PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Aviation Academy

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Dualinput
29th Jul 2012, 16:04
@ honestpilot...no need to do another ground school. I am from old school of thought and would still prefer to go via the conventional route of CPL/IR...however this is one of the good sides of MPL..it's is basically a frozen ATP (as per the carops). If you go to alpha they should be able to give you the ref...in the mean time let me see if I can dig out from my old documentation. I had done a comparative study between MPL/CPL and had gone thru the entire MPL regs...you will however have to do a skill-test (check ride) once you have the required hours....

@ pfpnf and vfenext...obviously u cannot log PIC! But can log PIC(US) I.e under supervision...these hours are counted towards requirements for the issue of higher grade of license...From the GCAA licensing part II below:

2.1.10 Crediting of Flight Time

2.1.10.1 A student pilot or the holder of a pilot licence shall be entitled to be credited in full with all solo, dual instruction and pilot in command flight time towards the total flight time required for the initial issue of a pilot licence or the issue of a higher grade of pilot licence.

2.1.10.2 The holder of a pilot licence, when acting as co-pilot of an aircraft required to be operated with a co-pilot, he/she shall be entitled to be credited with not more than 50 per cent of the co-pilot flight time towards the total flight time required for a higher grade of pilot licence.

2.1.10.3 The holder of a pilot licence when acting as co-pilot performing under the supervision of the pilot-in-command, the functions and duties of a pilot-in-command, shall be entitled to be credited in full with this flight time towards the total flight time required for a higher grade of pilot licence.

Hope this helps...cheers

pfvspnf
29th Jul 2012, 16:09
The holder of a pilot licence, when acting as co-pilot of an aircraft required to be operated with a co-pilot, he/she shall be entitled to be credited with not more than 50 per cent of the co-pilot flight time towards the total flight time required for a higher grade of pilot licence.

This is common in most ICAO countries but this does not mean that if you are PF you will be given 50% of the time as PIC. 50% of the time will count towards your ATPL. Co-pilot time PF or PNF is 50% that counts towards the ATPL. Total Time remains the same.

You have to be under supervision. I would really like to know from people here if ABY offers it. If you are not PIC under supervision you cannot log this towards the ATPL even if you are PF.

Dualinput
29th Jul 2012, 16:15
I know it's being done at ABY...just don't know the exact logistics...maybe the new FOs can throw some light....Marlim/etc where are you?????

stormiscoming
29th Jul 2012, 23:44
Are you sure about that? Heard that once you have 1500 hours you also get an ATPL since you already passed the subjects. Also Alpha says on their FAQ:

'With an MPL license you only need to acquire 1.500 hours of flying experience to turn your license in to a worldwide recognized Full ATPL license. There are no additional exams or test required for the conversion.'

The questions and concerns regarding MPL to ATPL are and have been approached numerous of times. As much as anyone can copy paste extracts from the CAR's or ICAO regulations it all comes down to interpretation of the law.
To justify this is the current situation not only in the UAE but also in the Philippines. Like myself, there are many MPL First officers, in both countries, who have reached more than 1500 hours logged in. And at this moment neither ATO has authorized a MPL conversion into an ATPL.
It becomes fruitless everyone here giving their opinion, even when its based on the CAR's because people in the right positions in their countries ATO, have and are discussing this matter.
I am happy this topic was approached because it seems to be another miss presentation on Alpha Aviation Group's FAQ part on their website to lure those with flying aspirations.

G-FULL
As much as everyone here will copy/paste definitions from the CAR's to either justify their point of view or give reason to what they are trying to say. The fact of the matter is that, like myself, no one with more than 1500 hours logged on the A320 have been able to convert to an ATPL.
Please take this information into consideration as you pursue your carrier as a pilot. I do wish you the best of success.

RP-C000
30th Jul 2012, 01:13
stormiscoming The fact of the matter is that, like myself, no one with more than 1500 hours logged on the A320 have been able to convert to an ATPL. .. have you logged 1500 hrs on A320 under the MPL ?

Any regulator who has issued you the MPL will issue you the ATPL once you complete all the published requirements for the ATPL. When a country accepted the ICAO MPL; the regulator will recognise all hours flown under the MPL. GCAA & CAAP will do the same.
Hence you should have no issue ins converting your MPL to a standard ATPL once you have met the requirements.:ok:

stormiscoming
30th Jul 2012, 02:52
To answer your question nicely, Yes.
Not only have I logged a lot more then 1500 hours on type A320, so has many of my other colleagues in the various airlines in the Philippines. And from my knowledge so have the cadets that went to Air Arabia from Clark Av.

To answer the same question bluntly, Yes dear, why you would ask such a stupid question is beyond my comprehension since its clearly stated that, not only myself but many others have a MPL with more than 1500 hours.

Again one must ask the big question to you. Just how much do you know of what you are marketing. It is clear to everyone here for awhile now, that your knowledge is limited to what AAG tells you, and that you understand AAG past the way they want you to know. And that's fine with us, no one can blame you for what you know have been told and what in fact is the truth.

Advice has been given to you by many to stick to the marketing side, which is what you get paid to do in any case. No one will throw a stone at someone who does a good honest job.
So again, stick to posting facebook links and what not but don't talk about things you have no idea about. If you have any doubts on an issue, check, verify and check again before posting.

pfvspnf
30th Jul 2012, 07:57
@storm

That clears up a lot. Did they give you PIC under supervision? From my understanding it is not done.

How much PIC total time do you have? Is that the reason for the delay?

honestpilot
31st Jul 2012, 03:34
k so now you are basically saying that storm and his colleagues are lying?

To get an ATPL u need a CPL. Not the same as an MPL

Essentially, the MPL is not a portable license, and was never intended to be.

And if what ua re saying is true please show us PROOF.

Something which you fail at every time!

stormiscoming
31st Jul 2012, 08:52
No Strato, the only ignorant here is you and it seems you have no problems in telling the world that your one, with the type of "factual" posts you write.

You are the spitting example of when people say "IGNORANCE IS BLISS".

You and Alpha Aviation Group have the same professional and operating standards and so neither of you belong in the aviation business.... In the real World there are rules, regulations and Laws that everyone has to abide by and follow.
Its the same "Bob's your uncle" attitude, the whole reason why AAG has the mess they have right now.
And NO again strato, no one will also forget the "EMOTIVE" side of the :mad: that AAG has and still causes. Flying is a carrier as it is a passion for all of us and having a company like ALPHA AVIATON GROUP mess with the dreams of people just for a "buck" with a "Bob's your uncle" professional standard, is a sin.

malirm
1st Aug 2012, 03:15
Hi Guys, just to clarify things about MPL/ATPL conversion & the way we ABY FOs Log our hours...

A GCAA MPL can be upgraded/changed to ATPL Provided you meat the following:
- Completed ATPL Ground School/GCAA exams
- Total of 1500 hours of flight time of which:
1. Only a Max of 100 hours of Sim time can be considered (proper licensed Sim)
2. Minimum of 500 Hours of PIC or PIC(US) time
3. Certain Number of Minimum Cross-Countries to do (Not Applicable to us)...since we are Cross-Country(s) flyers
4. Some night time as PF or PNF doesn't matter
- ATPL Check (can be done on a real aircraft or Sim...usually Sim) done by ANY certified GCAA examiner...usually FOs here do it when they go for their PPCs (Pilot Proficiency Check) that is done twice a year as usual...

That is as far as I know about the requirements for ATPL

Going to the Logbook Part:

Whenever I am the PF, I log the hours in the PIC column, then write in the remarks on the far right side "PICUS" and ask the Captain to sign for me just beside it with his ATPL License number...this was an email from the GCAA inspector to us, the email included the 500 hour requirement aswell :ok:

RP-C000
1st Aug 2012, 03:22
GCAA has also lowered the required number of base training for all future AAG MPL cadets .. 9 TO and LNDG from the earlier requirement of 12 TO/LNDG.

This is after regular reports complied by ABY training team to GCAA to prove the flying capability of MPL cadets.:ok: :D

Another sign MPL is fast gaining more acceptance.

Air Arabia current fleet consist of 27 new Airbus A320 aircraft. The company has an existing order with for 44 Airbus A320 aircraft. Fleet | Air Arabia (http://www.airarabia.com/crp_1/fleet&stitle=fleet&pid=125)

given the expansion plans more MPL cadets will be needed.

pfvspnf
1st Aug 2012, 08:41
Thanks marlim,

So it looks like they are letting you log PIC Under Supervision.

If someone could post the relevant CAR or Advisory circular regarding MPL. That would be great.

honestpilot
1st Aug 2012, 08:46
The only conclusion that can be drawn from this quote is that for an examiner to be able to observe the required number of tasks to be completed satisfactorily during (fair weather) MPL base training, a minimum of 9 T&L were found to be required--no doubt to save time and money for the airline, which are two very good reasons indeed. But you cannot use this data to broadly support any statements about the abilities of MPL-trained pilots.

I agree with this 100%. The students from the previous batch all told me that the number of T/O and Landings are not confirmed. Apparently there was a meeting with one of the officers from Air Arabia. He apparently told the students that they will change their programmes to suit the quality of the MPL programme

RP-C000
1st Aug 2012, 12:15
GCAA shares e-licensing experience with Bahraini counterpart | GCAA | AMEinfo.com (http://www.ameinfo.com/gcaa-shares-e-licensing-experience-bahraini-counterpart-306804)

The General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), represented by Licensing Department, received a delegation from the Kingdome of Bahrain Civil Aviation Affairs. The delegation headed by Eng. Adel Al Sabah, Chief Aviation Permits and licensing, was received by Captain Khalid Humaid Al Ali, Director of Licensing at GCAA, along with several representations from aeromedical section and E-licensing team.

The visit took place in GCAA's Regional Office in Dubai last week.

The visit comes in line with GCAA and Bahraini Civil Aviation Affairs' efforts exchange experience and expertise about license, and specifically in the e-licensing service launched by GCAA last months.

