks. What is more appaling is some cadets are too lazy to even do that so they resort to cheating. They find out a week before exams who all are going to get the same exam paper as them(three sets of different exam papers are given) Then the question bank is divided between the cadets who will get the same paper. They resort to mass scale cheating right under the nose of captains through sign language. Like for question fifteen I will show both hands once and one hand once more. My friend who has got the same paper will be sitting next to me and will show one finger if the answer is A and if the answer is C he will show three fingers. How do authorities allow this mass scale cheating I will never know. To add to this the authorities brought to the notice that some cadet had broken into the filing cabinets where the exam papers were kept. But no action was taken. Malim I am waiting to hear what you have to say. Can you deny the above stated facts

TheAnimal
29th Jan 2012, 17:15
long story short forget about joing AAG. Taras is right its useless to join MPL program when there is no Guaranteed Line Training.

anyways !! any of u guys have got idea about Moncton Flight College ? they got 3 good programs.

1. B.s.c in Aviation Technology for 4 years
2. Diploma in Aviation Technology for 20 months which is kinda 2 years
3. MPL

i wish they have B.s.c in Aviation Management.

anyways !! please screw this now. any info will be much appreciated if its meaningful or worthful LOL

malirm
30th Jan 2012, 09:43
Since I have a Proper PC & a Keyboard + a Bigger Screen AND the Time, I would Like to Say:

Guys, I totally agree with whatever is mentioned, if it is 100% True (But some of the Ground School facts are not), as far as you also have to keep in-mind, that the Clark Experience is different from the Sharjah's One, there is an AIRLINE & a proper GCAA & Cadets who are willing to go to court.

--------------------------

Now, to those who want to blame Malirm or Just let Malirm look like that he is on the Opposite side:

1. What is my Motive?

Money (I guess not), Bad will (I guess who ever met me would answer that).

2. What did I Post?

I posted & spoke about my EXPERIENCE as a TRAINEE & what I have heard...etc. AND my Opinion (not recommendations)

3.Did I recommend MPL?

I remember I mentioned that, it is MY best choice to get into an airline in the UAE in the shortest time (time became a problem apparently) as compared to the triditional CPL/IR...different People Different choices.

4. For Those who filled my PM inbox with Questions...did I recommend Alpha/MPL?

The Answer is NO, I simply mentioned, WAIT for us to Graduate, see how the employment goes on & THEN Decide. There were some SPECIFIC questions that I answered about the STATUS of AAG (Sharjah) & what's happening...etc. that I answered honestly. :)

5. Is it a Part-Time Job?

It might be, if it was yours on the Opposite side...as far as I know, I don't need that Part-time Money or a Job beside my Job as a PILOT. :ok:

6. When I got a YEAR of Delays & uncertainty/Ambiguity...did I Open my Mouth with a Bad word about AAG/Air Arabia/GCAA ?

NO, as I am Sure that atleast 1 of them is working hard to improve the quality of training, to know later, that ALL of them are. You know as much as I know, that this new Management in AAG Sharjah, was in no doubt the working Horse of the Academy (Away from Contracts & Guys who Failed & AAGs Upper Management).

7. Does Alpha need an improvement on Pre-Screening/Screening Process?

YES 100%, since 2010, COMPASS is not an Effective tool as far as we have seen & Experienced, we need a better one where, nobody can pass through easily, BUT, Legally, as I mentioned, it is a Certified way to do it :yuk:

-----------------------

To Sum Up (Away from the Contract Problems & AAGs Upper Management):

Batches have started since Feb 2009, I guess 8 batches until this moment (about 80 students or little More):

Only ONE batch have Graduated with all 9 with ABY since Oct 2011

About 16 in Type Rating - Intermediate/Advanced (will be done starting from March)

More in Australia (Don't know when they'll finish)

More in Ground School

SOME have Failed in different stages (as per the Count, 5, CORRECT ME PLEASE).

----------------------

As YannisFr mentioned, Unprofessionalism in Management, I guess, Upper Management, I felt it ever since my Colleagues' & I training was delayed, but happily I can say...It was sorted out (i.e. non of the batches would suffer the same AGAIN), as far as I got to know, the lower management in UAE (since 2011, are to a good standard, specially the HOT (who is leaving after sorting it out for the Core Flying/Intermediate & Advanced phases...CORRECT Me if I'm Wrong).

About the ground school cheating, please ask the 2 instructors who left AAG to Horizon, who is the One who was allowing it, One of them was responsible for that...

About Learning the Questions, I personally didn't open the book to specifically LEARN the Question, Yes, I might have seen SOME questions here & there that are exactly the same on the Q paper, it is OAT question bank, you can download it now from the web if you want. Same applies to other Aviation Authorities, you can buy a Nice Book filled with the FAA ATP Qs & As...what about EASA (the same)...so, you can just leave that out of discussion.