"E-Licensing service reflects the framework of the UAE Government aiming at developing electronic services across all governmental sectors," expressed Captain Al Ali, Director of Licensing at GCAA.

"Implementing E-licensing would save a lot of time for pilots, engineers and others working in the aviation sector and we are glad to share our experience with other states in the GCC region." Al Ali added.

An official visit to Alpha Aviation Academy took place where both delegates were received by the Academy Quality Manager and Head of Training.
A prolonged brief and representation of the Academy activities have been discussed with a focus on the Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) Program as one of the promising programs in the aviation sector.

GCAA's Licensing department issued during last month alone 1,163 license varied between Cabin Crew, Air Traffic Controller, and aeromedical licensing.

malirm
1st Aug 2012, 12:22
Guys, I can read in other people's posts that MPL's quality & outcome is not good or not upto the standard or not trust worthy...etc. :eek:

My friends & I (guys who made it through line training & who are still doing it from the other batches) would say something else, I am 100% sure if I wasn't upto the standards ABY wouldn't pass me in the line training & let me become the SECOND in Command, so please give me & Air Arabia a break here...want to go after AAG, it is a COMPLETELY different story...but kep in-mind that ABY's feedback & our feedback is present & a lot has changed to make it more practical (unlike a normal abinitio CPL training) :ok:

Almost every single Captain doesn't care whether I am MPL or CPL (alotough very very few did & I personally changed their opinion as well as my friends, especially from Top of Descent to approach & landing), as long as I have the 3 stripes NOBODY cares, some of them would be interested in "since when I joined the Company" and if anybody from my family is with ABY...etc. normal colleague to colleague discussion...

@ pfvspnf, no wories...my pleasure ^_^ I will try to find something regarding it, but as far as GCAA MPL is concerned, we are following the PIC(US) recording procedure that the GCAA told us about (what I mentioned in my latest post) :ok:

FYI, CAAP MPL holders who came into UAE & are now with ABY, are currently under the process, I will ask them & get back to you about the LIVE conversion process, I guess being a previous CAAP license holder would need some more work...just a guess though...brb ;)

RP-C000
1st Aug 2012, 12:23
View Service Card (http://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/pages/viewservicecard.aspx?_ID=158&_T=Initial%20issue%20of%20PPL,CPL,ATPL,MPL,IR)

If someone could post the relevant CAR or Advisory circular regarding MPL. That would be great.

honestpilot
1st Aug 2012, 14:43
marlim none of us are saying anything bad about Air Arabia or ur flying skills!

Infact tarasb praised Air Arabia!

What we are saying is that it maybe difficult to change MPL into ATPL. After all ATPL is slightly harder and more time consuming!

When i searched the net I got negative feedback which did not exactly please me! :(

G-FULL
1st Aug 2012, 15:57
I've been all through the GCAA website and there is nothing about the conversion of MPL into a Full ATPL but I will give them the benefit of the doubt because their website CAAP/CAR's have not been updated since 2010. I have sent an official letter to the GCAA in order to query about the conversion and will let you guys know what's the outcome.

In contrast, I contacted AAG and this is exactly what they said

With an MPL license you only need to acquire 1.500 hours of flying experience to turn your license in to a worldwide recognized Full ATPL license. There are no additional exams or test required for the conversion.

and

After completing the required line training plus the guaranteed flying hours with our partner airline, you will be equipped with 1.500 flying hours, which makes you eligible to get your ATPL license. There are no additional exams or test required for this conversion. An ATPL license is recognized worldwide.
It is not possible to convert an MPL into a CPL license or vice versa at any time.

Let's see what the GCAA will answer.

GFULL

honestpilot
1st Aug 2012, 18:44
if what AAg says is true then here is some info for you.

I planned to leave AAG after i had completed my ground school exams. I went to a few of the flying school across the middle east and they all asked me to redo the ground school exams. To make matters worse I had to resit the whole of the ground school hours!?

Why? Because I was doing the MPL.

If it is so easy to convert then why is it that i had such difficulty. I provided them with proof that I passed all my exams. Yet, they showed no interest.

If an MPL can be converted when u do the 1500 hours then sure;y u can convert the exams. Same books and same exams after all.

cyrilroy21
1st Aug 2012, 21:08
My opinion on the MPL program

1. From my limited knowledge of the MPL program it contains more simulator hours on a full flight simulator ( take the A320 for eg ) before the candidates are sent for line training on the actual aircraft . I believe this is in excess of 100 hours on an FFS
Am I right ?

2. Compare that to a regular low hour CPL holder who receives on average 34-50 hours on average on the Full Flight Simulator before being released to the actual aircraft for flying duties . These hours are the bare minimum required to be qualified on the said aircraft type .

Comparing the above two an MPL holder will naturally perform better in flying a multi crew aircraft due to the higher number of hours in the full motion sim than your average low hour CPL holder

How many agree with me in the above said point ?

An MPL holder will have more time to fiddle around in the sim , make mistakes , learn from them....... than a bare CPL holder who has to use the limited amount of SIM time to learn as much as they can learn .

Why the limited amount of SIM time for a bare CPL holder ?

Money ofcourse .

It costs a lot money to train someone in excess of 100 hours on a Full Flight Sim . Something the airlines have been avoiding all this while even though they knew from before that it takes a lot more than the bare minimum to teach someone to properly fly a Multi Crew Jet Engined Aircraft .

Now that the MPL program has come up airlines can easily pass this cost on to the candidate .

I believe that for the MPL program to survive airlines in the future will have to bear the cost or a part of the cost of training as there are only a hand full of people who will be able to pay the cost of an MPL program . If they dont pay for it , it will lead to a pilot shortage .

Cyril Roy

RP-C000
2nd Aug 2012, 01:45
cyrilroy21 very true that is the objective of the MPL to get low time pilot faster as a line FO; for a normal CPL it takes a lot of line training to release them as an FO.

With regards to paying for training this is a commercial issue and will be different from each airline. Mind you even BA and LH MPL cadets pay for their training.

Airlines now treat pilot training just like and MBA or engineering degree that the student must pay himself before he can be eligible for a job. Thats the hard fact.

malirm
2nd Aug 2012, 03:30
Hi guys, while flying back to Sharjah, one of the X-Clark MPL holder (an ABY FO) was with me as a Passenger & we discussed this matter, here is what I know as a fact:

Fact 1: Surprisingly, all of the MPL holders (X-Clark) who joined ABY 20 months ago, are converting their licenses to ATPL, so we might here the news in the coming few weeks.

Fact 2: For the guys who converted their foreign MPL license to a GCAA one (as in X-Clark case), in order to upgrade it to ATPL, they need to go through an ATPL Course & Examination(s) again. While if the MPL was originally issued from UAE GCAA (AAG Sharjah), there's no need to go through the ATPL ground school or exams again...the rest stays the same from my 3rd last post :ok:

honestpilot
2nd Aug 2012, 03:31
http://www.pprune.org/7305852-post531.html

See that link. That is one proof that MPL can be sponsored. If airlines do that then they will only take the number of students that they need.

I am sure that in the future at some point Air Arabia will be saturated with MPL students.

Airlines now treat pilot training just like and MBA or engineering degree that the student must pay himself before he can be eligible for a job. Thats the hard fact. You cannot compare them! MBA and engineering degrees are MUCH cheaper! MBA in the US at the BEST unis only cost $40k and that includes the living costs.

IN AAG the course costs about $120k not including the extra money we need to spend when we sign on with Air Arabia. It also does not include any living costs!

So yeh AAG is more expensive than those programmes!

Hell it is as expensive as becoming a doctor and that course takes 6 years :S

RP-C000
2nd Aug 2012, 03:52
Fact 1: Surprisingly, all of the MPL holders (X-Clark) who joined ABY 20 months ago, are converting their licenses to ATPL, so we might here the news in the coming few weeks.

These pilots will create history in aviation to be the worlds first MPL to full ATPL on A320:D

RP-C000
2nd Aug 2012, 07:24
with 44 a/c confirmed orders even if ABY decides for some strange reason to dump highly qualified future captains for their airline.. these MPLs will be welcomed with open arms back home in Philippines where there is a desperate shortage of sr FO with an ATPL on A320

malirm
2nd Aug 2012, 13:07
Just to share this piece of Info...Just 10 Days ago we received the 11th NEW A320...the A6-ANK (Which was a Pleasure to fly) out of the 44 ordered...i.e. 33 to go...

Another Fact: Starting from next year, we are going to receive 2 A320s every Month...not any A320...it is the A320-neo ;) & thus covering further Cities

Air Arabia Inflight Safety Video 2012 - YouTube

vfenext
2nd Aug 2012, 14:34
No new ideas in Air Arabia? This was done long time ago by somebody else. Thomson were doing it in 2009!!Thomson Airways Safety Video 2009 - YouTube

fluffy5
2nd Aug 2012, 15:15
Looking at the above comments, and my experience in the middle east dealing with certaine emirates and their proposed business ventures especially in aviation, and communicating on a regular bases with the GCAA.
Alpha aviation as Tara's B is pointing out is pretty much correct, the only reason these guys are still around is that certain people have certain contacts that allow them to operate in this manner, in the emirates.
As for air Arabia as the leading short haul airline, well forgive me that an airline is bank rolled large sums of money to not fail, for the present moment, and massive fuel discounts........ Well just another airline in the middle east.
As for Malrim, good for you and your determination, and now you are sitting in the right seat, hopefully you can gain time and experience to convert to a Atpl, we only comment on such matters is that we have seen it so many times before over the years. Now it is MPL , to bring in cadets to pay from their own pocket, years ago many different airlines thought of different strategies to bring in cadets at a cheap cost, all I hope for you now is that you reach to convert to an Atpl , before this airline pushes the button.

Fluffy

pfvspnf
2nd Aug 2012, 16:03
@fluffy

Why so bitter?

Air Arabia has proven time and time again that the low cost model has translated into success which has led to the expansion of its fleet. The customer never had a low cost option in the region and ABY has been a pioneer in driving this growth to pass on its cost savings to the customer.

I feel they haven't fallen short in the selection and training of crew, the interview process is grueling and the training standards during operations are set high.