Guys, Cheer Up, things are Changing to the Better, more news to come, if your Problem was with CLARK, go & post in that Thread, if it was with AAG Sharjah, you are in the right place :ok:

I Hope the Best for you guys...TC...as I hope The Best for AAG Batches & Our Batch :)

delay256
31st Jan 2012, 02:08
What happened here?

http://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/ePublication/admin/iradmin/Lists/Incidents%20Investigation%20Reports/Attachments/22/2011-Preliminary%20Report%20Cessna%20172S%20-%20A6-MPL%20-%20Report%2013%202011.pdf

P1DRIVER
31st Jan 2012, 17:23
Nav. Solo after only 2.9 of total Solo ???????

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ok::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

delay256
31st Jan 2012, 18:38
Well 2.9 is on the lower side but it can still be sufficient if the dual x ctry check was completed and the candidate was deemed proficient. What happened on the landing? and why is it happening over and over?

aakhan
31st Jan 2012, 19:25
For once Malirm agrees with regard to the mass scale cheating in ground school. Well why should I ask anyone. Alpha is responsible and accountable to GCAA in this regard. With regard to the number of failed cadets I can count so far 5 in the 3 batches I know but they all havent yet completed their core flying so the actual number will be much higher. After the flighting was closed down by the GCAA in Sharjah the 4 cadets midway through their training will be leaving for Australia. Since Malirm loves giving updates he should have written about the air accident which took place on 5 Dec and the real reason why Alpha was forced to shut down their flying.

honestpilot
31st Jan 2012, 20:30
no idea.

I can only think of 2 reasons.

1) There are fewer captains than the number required by GCAA. As a result each captain is flying 1.5 hours more than what is the law.

2) They just want to pass students so that they can go to the next stage and give Alpha more money. At the end when they will complete the training the weaker students who crashed for example may not get a job

I do not know. I have no contact with these students who crashed so I could be wrong. But, knowing alpha I would not be surprised if I am right!

RP-C000
6th Feb 2012, 11:44
Wall Photos | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=222541927839420&set=a.189939397766340.43660.185481661545447&type=1&theater)

:ok::D

fernandeztv
7th Feb 2012, 06:37
To the first batch of MPLers from Alpha SHJ ...Hearty Congrats on your graduation and wish you ALL the very best on your line training.

Its great to see you guys in the flt ops and hear you on the radios these days :ok: looking forward for your release soon and swapping flts ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on to other posts...

Its pretty amazing to see some posts how people are blaming "others" for their (lack of) judgement :ugh:If you cannot take responsibility for your decisions now on ground, how on earth(or air) are you supposed to make decisions on a multi million $$$ plane with 160+ souls on board? food for thought.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logging off now and back to committing aviation :}

RP-C000
7th Feb 2012, 07:43
Photos of AlphaAviation | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=223022104458069&set=at.223021904458089.51694.185481661545447.100003261065986&type=1&theater)

:ok::D happy landings !

aakhan
7th Feb 2012, 12:13
Fernandeztv are you a cadet of Alpha or in anyway connected with Alpha to pass on your judgement. We are stating facts which goes against the norms of a good aviation academy in training cadets to become competent pilots. If that was not the case why would the GCAA step in and shut down the academy for two months in Nov and Dec 2010. Now GCAA has closed Alphas flghtline and an air accident investigation has taken place as a result of which the core flying of four cadets was stopped midway and they have to fly to Austalia to complete the rest of their training. There have been two similar nature previous aircraft accidents reported at the flying school in March 2011 according to GCAA reports

Dualinput
7th Feb 2012, 13:21
Three accidents already?!!??!! Wow!!!! Were they on solo flights? Dual? Or what???

honestpilot
7th Feb 2012, 17:17
all solo but according to fernandez it is not alpha's fault! If it is not their fault then who's is it? Which flying school has its flying facilities shut?! or has its ground school closed down for 2 months?

fernandeztv
8th Feb 2012, 13:25
aakhan & honestpilot

So "honestpilot" talks abt some training accidents mentioned by aakhan and manages to infer that i have something to say about it? :ugh: did i get it right. :*

Ok lets get this straight...

First i posted to congratulate the successful alpha MPL graduates who went thru some pretty difficult times to get their wings and a few years back i was in their shoes as well so can i not feel happy for them?

Second i found certain members blaming another member of this forum that they joined alpha only because of them and then go about blaming this member for misleading them etc...