AAG? Lots of mistakes have been made. Nobody doubts that but I do see improvements being made as the partner airline is getting more involved. I still see a LOT of grey areas where MPL is concerened and only time will tell what exactly the regulations will stipulate with regards to the ATPL conversion but as I have said time and time again its the fastest way to the airline. If I had the choice I would have gone the MPL route when I first started my training. ( Not to say that flying in the bush, instructing, corporate flying at low wages wasn't fun but the ultimate airline goal takes time in the traditional route)

malirm
2nd Aug 2012, 17:23
@ Vfenext

I didn't mention that it wasn't done before !!! Even Air Arabia knows that :ok:

Check lines 3,4 & 5 ;)

News Details | Air Arabia (http://www.airarabia.com/news-details?nid=131&ppage=)

@ Fluffy5

Thanks for the Hopes & Wishes :ok: talking about the contacts in GCAA, well, that was the case until the End of 2010...then there were no contacts ;)

As long as I am SATISFACTORILY doing my Job, I guess, I will stick around with ABY for a while, maybe a BIG while...only time can tell...when I joined AAG & thus ABY in 2009, I wasn't that sure about Airarabia's commitments to let us in...but getting in-touch with the Management (All Management) including the CEO, I felt there were no boundaries, with their Open Door Policy, I can raise my point(s)/Comment(s) on the spot & get an immediate reply...Which gives me a rough idea of what is awaiting us...MPL

Talking about fuel discounts...well, being a FO & thus one of the Authorized people to sign for Fuel Receipts...I guess it is not the case with Air Arabia PJSC, google "PJSC" :) you might be right...maybe it is done on the other side of the airport (in the accountants office)...:confused:

future-pilot
3rd Aug 2012, 09:19
Can anyone at Alpha aviation UAE tell me how is the quality of training (ground and flight training)? I don't want to spend money for a training which is not good, the life of many people will depend on me.

Mr. R
4th Aug 2012, 08:03
well that's new anything official from either side???

future-pilot
5th Aug 2012, 11:23
Hi guys,
I've received some documents from Alpha Aviation, one of which states that we have to pay for line training ( not included in the US $140,000). :=

I've also received the schedule for selection:

Day 1 : Aptitude and personality tests
Day 2 : English/Maths/Physics tests and Personal Interview
Day 3 : Group exercises and Interview with Air Arabia pilots
The cost for selection is AED 1,500. :{

Initially I thought that all the ground and sim instructors are UAE nationals but I've read on other forums that they are Uk nationals, Is that true? It doesn't make any difference to me, just curious to know.

RP-C000
5th Aug 2012, 12:04
Initially I thought that all the ground and sim instructors are UAE nationals but I've read on other forums that they are Uk nationals, Is that true? It doesn't make any difference to me, just curious to know.

just like every airline in UAE there is a good mix of UAE nationals and EU expats.:ok: best wishes for the assessment... pls practise your English v imp for the test.

future-pilot
5th Aug 2012, 12:14
Thanks RP-C000 :ok:

Do you know how much does the line training cost?

Mr. R
5th Aug 2012, 12:26
I just finished an assessment over two days only. Is that normal or is it because of Ramadhan timings??

RP-C000
5th Aug 2012, 14:26
Multi-crew Pilot Licence (MPL) | Alpha Aviation Group (http://www.alphaaviationgroup.com/academies/united-arab-emirates/courses-on-offer/multi-crew-pilot-licence-mpl/)

you can download all the info from here.

Mr. R pls give your feedback how was the assessments...

future-pilot
5th Aug 2012, 14:39
you can download all the info from here.
there is nothing about the cost of line training.

RP-C000
5th Aug 2012, 14:53
Main: +971 6 557 4243 ext. 114
Mobile.: +971 50 170 6153
Fax: +971 6 557 4246
Email: [email protected]

here is contact info

Mr. R
5th Aug 2012, 15:21
just noticed the course page outline has changed and the references are from CAAP not GCAA

Overall the assessment was professional but not complete as I expected

future-pilot
5th Aug 2012, 15:30
just noticed the course page outline has changed and the references are from CAAP not GCAA
I've noticed the same mistake!

Overall the assessment was professional but not complete as I expected Why not? what did they say?
Check you private message Mr. R

Radar Contact
5th Aug 2012, 18:39
Gulf Aviation Academy (GAA) have signed a contract to train new cadets with Alpha Aviation Academy and which includes base and line training with Air Arabia.

GAA has bad reputation within Bahrain because it has recently abandoned 80 Bahraini JAA/IR/MEP holders to find them jobs.

And once a person asked GAA 'how come not help us find jobs but you have for the new cadets?'
The reply was from Khalid: 'let's take an example, would you choose a car made in 2011 or a car made in 2013, that's the same thing with you guys'

Go figure

Khaled Khalaf and Ahmed Al-Jowder are customer service representatives from GAA.

GAA did not sign anything yet and nothing is official as of 8/5/2012. I am wondering why are you mentioning their full names on the forums :rolleyes:

RP-C000
6th Aug 2012, 04:28
ICAO | FLS | FAQs (http://legacy.icao.int/icao/en/trivia/peltrgFAQ.htm#31) from ICAO website

Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL)

What is the MPL?

The MPL allows a pilot to exercise the privileges of a co-pilot in a commercial air transportation on multi-crew aeroplanes. It provides the aviation community with an opportunity to train pilots directly for co-pilot duties. It is a new licence that has been introduced in addition to the existing pilot licences defined in Annex 1 — Personnel Licensing.

The licence focuses on ab initio airline pilot training. MPL training and assessment will be competency-based and involve a multi-crew environment and threat and error management from the onset. It provides for greater use of flight simulation training devices and include mandatory upset training. At this stage, only aeroplanes are considered for this new licence. The details of the requirements for the licence are contained in Annex 1 — Personnel Licensing and in the Procedures for Air Navigation Services — Training (PANS-TRG). These documents outline the minimum international Standard for the implementation of the MPL by any State; they can be purchased directly from ICAO through the Document Sales Unit.

Will the MPL be recognized by Contracting States?

As a licence defined by ICAO the MPL will be recognized by all ICAO Contracting States even by those that may decide not to establish an MPL as a licence within their own States. More details on the recognition of licences by other States can be found on the FAQ on "International recognition of flight crew licences".

What is a multi-crew aeroplane?

It is an aeroplane that requires a flight crew of at least two pilots. One of them is the pilot-in-command (the captain) and the other is the co-pilot (or first officer). All jet air transport aeroplanes and the vast majority of turbine powered air transport aircraft and business jet are multi-crew aeroplanes. The definition in Annex 1 — Personnel Licensing states that it is: "an aircraft required to be operated with a co-pilot as specified in the flight manual or by the air operator certificate."

Do I have to hold a MPL to be a co-pilot on a muti-crew aeroplane?

No, the co-pilot on a multi-crew aeroplane can hold either a MPL or a CPL endorsed with an instrument rating and a type rating on a multi-crew aircraft.

What are the differences between the CPL and the MPL?

For the purposes of operating multi-crew aircraft, the privileges of a MPL are equivalent to those of CPL endorsed with an instrument rating and a type rating on a multi-crew aircraft. However, and because the MPL is geared toward operation of multi-crew airplane, an MPL pilot cannot generally fly on single pilot aeroplane without meeting additional requirements. For example, MPL holders cannot exercise the privileges of a CPL and instrument ratings on single pilot aeroplane without meeting specific actual flight time and flight instruction requirements.

A number of MPL courses may be a modification of the current JAA frozen ATPL or the Transport Canada and FAA CPL/Multi-engine training, but it is expected that the majority will follow the guidance proposed in the Procedures for Air Navigation Services — Training (PANS-TRG) document.

What are the minimum flight hours required for the MPL?

The ICAO Standard for the MPL specifies 240 hours as the minimum number of actual and simulated flight hours performing the functions of the pilot flying and the pilot non-flying. However, the Standard does not specify the breakdown between actual and simulated flight hours and thus allow part of the training curriculum that was traditionally conducted on aeroplane to be done on flight simulation training devices (FSTDs). However, there is a requirement that the applicant meets all the actual flying time for a private pilot licence plus additional actual flying time in instrument, night flying and upset recovery.

Why was the MPL established?

The MPL was established to respond to the growing demand in the aviation training community that felt that the current regulatory regime that dictated a large number of flying hours in solo and on a smaller aircraft was not the most efficient and safe way to train pilots for copilot duties on jet transport aircraft.

Further, there was some perceived negative training in the apprenticeship model that was first developed for flight training in the post second world war era. A number of training organizations and airlines were adamant that modern training techniques and research into the use of modern training devices such as flight simulation training devices needed to be recognized within the ICAO licensing structure. The ICAO Air Navigation Commission formed a Flight Crew Licensing and Training Panel to explore the options and opportunities to address the shortcomings of some current licensing requirements. The competency-based concept and the MPL licence were the outcome of that panel's deliberations.

How can the MPL be implemented?

ICAO has developed the Procedures for Air Navigation Services — Training (PANS-TRG) document to support the implementation of the MPL and will monitor developments in this area through a proof of concept programme. This programme will involve stakeholders from regulatory bodies and industry. In addition, an Air Training Organization must meet the prescribed organizational standards which are also outlined in Annex 1 — Personnel Licensing and the Procedures for Air Navigation Services — Training (PANS-TRG).

What is the status of the MPL regulatory provisions?

The ICAO Council adopted the provisions related to the MPL as part of Amendment 167 to Annex 1 — Personnel Licensing on 10 March 2006. The new provisions will become applicable on 23 November 2006.