While choosing a FTO you take decisions based on all available information but that does not relieve you of the responsibility of doing some homework on your own instead of just relying on what others have to say. Were the pros and cons weighed at that time or you just went by what the management had to say? Did someone really think that if they paid XXX AED then they will get to fly a big shiny jet? :eek:

I have no comments nor did i pass judgements on Alpha or any other FTO for that matter but i do believe firmly that anybody who makes a decision needs to be good enough to take responsibility for it. We all make mistakes now and then, bad decisions due to bad judgement but eventually that's how we gain experience.

Safe flts everyone.

honestpilot
8th Feb 2012, 14:15
yes, i am glad for them and I hope that I can join their shoes one day. But do u think it is fair that the people like marlim only stat the pros and NO cons. If there are any then it is NOT alpha fault. Then who's is it? You want to blame the young pilot for a crash that was not his fault? If that was the case GCAA would not have banned alpha from flying in SHJ.

Alpha is not even honest about it. Like u said we all make mistakes. Well Alpha will make mistakes but yet they do not learn from it! Why should the students who join suffer?

When I joined Alpha I was not even aware of the fact that GCAA closed them down for 2 months! I was shocked to know that Alpha had 6 batches of students and had yet acquired NO planes! When I joined they only had 2!

Which flying school does that?!

Yes, I made a mistake that I joined Alpha. This is why I am here so that people have a better idea about the pros and cons of Alpha.

The instructors at Alpha are OK. Not bad, just OK. However the management is ****. Anyone could do a better job than them.
Answer this question

Which flying school allows their own authority to ban them from flying?! That is VERY embarrassing!

aakhan
8th Feb 2012, 19:52
Fernandeztv if you posted to congratulate the successful graduates you should just stick to it. Alphas responsibility is greater and questionable. If they were doing their job well why would GCAA step in twice once to shut their groundschool temporary for two months and then their flightline permanently. One cadet has only two hours of core flying left but needs to now travel all the way to Australia. Food for thought. As individuals we are responsible for our actions but we can be influenced by others to make wrong dicisions. That is what exactly has happened in my case. Malirm writes on behalf of Alpha carefully exaggerating everything in favour of Alpha and concealing their shortcomings. The hidden motive behind his regular updates is to increase the intake of Alpha. Tell me which institution should give the cadets contracts to sign four months after the commencement of the training when cadets have no choice. There were two cadets underage (less than 18) in my batch. The list goes on..... Well GCAA are approachable and very helpful

honestpilot
9th Feb 2012, 10:13
Fernandez from ur first post u seem to blame the students and not alpha for their bad luck.

U seem to have ignored my questions for u which i asked a few posts back.

I am currently in Alpha and I am sure that NOT all of us will get a job with AA. As a result I am being forced to kiss my captains ass and also to backstab my friends.

It should NOT be like that. We are supposed to help each other. Sadly Alpha does not see it that way and just want to make money. They make some students fly 120 hours on the cessna to pass the first stage and others are removed after 35 hours. So tell me is that fair? I am sure that the students who failed after 35 hours could have finished the course are 120 hours but they were not given the chance! Why?

because alpha did not care about them. They were not in the first batch of students. every time i talk to the captains they only talk about the first batch and no one else! It is as if they were forced to pass everyone in that batch just to brag about them to new students!

aakhan
9th Feb 2012, 18:16
To the future cadets who might be thinking of joining Alpha be warned that the fees for Alpha is not just DH 440,000 as told by the authorities to lure you into the programme. Four months after the commencement of training comes the contract which also states the additional charges
1 Theoretical ground school instruction Dh 2300 per week
2 Core flying skills Dh 800 per hour
3 Basic simulator flying instruction Dh 800 per hour
4 A32O Ground School Dh 200 per hour
5 Intermediate Simulator Flying instruction Dh 2200 per hour
6 Advanced Simulator Flying instruction Dh2200 per hour
7 Aircraft Base Training Dh 35,000
Be well prepared to foot the bill according to the whims and fancies of Alpha. They keep you in the dark initially

malirm
9th Feb 2012, 22:02
On behalf of my Batchmates & I...we thank you for the Congs & Greetings :) really happy to see you around :) looking forward to see you in the Cockpit someday (or Night) :ok: The Line is filled with great experiences...

As for my forum-mates, guys, I hope the best for you (the successful & the unsuccessful), for those who are successful...I'd rather be focusing on my training & get out of such a mentality...although you belief that what you are doing is right... :)

Cheers ;)

honestpilot
9th Feb 2012, 23:05
lol marlim i have lost all hope on Alpha.

I am shortly leaving for AAPA. I just do not think that Alpha will help my if i do badly.

I still do not understand why past students got 120 hours in the cessna and cadets like adi got removed after only completing about 30 hours of flying!

I am scared ****less about what will happen in Aus!