RP-C000
6th Aug 2012, 05:22
FOR THOSE WHO WANTED INFO ON MPL TO ATPL

JAR–FCL 1.290 Flight instruction
(See Appendix 1 to JARFCL
1.261(d))
(See AMC FCL 1.261(d))
An applicant for an ATPL(A) shall be the
holder of a CPL(A), a multi-engine instrument
rating(A) and have received instruction in multicrew
co-operation as required by JAR–FCL
1.261(d) (see Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.261(d)
and AMC FCL 1.261(d)) [or be the holder of a
MPL(A)].
[Amdt.3, 01.07.03; Amdt.7, 01.12.06]

aakhan
6th Aug 2012, 05:24
I totally agree to Taras B post. To all the future cadets who are thinking of joining Alpha please go through this thread and think twice. You will find for yourself that you were warned here many times by present and past cadets of this academy.

traveller93
6th Aug 2012, 12:22
The side tracking of the real issues continues by the employees of AAG.....

They continue to deviate the attention from the AAG lack of ethics to the merits of the MPL training, which are not in question here.

Despite repeated statements that AAG has fixed all the original mistakes, strato and RP-C000 have chosen to ignore the terrible issues affecting the still unemployed MPL pilots graduated from AAG-Clark in the Philippines.

Isn't it true that they were promised employment upon completion of the course? When will AAG honour their word?

Tread carefully around AAG..... very carefully.....

stillpilot
9th Aug 2012, 13:00
Hello

What about working as a FI for AAG, is there someone here can talk about that?
Thank you

delay256
9th Aug 2012, 20:05
They have moved the core flying phase to australia, the only opportunities are MCC and ground instructors which require a great deal of experience. If you are a TRI/TRE, experienced AME or have something spectacular to bring to the table I would suggest you apply.

RP-C000
9th Aug 2012, 23:10
AAG is looking for FIs to be based in Clark Philippines; FI are also offered a discounted type rating at the end of the contract. A fleet of C172 glass cockpit is coming soon.

future-pilot
10th Aug 2012, 19:19
Is anyone in this forum who studied at alpha UAE now flying for Air Arabia?

RP-C000
11th Aug 2012, 03:12
malirm

traveller93
14th Aug 2012, 12:37
RC-C000 and strato's absence has been noticed. All RP's comments have been deleted......

It seems that AAG's upper management had a hand in this misterious disappearance of two hard core defenders of their business practices.

Why would that be?

RP-C000
15th Aug 2012, 02:51
we are busy doing our day job mate... alive and well and super good news coming soon
not sure which of my comments are deleted ? :ok:

traveller93
17th Aug 2012, 03:30
What happened to cause the failure of these AAG grandiose plans?

Training special: Alpha Aviation's Philippine fillip (http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/training-special-alpha-aviations-philippine-fillip-212485/)

Why did Nigel Harwood leave AAG in 2007?

traveller93
17th Aug 2012, 03:43
This is how AAG lured people to join them.....

Read the PPT and compare what they said at the APATS and what happened afterwards.

Harwood Ppt Presentation (http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/brod-59343-Harwood-Regional-Pilot-Shortages-Asia-Content-Alpha-Aviation-Group-as-Travel-Places-Nature-ppt-powerpoint/)

Has anything changed since then?

The answer is a sound, NO!!!!!!

vfenext
19th Aug 2012, 04:39
I'm surprised AAG management didn't stop RP sooner. The posts were total spam and a very amateur attempt to promote a licence which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

RP-C000
19th Aug 2012, 05:30
stop me from telling the facts ? no one is stopping me mate.

The last 4 guys from MPL course in Philippines have passed their A320 check rides and are going to complete their base training (weather permitting ) on their way to successful employment :D

New batches starting soon with cadets from GAA Bahraini nationals all to fly with Air Arabia.

RP-C000
27th Aug 2012, 00:01
not banned by anyone... still here !... AAG is on to bigger projects; MPL is growing fast. AAG and GAA have partnered to provide GCC nationals with excellent employment opportunities under the Air Arabia MPL programme. :D:ok:

TARAS B see you tomorrow at APATS, AAG is at Booth 41; we hope we can have a discussion like professionals and help you solve your issues. ;)

honestpilot
27th Aug 2012, 03:27
Where are you RP? Please come back. I miss all of your comments, socking to the miscreants such as TARAS B, TRAVELLER 93 etc, spreading lies and disparaging remarks about AAG and MPL in general. Did AAG Management really ban you, or did you just get bored with the misguided comments of idiots?

If she got bored of these posts why would she have deleted all of her posts?

The fact that she deleted her posts only means that AAG asked her to do so.
ie her posts hurt AAG instead of helping them!

traveller93
27th Aug 2012, 05:27
Good observation, honestpilot

On the other hand, strato is in a different ball game. He is fully aware of the reasons for RP's disappearance from the forums and is just trying to set up a diversion from the matters at hand.

Lets say, he is beginning to feel the heat of the true facts stated here regarding the malpractices done by AAG. Malpractices that have had and have very negative impact in many families.

Stratos' attempts to conceal the truth are simply pathetic and revealed in his continued distortion of what is dealt with here.

Only the AAG malpractices and not the merits of the MPL training.

But he likes to play dumb.......

RP-C000
27th Aug 2012, 10:35
If she got bored of these posts why would she have deleted all of her posts?.. what you talking about mate... which post is deleted. :=

honestpilot
29th Aug 2012, 07:48
strato I would not worry

You will never see her here again! ;)

RP-C000
29th Aug 2012, 15:01
why do you say that ?:rolleyes:

FlyingDumbells
5th Sep 2012, 15:07
Saw an add for the MPL with Alpha, posted up just today. Looked ok until I skimmed through the posts on here.:yuk:

Is the situation still the same there?

The MPL got me thinking. I have a casa cpl already, but what would one have to do with regards to theory to get a MPL theory credit in Australia. Some of the terms are below from Civil Aviation Order 40.1.8. My real question though, would be, Does a cpl holder need do all 7 subjects again due to the ''must pass all exams in 3 years part'', or does he just continue on to the atpls if not done as I know that they are needed passed within 3 years in traditional training...:hmm:

1 MP(A)L theory examinations
The separate examination parts for a MP(A)L theory examination are as follows
with the relevant abbreviation:
(a) CNAV – Navigation;
(b) CMET – Meteorology;
(c) CHUF – Human Factors;
(d) CLW – Flight Rules and Air Law – Aeroplane;
(e) CADA – Aerodynamics – Aeroplane;
(f) AFPA – Flight Planning – Aeroplane;
(g) APLA – Performance and Loading-Aeroplane;
(h) AASA – Aerodynamics and Aircraft Systems – Aeroplane;
(i) ANAV – Navigation – Aeroplane and Helicopter;
(j) AMET – Meteorology – Aeroplane and Helicopter;
(k) AHUF – Human Factors – Aeroplane and Helicopter;
(l) AALW – Air Law – Aeroplane and Helicopter;
(m) IREX – Instrument Rating Examination;
(n) the type rating examination for the METPA on which the person’s MP(A)L
flight training is conducted.
2 MP(A)L theory examination pass marks
2.1 For a pass in the MP(A)L theory examination, a student must pass all of the
examination parts mentioned in subclause 1.1 within 3 years of passing the first
examination part

Mr. R
5th Sep 2012, 16:00
Is the situation still the same there?

most of these harrowing incidents took place in Clark NOT Sharjah

what would one have to do with regards to theory to get a MPL theory credit in Australia?

MPL theory is basically ATPL theory but some of the other stuff you do like flying don't count at all towards getting an MPL license

RP-C000
6th Sep 2012, 00:41
MPL, Multi-crew Pilot Licence (MPL), Multi crew Pilot training, Multi Pilot Training | Alpha Aviation Group (http://www.alphaaviationgroup.com/academies/united-arab-emirates/courses-on-offer/multi-crew-pilot-licence-mpl/)

Careers List | Air Arabia (http://www.airarabia.com/careers-list?department=7&location=&keyword=&imageField.x=45&imageField.y=9)

download the course info from the AAG link.

Sky81
17th Sep 2012, 05:54
Hellooo what happen with this thread?
Whats new on AAA?
Anyone? :oh:

stormiscoming
7th Oct 2012, 05:06
@ flyingdumbells and strato
You can get a MPL licence with a CPL. I should know, I already had a CPL when I entered into Clark Av (re branded Alpha Av Group), as did many other fellow students. With some of the students getting 100% free scholarship while the rest of us getting a 50% discount from Alpha.
What you cannot do is jump the core flying just because you have a CPL already. And just so you know, in some ATO's in certain countries that have the MPL in their CAR's there is a conversion process for MPL to CPL and visa versa.

Its not as black and white as strato mentions. then again almost everything strato has ever said is more in the spectrum of grey and blur.

traveller93
9th Oct 2012, 13:00
Note the contradiction:

Every student that completed their MPL Training in the Philippines was provided line training, either with Cebu Pacific, Air Arabia, Zest, AirPhil, PAL or Seair.

This leaves one European still seeking a job.

This now A320 MPL pilot enrolled in the beginning of 2007 for what was to be a 12 to 18 month course, paid in full in advance and with promised employment........ 5 1/2 years later is still unemployed. Why?

What has AAG done to resolve this dramatic situation? What alternate qualification training (CPL/IR/TR) has AAG proposed or provided? What form of a refund or compensation was proposed by AAG?

It is easy to blame the cadets for dropping out for "running out of funds"..... Who would not run out of money, after the tremendous delays in the original schedule, other than the full sponsored students?

Strato must think that money grows in trees......

The MPL program is a competency based type training. How can anyone accept that so many were terminated after being assessed competent to undergo the program? Probably the selection process was not up to standard.... Makes you think, doesn't it? Again, it is easy to blame the students....

Finally, strato admits that wrongdoings were done in the past by the original management and subsequent top teams. He says that now it is different.... Is it?

When managers don't perform as required, the company changes the team to protect its good name and fulfill its objective profitably. AAG changed its team several times but always managed to get the same type of crooks. They did not resolve any issues. On the contrary.....

AAG has to come to the real world and admit that there will be no peace until the old issues are justly resolved.

Strato (an AAG manager) can continue to try to divert the attention from the scam that Clark Aviation is, but he cannot run away from the truth. Facts are facts and they don't change just because one says so.