Left Wing
10th Feb 2012, 01:31
honestpilot study hard stay focus on your flying.... dont waste time on this webiste.
If you need info ask your FI in AAPA, they are there to teach you to fly and become a good pilot.
STUDY STUDY STUDY !.no one said it gonna be easy..

happy landings :ok:

If you sign up for MBA course and not study .. or work hard ... and just hope for "good luck" .. you will not be a successful manager..

same goes for flying.... hard work makes a good pilot !..

Taras B
10th Feb 2012, 02:15
Probably a better word than 'study' is "prepare"... don't go into the air unprepared to practice the skills that you will need to learn and demonstrate. Yes, read the books, but also sit in a chair or in the cockpit on the ground and "act out" what you will be doing, what your hands and feet will be doing. Flying is both a motor skill and a cognitive skill. Talk to an imaginary ATC so you get used to making standard callouts.

If you can arrange to have your pre-flight briefing the evening before your morning flight, I guarantee you will have dreams about the upcoming sortie. That's a good thing.

Chew gum if your instructor doesn't mind. It will settle your stomach, especially in the first few sorties, lessen any anxiety you may have, keep your mouth wet and help focus your mind. Even monkeys in stressful situations will do that chewing motion...it is a coping behavior that is hard-wired into us, too.

Your brain will be furiously consuming glucose during your time in the air. Drink a half can of Coke before you start your preflight check (then have a pee just before you get into the cockpit). The mild combination of caffeine and glucose will activate your higher learning centers and switch you ON for learning and doing. Drink the other half Coke after you land, it will help you recover. Make no mistake, flying a training aircraft puts tremendous stress on the body and mind, whether you are aware of it or not.

To all the cadets who wrote to me about what to eat the mornings that you fly - I cannot overemphasize the importance of having a low-fat protein/complex carbohydrate breakfast each morning. Eggs/wholemeal toast; beans/wholemeal toast; oatmeal with raisins and nuts; banana milkshake; peanut butter & banana sandwich on wholemeal...you get the idea. Pop Tarts, corn flakes or white rice won't work for you. Protein deficiency = learning deficiency. Eat lite, just enough to satisfy. You can always have a mid-morning snack later.

Since your sorties will be limited, make it a goal to do the best you can on each one. Some will be tough for reasons beyond your control (people usually start well, dip, and then recover in their human performance...don't get discouraged during this natural J-curve, just keep on movin', don't stop).

Aussies are a rough and tough kind of people. They are not what I would describe as thenthitive. But they have good hearts. They will help you get where you need to go--but they will not carry you there.

Core flying should be fun! Enjoy it.

honestpilot
10th Feb 2012, 08:52
thanks for the great advice taras B

btw Left. Wing u really think that considering all students in our batches study and work hard and get the license will get a job?!

Hell no. I work hard but i still doubt that I will get a place in AA unless they really need pilots.

aakhan
10th Feb 2012, 10:54
Left Wing you are insulting the hard working cadet who got only 35 hours of flying in Australia. According to reports sent by Alpha he was a hard working cadet. He payed Dh 150,000 for 80 hours of flying but got only 35 while Alpha pocketed rest of the money. This is day light robbery. In desperation he contacted GCAA. Left Wing I would like to know what you have to say to this?

malirm
10th Feb 2012, 23:12
Best of luck to the rest of the MPL cadets in their training stages :ok: I'm sure that it became clearer & clearer for AAGs UAE MPL training path (training wise...not contract wise ;) )

As far as I got to know, ABY will be receiving 4 to 6 A320s (as per our last meeting with the Management)...this year...then Sharklets next year :ok: + approx 20 destinations :oh:

As for you honest pilot...be positive, it'll for sure come back to you. As for training...ask the previous batches who were there for tips & what to expect...etc. I was lucky enough to meet the MPLers from the Philippines before I left to Clark...let me know if you can't find them or don't know whom to talk to & we'll try to arrange something with one of them :)

Keep Up the good work AND...think positively (I did & it came back to me :O )

RP-C000
12th Feb 2012, 13:27
While attending the graduation ceremony, Captain Mohammed Ahmed, Director Operations at Air Arabia and Mustafa Yusuf, Vice-President, (MENA) AAG UAE said “ ” Newly graduated MPL pilots will now join Air Arabia as First Officers and will fly the carrier’s Airbus A-320 state-of-the-art airplanes.

Wall Photos | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=222541927839420&set=a.189939397766340.43660.185481661545447&type=1&theater)

:D:D:ok::ok::)

honestpilot
12th Feb 2012, 15:01
what?! how much experience do they have? I for one would not be comfortable with that posistion! We are supposed to become a second officer first and then a first officer after we have experience.

Although flying in a sim in experience flying in real life is just not the same!