The solution is totally in the hands of AAG and its owners top management.

stormiscoming
14th Oct 2012, 10:54
Strato
Stormiscoming, if you truly had a CPL when you joined the MPL Programme then you are virtually unique and this could only happen in the Philippines.
There's nothing unique about me strato. If anything I could name at least 14 others that had a CPL before joining Clark Av (aka Alpha Av now).
And its not "this could only happen in the Philippines" its this can only happen in Alpha's Academies :}:}:}:ugh::ugh:

why would anyone spend USD $40K on a CPL (TWICE THAT IN COUNTRIES OUTSIDE OF THE PHILIPPINES) and then a further USD $100K + on an MPL? You gotta be crazy
Why, you know all to well why. none of us (the local Filipinos that is) ever paid the full amount. We either got the course 100% or 50% sponsored, either by Cebu Pac or Alpha Av. The things that Alpha does to make money....

@Taras B
As always your posts are a true reminder to everyone as to the countless errors and ruined futures that Alpha Aviation has caused on more than one continent.

Sambhav
30th Nov 2012, 07:38
Hey everyone

Can anyone advise as to the credibility and reliability of AAG as a TRTO/ATO regarding their FOT program for CebuPac?

Gulfstreamaviator
26th Dec 2012, 12:37
I can only assume that AAG is a happy campus.;)

glf

jack s
27th Dec 2012, 03:42
CebuPac has their own training centre Cebu Pacific Air (http://www.cebupacificair.com/pages/PressReleases.aspx?pid=14)

crazy_bird
20th Jan 2013, 14:20
this thread has been dead for ages!!
what is the current status at AAA?
I have a question..
Is the 1500hr base training with air arabia guaranteed?
and is the base training already included in the course fees or is it one of those 'hidden costs' .
I know that all the graduated of batch 1 have been inducted into AA, whats the status on the successive batches?

thanks and regards.

jack s
21st Jan 2013, 00:47
things are not good... too many issues with flying in Australia..be ready for a long delay in training it NOT be complete in 18 months... we are stuck for almost 20 mths.:mad::ugh::=

crazy_bird
21st Jan 2013, 07:21
AAA never ceases to amaze me. :ugh:
can anyone shed some light on EK's integrated course? I talked to some people regarding their partner academy in lisbon, and I didnt get any good reviews about it. Dont tell me EAC is going down the same road as AAA! :{

captain.weird
22nd Mar 2013, 16:06
Heard that all of the graduates of Alpha are now with Air Arabia (or Type rating or Line training or actually flying) so no one is sitting at home with nothing.. But that is only what I've heard.. Someone wants to add something??

crazy_bird
21st Apr 2013, 15:07
whats the current status with AAA?
have the cadets of the previous batches been inducted yet or are they still sitting at home?

SAND BALLS OF FIRE
21st Apr 2013, 16:32
do they hire cfi's????? anyone knows the requirements?

J.L.Seagull
22nd Apr 2013, 13:23
Alpha doesn't have a 'flying' school in the Middle East. The flying stage of the MPL program is outsourced to a school in Australia.

crazy_bird
22nd Apr 2013, 19:57
They have ended the contract with the Australian academy.
They were thinking of conducting the training at ayla in Jordan, but now they have almost decided to outsource it to some academy in southern Europe.

cheers

pavan21738
6th Jul 2013, 08:20
can somebody please tell me how difficult is the assessment for AAA.....what all should i go through before going for the assessment , specially in mathamatics and physics

hhassan
2nd Sep 2013, 12:47
That looks like great news !! But please confirm.

BlueSky1
16th Sep 2013, 06:46
There are a multitude of problems with Alpha and their outsourced company in Australia. The company in Australia itself have their own set of issues, and dealing with Alpha is just the tip of the iceberg. Last I heard, Alpha had announced that they were pulling out of the Australian deal, and going somewhere in Greece. However the management of the Aus connection have grounded the Alpha training program for not fulfilling their contractual agreements. As for Greece, well it will probably be another 6 months minimum before that gets on the way. Alpha have a lot of prep to do in the mean time before they get approval, and not to mention getting through the GCAA which is already a shaky relationship. I feel sorry for all those cadets who paid top dollar for promises and lies, and now caught in the crossfire.

crazy_bird
28th Sep 2013, 18:20
its been a while..
how are things at AAA currently? How many of the cadets have actually got their 'guaranteed' jobs at AA?

cheers

crazy_bird
2nd Nov 2013, 10:30
There will obviously come a point when air Arabia will get saturated with pilots and will have no need to recruit more by way of direct entry, cadetship etc..
Does anyone have any idea as to around when would AA reach this 'saturation' point? I ask this as I mostly will start my MPL course with them in 2015 once I have completed my degree, but, what worries me is that by then AA could get saturated and I would be asked to go home without a job.
Any views on this?

Crazy

hhassan
14th Nov 2013, 12:38
First, let me stress on the importance of reviews people read (positive or negative) as they can strongly influence someone's decision/future. Therefore, I am only writing this review for the sake of prospective students who need help to make up their minds

I have went through the exact same issue; trying to read each and every review possible about Alpha Aviation Academy to help me take the correct decision. Despite all the negative reviews I read, I decided to give it a shot and visit the academy ( I live in Egypt) and do the assessments while there.

First impression : I saw the students happy about what they are doing and confident about their future with AirArabia. I just found it a very relaxed campus, where everyone is trying to do his job.

Next day were my assessments, counting on all the reviews posted here earlier saying that the assessments were a piece of cake, I did not not prepare myself adequately. I went to do the very thorough assessments, putting in mind that I am going to pass anyway. Surprise: I did not. Not because they are impossible, but because you really need to prepare for it very well. They assess you in each and every part that would relate to your progress in your studies later.

In fact, not passing the assessments made me much more confident about the academy, because at least they made me sure that they are not just looking for my money.

I just thought to share my experience which might be useful to others. Hope it helps and best of luck to all the Wannabees.

illbeapilot
26th Dec 2013, 09:54
Is there any actual information about AAG?

T2B
2nd Jan 2014, 22:15
Terrible Management. they care about money. once you want to apply for assessment the answer you back until you pay. once you pay you ask them for assessment date the could barely answer back.

their site is rubbish!! wondering cadet pay 560k AED for training then 110k for base training why their management and site is rubbish ?? world highest flying school cost. I believe its excl. accommodation etc. at the end you get 5k a month once you get their job more likely its PAY MORE BUILD HOURS job is not guaranteed, depends whether you pass and meet their requirements. little chance.

Other side Air Arabia is a good airline growing up rapidly !

flyingblade
8th Jan 2014, 17:33
hi guys,

i know most of you are MPL/CPL qual guys.. im a little new to this and was wondering if I could get any advice on the below? I posted it and TCAS FAN and PACO/Phil were very helpful.. anything else would be really welcome!

hi guys!

firts post, ever.. anywhere.

so, ive done 8 hours to a PPL (just got feet wet) and loved it. This was with Cabair uxbridge/denham (sad its gone) and now my job is making me relocate to Dubai.

Im thinking great weather etc, but can I get a PPL there? Where? How much will it set me back realistically? More than 10k GBP?

I saw Emirates Aviation Services website, but nobody answers a phone! Ever. I really need one on one lessons, is this possible anywhere? I will be doing a 9-5 so i need flexible hours and weekends basically.

any help and encouragement would be vastly appreciated!
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=8253426) http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.pprune.org/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=8253426)

T2B
11th Jan 2014, 01:41
mate why would you post something out of the subject of this page.
just try by yourself on google trust me you'll find and you'll be fine.

I know horizon flight academy located in AL AIN. I can tell there are few near DUBAI. you might find in AJMAN shorter for travel than AL AIN from DUBAI. BLOODY GOOGLE OUT THERE MATE.

An0maly
16th Jan 2014, 22:10
Forget about Emirates Aviation Services , they charge around 400$ per hour for a 172/PA-28 and all you;ll get then is a GACA PPL which you'll find hard to convert to EASA . I suggest you either do it whenever you can while back in Europe or head out to the US and do it as an intensive 2 week course then convert to EASA when you have the flight time , which is 100 PIC if I recall .

malirm
17th Jan 2014, 07:10
Hi guys, it has been a while since I posted here, just to make a small update, I used to carry a MPL from AAG, a couple of months ago I completed the 1500 hours with Air Arabia & was granted an ATPL with full privileges.

mirzaajami
25th Jan 2014, 18:54
Respect to you, Mr. hhassan.

captain.weird
26th Jan 2014, 13:48
Hi there malirm,

Good to hear and congratulations with this huge achievement! Do you still work for Air Arabia or was it just the 1500hrs?

Regards.

pilott
30th Jan 2014, 11:28
I am thinking about joining the Alpha Aviation Academy based at Sharjah. I would like your opinion on the course they offer. Do they provide you with full training required to become a pilot. I have read bad reviews regarding this academy in this thread
I would like to know if they have improved in anyway. After I have successfully completed the training will I be able to get a job with Air Arabia. I have been told that this will happen and I would like to verify it.

thanks for the help

dado90
30th Jan 2014, 17:42
Dear Marlim
Congratulations i'm going to start my pilot training and going for the MPL with alpha aviation, i just need to ask you few things. I'm in lebanon I hope you help me and I appreciate it a lot. Thank you in advance

baroks
2nd Feb 2014, 17:44
Hi fellas,

Would like to know the status of the training program offers
in AAG Philippines. Are they worth trying compared with other
aviation schools like OMNI etc..

Does anybody knows here the status of the cadets after
completing the courses in AAG..are they hired into some airlines
as promised by the institution that 80 % are mostly absorbed by
the airlines that they are linked?

Iam 32 yrs old planning to try and take the risk in this field but
somebody can please give me a little heads up..

Thanks in advance to those who will help me to get through this
dilemma. Ive been sleepless for many nights.

tyrotrainer
6th Feb 2014, 14:36
Hiya,

I am an employee (instructor) at this academy, writing on my own behalf, not under direction of the management. I have been at Alpha UAE for 2 plus years and I have witnessed an amazing transformation in the higher management and structure of the establishment. I am not able to say more because I do not want to potentially risk breaching confidentiality, but I can say all is positive here. We are buzzing nowadays in fact. Our management team is extremely strong.