This is looking very very fishy!

risk
16th Feb 2012, 04:53
Alpha is changing its entry selection process from 01st of March...

honestpilot
16th Feb 2012, 05:02
lol and how?

I have seen the person who is involved with the testing helping out the students by giving the answers to them!

He does not care who gets in since he gets money for every student that joins Alpha!

aakhan
16th Feb 2012, 05:55
Thus Alpha agrees that the entrance assessments to Alpha uptill now had intentionally been made easy to maximise the intake to Alpha. GCAA after receiving complains from cadets must have asked Alpha to make their selection process more stringent. So no credit goes to Alpha. What the honest pilot has just stated is true that the admin staff who is involved with the testing process gives out the answers to the cadets undergoing the testing because he gets a commission on each cadet who joins Alpha

RP-C000
16th Feb 2012, 07:36
if you have proof of such activitiies then pls go in person and infrom the new Head Of Training.. take action and get it fixed..

honestpilot
16th Feb 2012, 09:09
how can i get this proof? It is what i saw. I have no video evidence!

Left Wing
16th Feb 2012, 13:36
no one is asking you for video or finger prints mate... just go and talk if you feel something is wrong... no point you moaning on this website and doing nothing..:=

aakhan
16th Feb 2012, 13:55
Well I too have seen it with my own eyes. It is the authority and resposibility of the head of the ground school to question the person concerned and sort it out if he is really interested and not of an ordinary cadet who does not know his own future.

malirm
16th Feb 2012, 14:01
Exactly...the same as I did, I went & spoke with some people at AAG (although I'm not an AAG cadet anymore) about some other stuff that got dealt with on the spot & some other that took time...don't wait until GCAA or ABY to come & find out...it'll just affect your/our training (delays), but to AAG, its another day :ok:

If you are afraid to do so (if you think AAG will just screw with your training :confused: because of that), let me know on this thread or by PMing me...I'm out of the AAG system & I can help as an X-cadet...I still know some people here & there as you know :ugh:

Taras B...waiting for the continuation of the story...I hope that it has a Happy Ending ;)

honestpilot
16th Feb 2012, 21:33
so when did u complain?
Maybe a year back. You joined some 2 years back from what I know. If u complained about the problems say 1 year back then Alpha has not done anything.

This is why i cannot be bothered. I know that Alpha will not do anything.

If they wanted to improve they would not have had 3 prop strikes. All the 3 accidents were exactly the same reason. They would not have made their instructors fly more than they can by law. Any idiot can follow that rule. Well anyone apart from Alpha.

If they cannot follow a simple law laid out by ICAO and GCAA do u really think that they will listen to me?

And marlim there is no need to be sarcastic to Taras!

RP-C000
17th Feb 2012, 01:17
honestpilot.. pls go and approach the new HOT, he will listen to you... and offer advise as well.

Air Arabia A320 Base Training - Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) - YouTube :D:ok:

Air Arabia Graduation ceremony | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230040947089518.53008.185481661545447&type=1)

aakhan
17th Feb 2012, 20:02
Well RP-C000 you can introduce the new Hot to this very thread to do the needful.
As for Malirm it will be more benificial for you to concentrate on your flying as it is beyond you to understand what TarasB wants to convey through his well written posts

traveller93
17th Feb 2012, 20:24
Well, guys, I just posted this on the Clark Aviation thread (the 2nd link is of more interest to the people in AAG UAE):

"Is this article accurate or are there...... inaccuracies?

Alpha Aviation Group (AAG) to invest aggressively in Philippine aviation industry « Aviator Aero / Newswire (http://www.aviator.aero/newswire/index.php/2011/12/alpha-aviation-group-aag-to-invest-aggressively-in-philippine-aviation-industry/)

On the other hand, I would like to congratulate AAG for the prestigeous "2007 Frost & Sullivan Award for Strategy and Innovation" in commercial aviation training in Asia Pacific as mentioned in this article.:ok:

Press Releases (http://www.mechtronix.com/press-releases/detail/news/alpha-aviation-group-orders-mechtronix-jet-fnpt-ii-mcc/) (29 June 2010)

The problem is that, other than this article from Mechtronix, I cannot find any other reference to such award when I do a Google Search.:hmm: Anybody can help me?

2007 must have been an "outstanding year" for AAG..... I wonder what happened to cause the colapse?"

Sky81
18th Feb 2012, 03:48
According to (below) these guys are the 1st batch of AAG UAE to graduate at AAPA, where are they now?

AAG UAE's First Batch of Graduates at AAPA | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.202620029831610.47055.185481661545447&type=3)

I don't see any of them being one of the 7's first batch to graduate?? :sad:

Air Arabia Graduation ceremony | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230040947089518.53008.185481661545447&type=3)

Correct me if i'm wrong! :confused:

RP-C000
18th Feb 2012, 08:47
70 hrs flying completed in Aussi and back to UAE for grd school and simulator training

Air Arabia base training complete and the proud holders of first GCAA MPL :D

even before the big guys like Emirates & Qatar can have MPL pilots... Air Arabia and AAG has done it..

Bennyboy1
18th Feb 2012, 19:53
..They have done something RP. The GCAA has placed a ban on the intake of all new cadets until such time as a they address the corruption allegations regarding back dating of contracts (with new conditions) forced upon cadets who were 4 months into the program and already paid their tuition fees, the numerous allegations of allowed cheating during ground school exams and the non existence of a proper and thourough pre-entrance pilot aptitude testing regime.

Its been all about getting the tuition fees off parents, then AAG couldnt care less if it turns out some just arent suitable for flying.

These issues just wont go away until they are settled with the long suffering cadets and parents. Cheering the first batch going to AA (after taking more than 3 years to do an 18 month course) RP is adolescent, almost childlike in its naiveity.

These people need to be compensated.

risk
19th Feb 2012, 03:23
To the moaners:

I reckon it is prudent that any wrongdoing of any sort, even if it is something trivial, should be reported to the person/entity responsible & as well to the authorities. Regardless of whether they react or not to it and/or fix it is secondary. The most important thing ‘FIRST’ is to report it, i.e. do your ‘due diligence’ part. Obviously so, the repercussions are very important & that is when you use forums like these to rally support. So whether you were a student, are one, or planning to be one, please go and report it first.

To the ones who are waiting for a decision to make about joining or not:

Personally me, I am close to an age where if I start flying I ‘might’ not get a job, I have an EXCELLENT paying job in my own field that I do like…but I do not have the cash to invest in flying… oh and by the way I would have to lose my job if I were to join AAG….BUT… I have a bug up my backside (that does not seem to die with any amount of insecticide) that keeps me awake at night ‘day dreaming’ about me being a pilot….
So I have decided to be patient (even though my age hasn’t paused)… I believe it is best to let the dust settle. Let’s observe what happens to the first batch AFTER their contracts with AA expire & until then what kind of contracts do the latter batches get. During this time AAG might start changing ‘stuff’. At the end of the day they are a business and would like to stay as such, therefore they WILL HAVE TO adjust themselves to avoid closure.
Air Asia is also contemplating opening an LCC here in Knoteetingham… so there will be job openings & Air Asia already has MPL grads…

So overall do the RIGHT thing, complain if you feel something is violating the laws, be it ethical or governmental. Also, if you feel something is wrong (for those who are waiting)… wait a bit more & see what happens, but yes, don’t wait too long, at the end of it all you have to risk something…

Lastly, I believe we are all grownups & its forums like these that provides us a platform to debate amongst us about everything, good, bad, truth or lies… so kudos to all of you, be you a supporter of AAG or otherwise & to you too, the silent observer …

Hopefully all our bickering here shall bear fruit one day & the next generation of hopeful cadets (which hopefully shall include me) will have a clearer path to tread.

Over and out.

aakhan
19th Feb 2012, 09:26
In the first batch of cadets gone to Australia for their core flying there were 6 cadets. What has happened to the other two? What is your success ratio? Have the other 2 been removed while Alpha has pocketed their money?

Zone 2 Alt
20th Feb 2012, 12:33
Just like to offer my congratulations to the graduating cadets. So pleasing to see so many from the first/second batch with their wings!

Well done for your tenacity and best of luck with your careers.

Mick B ex CGI

fatcadet
22nd Feb 2012, 02:47
Probationary PPRuNer bohdank,

Wonder which Mental Academy are you from?

aakhan
22nd Feb 2012, 04:50
That is a welcome news that GCAA orders that the ground school cannot recruit any more students for the time being. Well GCAA will act if cadets go to them with genuine grievances. How do they explain sending cadets back from Australia only after 32 hours of flying when they have paid Dh 150,000 for 80 hours of flight. No refund is made to them yet.

malirm
22nd Feb 2012, 08:20
Thank You Very much Captain Mick, You are in no doubt one of the best Ground instructors who handled our ground school training & examinations quiet to a high standard, you were there when we needed you & in no doubt MPL ground school wouldn't have been that rich if you were not there.

ThankYou for beleiving in us & training us :ok:

Guys, keep posting, the last thing I want to be is "Sarcastic", my flying is going on great (with full concentration) the same with my colleagues, what about yours? :)

@ bohd, calm down...don't post stuff until you are 100% sure of the GCAAs actions, AAG hasn't reached that far, & of course when you say freeze/stopping the training, this would include the whole training phases ;) but, pushing it all the way to Air Arabia & Line training sounds like...to be honest...Doubtful & in this case, I guess this applies to the rest of your post...Good RUMOUR though :ok:

honestpilot
22nd Feb 2012, 12:30
marlim according to u anything that is said against Alpha is classified as a rumour? Is it a rumour that AAG has been stopped from holding any flying classes!