Student numbers are high - courses over the last 4/5 months or so have been pretty much fully booked - the only empty bums-on-seats have been due to last-minute visa or finance issues.

I can state that all students are having their contracts honoured and ALL graduates ARE flying with Air Arabia.

Flying training is now being completed in Greece, and recent student returnees are very satisfied with the training that they received (certainly the ones I've spoken with).

As an instructor, having ATPL (and now MPL) exposure in the UK, Europe and Middle East, at several academies, I am convinced that Alpha offer a unique product that delivers. The only reason Air Arabia will not retain you after 1500 hours is if you mess up, or don't develop professionally. My graduate students that are flying there are more than happy with their lot.

Our ground school has the same instructors as when I joined - zero turnover of staff in over two years (one guy left, but only to take a higher level job with an airline). I challenge anyone to tell me of any other ATPL/MPL academy that has a zero staff turnover. In fact you'll find that ALL of the big players have high staff turnovers - the reasons, well that's not for me to say.

Here in Sharjah the GI office is happy and harmonious, we have great rapport with our students, and we love what we do - and we do it well.

I will say though, if you are going to go into commercial aviation as a pilot, you need to be serious about it - "fancying" being a pilot, and the attendant status / lifestyle does not cut it.

This is a degree-level course, you're going to have to work extremely hard, much harder workload than at a conventional uni.

But if you go for it; work hard, have fun along the way, and you'll also make friends for life. Oh, and being paid to fly is fantastic!

Hope this helps.

Jetlife
6th Feb 2014, 17:06
hmm where do i start... firstly ill introduce myself, i am a cadet with alpha aviation academy i joined in 2012 off-course like everyone else on here i researched in before joining and i had read a lot of skeptical information that was provided on this thread, but i went with it and joined anyways considering any other aviation academy is not offering guaranteed job anyways, and if there was a chance with alpha landing me at Air Arabia i thought why not, i was most skeptical about the MPL program rather than the academy itself at first, but now i have learned that GCAA is behind the MPL program 100 percent. like others have said that its all about money, tell me what flying school is in it not for the money, off-course they all are doing it for that reason, my batch had some problems here and there with training delays but nothing that we didn't expect it was mainly the delay between ATPL ground school and the core flying which was about 2 months but we all know joining any aviation program you should expect some delays there is no way that it can be done in exactly 18 months, anyways so we went on to do core flying is Australia and came back for MCC back at alpha aviation and now i am in the type rating stage of the program and i must say i am satisfied with everything so far, of course along the way there was some frustration with certain management issues but all worked out in the end, i am an optimist that can see the big picture which is why i joined in the first place despite all the negative feedback i received on here before joining, i can speak for myself as a cadet in the type rating phase and in the coming months will be employed by Air Arabia which by the way is an airline doing outstandingly well at the moment that the above post mentioned by the Alpha aviation instructor is a valid post i can vouch for entirely and if it is who i think it is i know they are quite undoubtedly a sincere honest person who is looking out for the best interest of the students. "you have the Vaseline atleast":O (inside joke)

lost_pilot
7th Feb 2014, 03:59
Do you mind letting us know how does the assessment take place , is it similar to ctc pilapt system and are we allowed calc. , multiple choice , how much time or whats the format with what kind of math and physics? I am planning to do an assessment with aag soon so trying to prepare myself if i can

Jetlife
8th Feb 2014, 20:00
when i did the assessment it involved a basic math test without calculator, basic English test all multiple choice 1 hour for each and 30 questions i believe from what i recall and a psychometric evaluation, but i heard that they changed that now its everything i mentioned above with a more complex math test which also involves some arithmetic's amoung other things, what i can do is ask around and see what the more recent batches had to do for their assessment.

lost_pilot
9th Feb 2014, 01:44
Thanks that will be greatly appreciated , they say there is a test on physics too c if u can find out for me that will be nice

igor_80303
11th Feb 2014, 05:51
but alpha provides a week long physics course for the students who needs preparation. maths as well

igor_80303
19th Feb 2014, 04:38
multiple choice

Tobepilot
24th Feb 2014, 18:24
hi, anyone who wanted the topics for preparing for the assessment, here you go:
1. English Language Test:

a. Grammar & Vocabulary

b. Listening

c. Interaction & Conversation

d. Verbal Reasoning

2. Mathematics Test:

a. Algebra

b. Frations

c. Decimals

d. Geometry

e. Pythagoras Theorem

f. Conversion

g. Order of Operation

h. Ratios

i. Rates

j. Percentage

3. Physics Test:

a. Acceleration

b. Distance, Speed, Time

c. Forces

d. Electricity

e. Moment Forces

4. Psychomotor:

a. Orientation

b. Slalom

c. Memory

d. Multi-Tasking

5. Psychometric:

a. Paper based

b. One on One evaluation with doctor

6. Panel Interview:

Also, would it be possible for any of the alumni to guide us through how to exactly prepare for these tests? as in from which books? what type of questions, etc? much appreciated :D :ok:

Tobepilot
4th Mar 2014, 06:25
still thinking about it, but if so you may see me in may. Also has the fees of the course increased?

Tobepilot
10th Mar 2014, 10:34
wow wasnt really up to date with all the changes :/ could you keep me updated on the assement pattern changes?

Tobepilot
3rd Apr 2014, 06:06
But how do we prepare for it? How are the questions?
I'm 17 :)

Hagop
11th Apr 2014, 15:46
I've read 2 different things about this program: cadets will fly for 750 hours in an A320, after which the airline will decide whether to hire or not.
And, cadets are guaranteed 1500 hours with the airline. Does anyone have any official info about it?
If a cadet is successful at the assessments and been offered a place on the MPL program, is a contract signed between the cadet and the airline for employment prior the commencement of the training?

apollo80
12th Apr 2014, 21:33
Hi Guys, do you know if Alpha or any other MPL school that offers a Financing Option to pay off school ?

Tobepilot
26th Apr 2014, 11:07
Its a risk to do it without a degree, but if it works out it would be well worth it :/ i really dont know.

cadets are guaranteed 1500 hrs but during that time when you reach 750 hrs or so they will decide if they want to hire you as a first officer after completing the 1500 hrs.

There is no such option as of such...for AAG that is.

Hagop
2nd May 2014, 16:04
Is the cadet guaranteed the 1500 hours after completing the MPL? Is there a legal contract signed between the cadet and the airline before commencing the training phase that guarantees this promise?

Hagop
16th May 2014, 16:24
Line training by itself is nothing. You need to be sure about the 1500 hour promise.

opl330
1st Jun 2014, 16:21
hello ,

I would like to know when you will finish the training and passing you can work with air arabia based in Morocco , or you have to do the 1500 hours in Sharjah base ?

Stratocruiser377
15th Jun 2014, 12:57
opl330, unfortunately you can only fly with Air Arabia from Sharjah. Morocco doesn't recognise the MPL. However, once you convert to an ATPL after 1500hrs you may be able to get the Moroccan CAA to issue a validation on your UAE License or convert to a Moroccan ATPL depending upon their requirements.

MAH96
18th Jun 2014, 23:33
Hello,
I am going to go to Sharjah soon to do the assessment and I would like to know some information. For instance, how is the math and physics exams are going to be and what kind of questions should i expect. Also, I would like to know what kind of questions will I be asked during the interview.

I need as much as help I can get, any information about the assessment will be useful and ill be very grateful.

Thanks

ihtegondal
17th Jul 2014, 21:07
Brother please tell me about the current status do they offer job after completion of the program?What about the requirements and procedure for admission in AAG Sharjah and the total cost of the program?

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 19:41
Joining Alpha in September.
Anyone else?

vaiokid
12th Aug 2014, 19:43
what is the total cost of that program right now?

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 19:54
around 570,000 dhs

vaiokid
12th Aug 2014, 20:15
when we get paid after starting flying?

some peoples said after 750 hour free flying they paid a low level sallary, is that true?

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 20:22
Well from what I've read you get paid 5000 a month after your 18 month training and then apparently it increases to 15000 a month. dont know how far thats true

QaisPilot
12th Aug 2014, 20:28
Hi Mohamad im intending to do the assessment before September in order to take a place in the next course, is there any information you could till about the assessment, and ill really appreciate it if you send me your number so we could contact due Watsaap or calls if necessary.

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 20:31
Looks like we might end up in the same batch:ok:

Ill PM you my number.:)

vaiokid
12th Aug 2014, 20:34
what is the FO sallary at air arabia? after 1500 hours how much money they gave?

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 20:41
This should help

Air Arabia pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/air_arabia)

vaiokid
12th Aug 2014, 20:57
i am a mechanical engineer also i know 3 language , do you think this helps me to get the job after finishing course?

Also so many times i sent email to AAA but nobody answer, how can i apply there?
My last question what is the minimum english level they required?

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 21:35
Well I think having a degree is an advantage if you choose to leave.
Languages im not too sure about.

Don't Email them. They never answer to emails. Try calling them on +971 6 557 4243

Im not too sure about the English bit but I think High school English should suffice

vaiokid
13th Aug 2014, 07:03
Type rating and line training is included to that price?

also all the educations at sharjah? or some parts at greece? how many months,

MohammedSalman
13th Aug 2014, 09:51
The ground training happens in Sharjah and the flying training is done in Greece for 3 months.
I will PM you about Line training.

pilot014
27th Aug 2014, 23:13
Hello,

1500 hours are guaranteed after you finish the 18 months course but a security cheque of 110,000 AED is required by Air Arabia which will be recovered with a period of 60 months , 1500 hours will take 2 years to finish because you cant exceed 750 hours per year due to the avaition rules, After the 1500 hours if you are hired by AirArabia ( First officer) your salary starts from 20,000AED.

Can anyone give me an idea about the physics and math tests?? Are they hard?

If any one wants some help I can send you full information original from Alpha Aviation Academy.

- Assessment : Physics : forces, motion ... , Math : Percentage, Rates ...

MohammedSalman
4th Sep 2014, 09:55
I just gave my assessments few days ago.
The math and physics are very easy.
As long as you've done math and physics till 12th grade, you have nothing to worry about .

KhaledJanahi
18th Feb 2015, 02:06
Hello,

I will be doing my assessment test in April.
What do you guys recommend me to familiarize myself with before doing the assessment?

Thanks in advance.

Officer Kite
21st Feb 2015, 14:43
Khaled, everything that Alpha state in their e-mail about the assessment will be assessed is what I heard.

Can anyone please confirm the financial arrangements for me ?

I understand you pay AED 570,000 for the course and then AED 110,000 for line training. Is the line training part given back to you ? It seems like a very excessive amount and makes CTC look kind of cheap (-er). Would someone be kind enough to tell me how much can you reasonably expect to spend on this programme ? Do Alpha provide subsidised accommodation ? Are the living costs quite high too ?

Thanks in advance.

crazy_bird
9th May 2015, 10:12
i am planning to join alpha this july.
i have been hearing rumors that the fees might be increased to 800k, can someone please confirm that?
Also, is air arabia still giving permanent contracts at the end of the 1500 hours?

thanks

NickiSky
10th May 2015, 20:57
Hi, Crazy Bird)
I am going to join AAA in partnership with Air Arabia. Do you have account on facebook?

akm447
14th May 2015, 21:19
hi,

i just read through this thread looking for info about the assessment portion of this program, especially the math/physics section. somebody mentioned that "its extremely easy if you have completed grade 12." are there specific details any of you recent cadets could possibly offer us about the assessment questions asked? Is there a pass/fail score cut-off? I have a 4 year uni degree but math/physics are not my strong point.
Anybody who have also done the CTC assessment, are these two tests similar?

Cheers

KhaledJanahi
16th May 2015, 22:46
Hi,

I have done the assessment and it went very well.
If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks.

donpizmeov
17th May 2015, 07:30
I believe being able to correctly answer the question "have you got all the money ready to give us for this course?" will ensure your success. Are people really willing to pay this much?

Aiza
17th May 2015, 18:10
570k is the max price that someone should pay for this program( even that is way too much) . Any thing above is way too over priced and not worth.

Getting a permanent contract is pretty difficult as there are plenty of mplers pushing in. If you want to calculate your FO oppurtunities, calculate the number of airplanes ABY has in order and compare it with number of students that are waiting for base training vs the batch you will be. Its almost impossible.

The training has never once in alpha history been completed in 18 month, but it has been completed with little more time.

This is a very intense training program. DO NOt be confident that you have passed the assessment.

Pros

World class training
Line training
Professional atmosphere
Highly experienced and friendly instructors

Cons

Expensive
Delays

crazy_bird
1st Jun 2015, 08:56
hello everyone,
i will be giving the assessment soon. I have a couple of questions ..

1. Regarding the physics and math tests, are there only going to be simple direct problems or do advanced questions also come?
2. Also, i havent touched a physics or a Math textbook for around 5 years, so i definitely need to brush up on my core concepts, can someone kindly recommend a good source to prepare from.

Thanks

iamzhk
9th Jun 2015, 08:26
Hi Khalid,

Can you please tell me more about the assesment. I am thinking of joining GAA or AAA. What all questions they asked from Physics and Math? Thank you

KhaledJanahi
30th Jun 2015, 01:46
Is anyone going to join the batch that will start in July?

crazy_bird
30th Jun 2015, 14:49
@KhaledJanahi , hopefully I will, still in the assessment stages

Guys,
has anyone gone for the physics refresher course by Bright Dimensions to prepare for the AAA physics test?

I believe that its the same company that AAA consults with to make the papers.
Can i please get some reviews about their course?

thanks

KhaledJanahi
1st Jul 2015, 11:13
Wishing you all the best for your assessment and hope to see you soon.

akm447
4th Jul 2015, 03:03
since there is no clear answer anywhere on what the test consists of, I am going to study according to what Alpha Aviation Academy has on their website regarding the assessment:

Alpha Cadet Selection for Cadet | Alpha Aviation Group (http://www.aag.aero/alphacadetselection-main/alphacadetselection/)

You can buy a practice version of the FAST/ADAPT Online on this website:

NZSkillsConnect (http://www.nzskillsconnect.co.nz/)

I found it to be very helpful. That is of course assuming that is the only test they administer to potential cadets on assessment day.

crazy_bird
6th Jul 2015, 15:00
hello everyone.

I will be giving my final interview soon. Can any of you please give me some tips and share some of the resources that you use to get info on the latest aviation news and any technical aspect that may be asked during the interview.

All constructive comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance! :ok:

pfvspnf
11th Jul 2015, 11:51
Air Arabia is unlikely to give you a permanent contract after 750 or 1500 hours! Too many MPLs and they are not growing fast enough to accommodate all the batches.

They have bonded many of the FOs and nobody will be leaving anytime soon.

Good way to get into the right seat directly but very very expensive and very very risky if anything happens in between your MPL isnt worth anything.

Sfly90
15th Jul 2015, 09:21
pl. give reviews about Type rating form Alpha Philippines for A-320 and getting DGCA endorsement....

flaps2fly
26th Jul 2015, 08:03
Hi Guys,
Iam planning to do the MPL assessment is a couple of months.
Any idea on the level of difficulty and any reference sites that will make my preparation easier?

gpsw
27th Jul 2015, 07:50
Hello everyone

Just want to know how many cadets are enrolled in current batches.
Am also looking forward to give the assessment, so I would be really thankful for any suggestions regarding the assessment.

flaps2fly
27th Jul 2015, 13:05
i think there are around 10-12 students a batch.

rahulras1993
27th Jul 2015, 20:09
Personally find it really expensive and just 70 hours of flying ? :=:=:=

sambateman93
24th Nov 2015, 10:01
Hi

I am planning to attend the assessment test in Alpha Aviation soon. I had earlier tried the CTC Southampton but could not pass the test. Any advice for the Alpha Aviation assessment test please. I have been in touch with the cadet officers and sought their advice, but not been very helpful. Anyone in the forum, please do provide some help. :sad:

Pukster20
14th Dec 2015, 15:26
When are you planning for your assessment?

crazy_bird
15th Dec 2015, 11:48
Hello
regarding the assessment, its all pretty basic stuff.
the English test is very basic, if you are used to speaking in English then it shouldn't be a problem for you.
the math test is high school level, if you go through the topics given to you, it will be OK. none of the questions should be out of the ordinary.
physics too is at the high school level, I suggest you do a bit of brushing up if you have been out of touch with the subject, some of the questions to get a bit tricky.
a lot of candidates had gone to bright dimensions in deira, Dubai for a refresher course in math and physics. they train you with the alpha assessment test in mind. there are refresher courses conducted in alpha as well.

to be honest, even if you do find the assessment tests to be easy, don't let that fool you. The course is far from easy. it requires a lot of hard work.

cheers

shoeb
16th Feb 2016, 12:55
hi .
can you please reply for the below
I wants to apply for AAA for MCL will a commerce grad can apply or not , i check with one former flight attend in PIA she told minimum requirement is high school doesn't matter you have done it with science or commerce , as i am not mush familiar with physics i am bit worried about it , if it is 10th level i might not worried much.

thanks

CaptJack123
9th May 2016, 06:27
G'Day Gents,

Any update on the AAA/Air Arabia MPL programme? Thinking of joining at the end of the year. Just wondering if anyone has been successful thus far.

Cheers.

pfvspnf
9th May 2016, 18:41
is it true that the last few batches have been sitting on the ground for 6 months? no flying/no type rating no nothing?

pfvspnf
10th May 2016, 07:24
How many MPLs have been upgraded so far t captain ?

fernandeztv
10th May 2016, 12:03
How many MPLs have been upgraded so far t captain ?

None as company minimums is 4500hrs on type. So that would mean 5 years minimum since they started. Nobody qualifies for that as of now, but will do so in a few months time. Having said that quiet a few have moved onto EK, EY and QR over the past 2 years. For upgrade a seniority list exists and the upgrade courses have been scheduled over the next few months.

CaptJack123
22nd May 2016, 12:14
CaptJack123, I went there, at considerable expense prior to where I am today. Be very careful is what I can say. The fees include nothing, additionally they lack instructors and it is run by managers who know nothing about aviation.

I got in, but decided against it for many reasons but it isn't what it's pitched as. Unless you're arab, I wouldn't go to that 'school' - and by school, I mean portakabin with 3 classrooms next to the cargo companies loading bays.

If you decide to go there, then good luck. But I am much happier going to a European flight school now after spending a long time researching (and in regards to Alpha, a lot of money too).
I appreciate the honesty, if you don't mind me asking; where did you end up doing your training? And where are you in the regard as for now.

How far did you make it into Alpha? What was the main reason for leaving? I do understand being in the Middle East, facilities aren't going to be of European or Australian quality finishes but at the end of the day, if it gets you into the right seat... what is there to complain about.

CaptJack123
23rd May 2016, 14:46
Thanks for the info! I really do appreciate any external advice I can get.

I am leaving my options open, would you mind running through some of the fees ect. incorporated in the FTE Jerez course? I did a quick surf on the net and what I found so far looks pretty good. Just wondering if I could get some details on the corse from someone that knows their stuff a bit more than I do haha.

If I end up going through AA I will keep everyone posted in regard to what the latest is in terms of selection process/assessments ect.

Safe travels.

CaptJack123
25th May 2016, 11:24
That sounds like you are getting a bit more for your money, upon completion of the FTE Jerez will you gain employment in the right seat of a jet however?

How many hours do you graduate with? What is the total duration of training w/ FTE?

I'm just thinking; at the end of the day... yes AAA is on the expensive side of things and it doesn't look to be the most desirable facilities but after two years you come out with 1500hrs on type and an MPL that is transferable to an ATPL/CPL.

It gives you an easy opportunity to get your foot in the door at a Middle Eastern airline meaning you'll be making a competitive salary (tax free) to start paying back the initial cost of the MPL course only catch is, by the looks of things you have to spend two years in the loading bay of SHJ.