It is f**king embarrassing for a flight school to be banned from flying! And insteading me being honest and trying to solve the problem I have AAG officials saying that it was AAG's decision to send us to Australia! They are hiding the fact that GCAA has banned them from flying!

malirm
22nd Feb 2012, 13:10
My dear, Everything against Alpha/Air Arabia/GCAA/me is a RUMOUR to me until proven Real/True/otherwise...give me evidence ;) I love PPRuNe

I know, as a matter of fact that, ever since the number of cadets has increased in 2011 & more core flying is required + the unsatisfactory performance of flight line (including the accidents/incidents) & the rate that the cadets were flying + costs...etc., AAGs plan was initially to transfer the training...FYI eversince I was in Clark (in 2010)...they were talking about it (the AAPA)...so, transferring the core flying out of the UAE & Philippines was the best idea/move being done & I personally envy the guys who were sent to AUS to fly (not only flying...this includes the Facilities & instructional Specs)...the transfer was going to happen ANYWAYS :)

I'm sorry to learn that the flight line has been Ordered to close down in UAE by the GCAA the last month(s)...to be honest...it was coming anyways, whether with accidents/incidents (GCAA) or even due to the demand (AAG)...So now...get me a flight school in the region that can compete with the AUS option :yuk:

Thanks for being honest, see you in March :ugh:

honestpilot
22nd Feb 2012, 14:10
If what ua re saying is true then AAG has been lying to me from the VERY start. During the interview they promised to me that the flying would take place in Shj. I made sure of it since I wanted to train in Shj. This gives me an advantage that I will be with my parents who can help me with stuff when needed so that I can concentrate on my flying. If I wanted to fly in Aus I would have joined AAPA from the very beginning.

In my opinion the fact that AAG has been banned from flying is embarrassing. Give me one flying school NOT owned by AAG that has been banned flying holding flying classes in their own home base. They have been closed down in clarke as well. Is this not all bad? Or is it only good because you have managed to finish off the course and no longer care what happens to the future of AAG.

The fact that GCAA has closed down the flying and entrance exams is NOT good. No matter how u try to defend it. I really wonder what AAPA must truly think of us!

Btw the photos a few posts above is from the second batch that went to Aus. Not first!

malirm
22nd Feb 2012, 21:06
The photos of "Air Arabia Graduation ceremony" is the one of the First Batch, the second one (AAG UAE's First Batch of Graduates at AAPA) is the Picture of the SECOND I confirm :ok:

Let me see you when Air Arabia or any other Airline asks you to go to ABY Maroc or ABY Egypt or any other hub for Pilot Shortage...or for any other reason & you say "NO" or talk about promises :sad:, ever since I entered the Aviation Industry at the age of 16, I learned that...in this field...EVERYTHING is Flexible & unexpected, it is RISKY whether with AAG, AAPA or Any other Institution or Airline...any old Aviation guy will say that...including my Family...:ugh:

It is embarrassing I know (The Closure of Flight Line)...but just nagging on that part & forgetting the fact of the AAPA alternative...would just sound strange :confused:

I care about the future of the CADETS & thus AAG, I have friends & Brothers in that Academy, I have instructors who teached me & made me the Man I wanted to be...I wanted to be here to tell you & all the others around...Don't be Pessimistic...stay Optimistic & if you are treated Badly or haven't received the training you paid for, let the GCAA know & the HOT know, Air Arabia won't accept a quality alteration...let them know too, they are approachable & reachable, after all, you will be helping...I have experienced it & it works great...just Pick the right words, timing & PLACE (The Magic will work) :cool:

Off to my Flight guys...this is a Tough week for the MPLers as we are the Pilots Flying all the way Outbound & Inbound :}

aakhan
24th Feb 2012, 03:38
The fact remains that GCAA closed down their ground school in Dec and Nov 2010 while cadets sat athome. There have been in the past cadets at ground school who were removed and not allowed to sit their third attempt. Two cadets have been sent back from Australia without cmpleting their 70 hours of flying. Cadets have been going to GCAA and complaing is a confirmed news. If Alpha wanted to voluntarily close their flightline then the cadets should have been informed at the time of joining.I was not. Now one cadet who has only two hours of flying left has to travel all the way to Australia to start flying all over again.

RP-C000
24th Feb 2012, 04:59
Photos of Alpha Aviation Group | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=233280790098867&set=pu.185481661545447&type=1&theater)

if ther so many issues as you guys claim why would an airline like AirPhil Express co-brand their booth with AAG Ph...

Ask the guys in AAPA are they not better off to be flying and learning Australia compared to Sharjaha.. airlines make changes to the training plans, Airbus and Boeing issue updates on training requirments.

Change is the only constant in aviation either adapt or be left out !

honestpilot
24th Feb 2012, 17:19
The guys who think that AAG decided to close their flying school out of their own accord should be shot!

Do any of u ave any common sense? I for one doubt it!

There were 4 students in the flight training in Shj as far as i know. 2 of them were just about to finish their flying! they only had 2 hours left. Now my friends have to go all the way to Australia to fly! Which school will do that? If they wanted to close thier flying school they would have done it after these students had finished their hours not done it when they had 2 hours left! AAG is LOSING money by sending these students to Aus. No business wants to lose money unless they have been forced to!

Please face these facts and not deny it because u do not want to admit that the school we have chosen sucks!

RP-C000
24th Feb 2012, 17:29
should be shot! :=:ugh::mad: so is this how future professional pilots talk ? and expect to pass an interview with HR dept of the airline :ugh::=:yuk:

aakhan
24th Feb 2012, 18:07
The same point I am trying to put across that why will any school close their flight line in the middle of their training when cadets have only 2 hours left. To gain reputation of a good academy you have to earn the good will of the cadets and not get their management and staff fill the prune with fase information.

honestpilot
24th Feb 2012, 18:55
RP what do u expect?! u are lying here! hiding the truth!

Greenkiwi
24th Feb 2012, 20:25
Attn Alpha:

Stratocruiser 377. In your recent post you refer to Teething Problems at Alpha. The Cambridge dictionary online definition of this plural noun is : "problems connected with a new product, or problems at the beginning of a process or activity": Note the word BEGINNING.

RP-C000. The Cambridge dictionary definition of Should be Shot is, "said when you think that someone's actions are extremely unreasonable". It has nothing to do with any physical act of violence.

BlueSky1
25th Feb 2012, 04:54
Stratocruiser377, you might want to get your facts straight, yes Alpha had announced that they would close the flight line in Sharjah, but only after they finished training all students that were currently flying. However they had an accident during a solo flight, and the GCAA put a stop to the flight training. This is why there are a few students who are stuck in Sharjah without having completed Core Flying, and now being delayed while waiting to go to Australia instead to continue.

BlueSky1
25th Feb 2012, 05:22
Hi Taras B, I had a look at your link to "our world today", and if I was in an Airline interview, and someone asked me to comment on that photo, I would sum it up in one word: "Alpha"

honestpilot
25th Feb 2012, 07:03
Sadly those students will have to start all over again and also have to wait until may!

Now tell me if that had happened to any one of u what would u think off it.

I spoke to one of the students and he is pissed. Very pissed.

and bluesky I LOVE ur thought on the picture!

BlueSky1
25th Feb 2012, 09:05
Honestpilot: I don’t think those students will have to start all over again. If I’m not mistaken, the company they are going to in Australia have developed a customised training plan for them, which includes conversion onto their aircraft, assessment flights, and then continuation of training from where they left off in Sharjah. This has all also been approved by the GCAA. (but I will have to double check to make sure this is correct).

risk
27th Feb 2012, 03:31
Gents (or ladies if any),

The TRUTH is that GCAA will not comment on anything, rightfully so, due to professionalism in the industry & their status as the overlords of the very safe UAE airspace. That said, the GCAA has asked AAG to NOT accept further cadets till they prove that they have enough instructors. So for now let us assume that the insufficiency of training staff MIGHT be disconcerting as in the aviation field one requires so much of attention per student.

That I can confirm, the rest of the discussion here I can’t comment on as I can’t confirm either side of it.

aakhan
27th Feb 2012, 13:33
Total case of discrimination. Two cadets were removed from Alpha recently in their coreflying and sent back from Australia. One cadet has succeeded in exerting enough pressure on Alpha and will be sent back to Australia at no extra cost to him to start from the flight he had failed. The other cadet has been left high and dry.

RP-C000
27th Feb 2012, 14:04
aakhan.. so tomorrow when you go try and get a job for an airline and you dont make grade and the Head of training grounds you.. will you call that discrimination..

the student is being removed from core flying for his own safety, if the AAPA instructors see him not making the grade then for his own and flight safety in general the pilot is grounded.

aakhan
27th Feb 2012, 19:26
If Alpha was a professionally run aviation academy then the cadets would have been handed the contract before paying the first installment. There is no sign of contract when cadets join. It appears mysteriously appears four months after joining and cadets are forced to sign under pressure.