Unavailable
25th May 2016, 19:22
- Air Arabia will not allow you to undergo the conversion at 1,500 hours.

May I ask please where did you get this information from?? Cause I know many pilots who have gone through this MPL and got their ATPLs and some have mover to EK and the ones on the other side of the road!

CaptJack123
2nd Jun 2016, 15:38
- Air Arabia will not allow you to undergo the conversion at 1,500 hours. They will use the MPL as a way to bond you to them and not under any circumstance leave. Be seriously careful.

Now I am just thinking out loud here: If that is the case, isn't that the goal? To be bonded w/ an airline in such early stages of your flying career to pump out a few years getting max hours? And after your contract is up w/ AA (if offered one), re-assess your options. Its not like a pilot whom gone through the scheme w/ 2,500-3,000hrs is gonna leave w/out an ATPL...

To me, this looks like the dream.. if the case of this bond.

Dualinput
3rd Jun 2016, 04:21
Being bonded is fine. Nobody questions that. Not being allowed to convert your MPL into an ATPL is not fine. Ignore the sales patter, speak to people actually there. They are not authorised to change the MPL, which if you look at it as an extension of being bonded, then fine that makes sense - but if you are for some reason made redundant, you have no license at all - and unemployable by anyone else.
@ Integrated

Not sure where you getting this information but it's totally incorrect! Once the cadet finishes the hour requirement, he/she gets to do the ATPL skill test in the coming PPC. This solely depends on when the PPC comes up as per the schedule. Few cadets don't get the ATPL in the first shot because they bust their skill test. Please don't make baseless assumptions and mislead people.

Yes, some cadets don't get FO contract immediately at the end of 750 hrs, but ATPL is never an issue unless you bust it yourself..

Hope this helps..

Cheers

pfvspnf
4th Jun 2016, 06:59
You can most certainly convert to an ATPL after you meet the Experience, Skill and Knowledge requirements, yes ABY has to authorize it and in most cases they will. It might not happen at 1500 but it will be done along with the next PC. Many have gotten their ATPLs and many have left for EK and QR.

On the other hand the MPL training can take quite sometime, AA is not reliable and ABY will call the shots as to when they are ready to start and finish your training and most importantly give you employment afterwards.

Its still the best way to get on to the right seat. Yes there are CPL and fATPL holders getting on to airlines right away in Europe but its rare. I dont see those flight time requirements going down just as yet.

hun777
23rd Jul 2016, 17:12
Hi. I am planning to apply for MPL program with AAA UAE. Can any body tell me if it's a reliable program to commit to? What are the job prospects after completion of the training? Thanks

momo95
27th Jul 2016, 14:22
All I know is it's bloody expensive. There are many rumours as to the reliability of the program however.

momo95
3rd Aug 2016, 15:28
Does anyone have any info on the salary when joining Air Arabia from the MPL?

Do you get extra allowances for housing or anything like that on top?

mavi8or
8th Aug 2016, 11:55
Does anyone have any info on the salary when joining Air Arabia from the MPL?

Do you get extra allowances for housing or anything like that on top?
Hello friend

5k AED during first 300-400 hours
10-20k AED After that until 1500 hours
If you are employed after that,you will earn 20+k AED

No information about allowances!!

Good luck

momo95
9th Aug 2016, 08:30
Thank you for your reply Mohammed. Are those figures per month ? Are you on the course may I ask?

pfvspnf
9th Aug 2016, 15:32
Wow those salaries are very low, will take years to make a return on your investment

momo95
9th Aug 2016, 17:47
They are quite low yes. Will anyone be wilking to discuss how they got by living on these salaries, what it was like post alpha etc? I'm trying to build an image of how things will likely be. Thanks

123essame
9th Aug 2016, 19:06
Hello, I was thinking of applying in 2017, purely because of the 1500H they offer after training. if I pass there entrιe requirements ?. I've been hearing lots of good and bad staff about them. if you've been there please send me your input & any feedback regarding the school. kind regards

pfvspnf
11th Aug 2016, 05:54
So I'd like info on a few things from those on the inside;

- How many fail the training at sim or line training ?
- if everyone is passing , are the MPLs really that good? Training must be excellent
- how many are getting permenant contracts after ?
- is it true that there are massive delays at every stage ?

shoeb
14th Aug 2016, 14:36
Hi cadets
Does any body know about academy of aeronautics montreal in canada ?

KarloTodorov
4th Oct 2016, 10:16
Hello guys,

has anybody attended the psychometric tests in E.D.M.A. and what is it like?
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

k.swiss
8th Oct 2016, 15:55
Hello guys,

bump.. would be good to know.

k.swiss
26th Oct 2016, 12:25
Hello guys,

Has anyone been here yet? :confused:

momo95
26th Oct 2016, 14:53
From what I've heard from numerous sources, this programme is to be avoided completely.

Dogkim
27th Oct 2016, 06:41
From what I've heard from numerous sources, this programme is to be avoided completely.

What do you mean by avoided?
May I know why?

pfvspnf
27th Oct 2016, 08:08
yes why?

does anyone have any real info on what the delays are? for core flying? base training? and line training?

Who has failed the training? will they be refunded anything?

What the quality of training is like? Some say instructors are just CPL holders no jet time

Officer Kite
27th Oct 2016, 10:06
What do you mean by avoided?
May I know why?

Have you read the financial details of this course?

It is madness. Costing well in excess of £140,000 they make CTC look cheap and that is really saying something. It is ridiculous.

As well as that, the salary is 5,500 AED for your first 100 sectors too (unknown length of time due to varied scheduling but at least 4/5 months). Try living in Dubai on that. It seriously is not possible without taking out further loans.

Best avoided as I said. Now I have nothing against these people I just really think it isn't good. For what they are giving, it is crazily priced.

To give you some perspective. The CTC Qatar MPL costs £109,000. Your starting salary is in excess of £70,000 upon flying the line. Alpha just have taken it to a whole new level.

Before even getting to training, £700 for the assessment really should send alarm bells ringing :eek::eek::eek:

k.swiss
27th Oct 2016, 12:50
yes why?

does anyone have any real info on what the delays are? for core flying? base training? and line training?

Who has failed the training? will they be refunded anything?

What the quality of training is like? Some say instructors are just CPL holders no jet time

I am not sure what to make of speculation. Officer Kite and others make valid points, but as to the delays these have been cleared up. Officer Kite you are right, as far as real money goes this is expensive even for the initial assessments themselves. But tell me which course (pay to fly or not) gives you 1500H on type. This is pretty much the minimum to shift over to EY EK et al.

Has anyone been through the psychometric stage at EDMA yet?

Officer Kite
27th Oct 2016, 13:25
But tell me which course (pay to fly or not) gives you 1500H on type. This is pretty much the minimum to shift over to EY EK et al.

Don't fall for marketing. EVERY airline scheme out there has one aim, that is to hire future captains. This automatically means more than 1500 hrs on type.

You may say you are not guaranteed it with other airlines. Well you aren't guaranteed 1500 hrs with Alpha. If you fail your exams or don't meet the Air Arabia standard, you will not be getting 1500 hours on type. This is absolutely no different to any other programme, but Alpha are trying to make it sound special with how they are marketing it.

There is a reason after having spent crazy amounts of cash on the training, that they actually want to get a 110,000 AED deposit off you ... this is in case you do not meet their standard and have to leave.

Now think about that, you have paid £140,000 on your training, and then when you get to line training, you have to pay an extra AED 110,000 deposit in case you fail the final part, Air Arabia call this their "security bond", but security against what ? you have paid for all of the training yourself, they have spent nothing on your training, but they want you to give them 110,000 AED in case you fail the final part. On what planet does this make sense ?

I think I sound angry haha, I'm really not, just trying to warn my fellow wannabe pilots about this scheme, there are far far better alternatives !!

striker26
27th Oct 2016, 15:44
Officer Kite - well said. At least with CTC you get a GUARANTEED position on the RHS obviously bearing in mind that you pass every stage, including the stable approach and landings on your Line training :)....the starting salary is also very good and you start on a career airline... This Air Arabia MPL is a joke, sure lets say you pass, but where in god's name do you balance out your investment? The housing is poor, the salary is poor for a while and the risk is just too great. Even if you get the inital money, no bank is gonna offer you MORE for this security bond/living expenses.

Also remember, an MPL allows you to fly on a specific type, for ONE (1) airline. For those thinking of going to Air Arabia and then simply changing airlines, until you an an ATPL forget about it. So at any point if Air Arabia leaves you hanging, good luck trying to get an airline to hire you.

There are far better options!

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2016, 09:31
Indeed striker.

I actually thought I was seeing things when I first read the financial details. Living in Dubai on £1,300 a month? After having taken out a loan of £140,000 already? The laborers have a better deal (and the sad part about that statement is that it is true!).

And in the very small dealings I have had with the school, I found them unhelpful and somewhat unfriendly and definitely greedy, I got the sense it was just about my pockets, of course all schools want the cash, but I've yet to meet other schools who make it so rudely obvious. This is not biased, but any remote thoughts I may have had of doing this course were quickly extinguished in two goes.

First go - reading the costs and subsequent salary.

Second go - The displeasure of dealing with the school. Ignoring emails etc.

Go for it by all means but beware you are committing financial suicide with huge risks associated.

777eagle
28th Oct 2016, 10:20
Alpha is a NO GO . MPL is another P2F. Lot of money, poor salary, you can't upgrade.

Moreover no options for you with MPL in market if you get sacked anyday.

k.swiss
28th Oct 2016, 18:03
I have not seen CTC gurantee training upon successful completion. It merely states 98% success rate on the White Tail scheme which includes line flying or a place on a flexi crew kinda scheme, which is far from the security of a real job..

pfvspnf
29th Oct 2016, 05:51
The delays have not been cleared up! How long does it take to wait for core flying and base training ?

Officer Kite
29th Oct 2016, 11:26
I have not seen CTC gurantee training upon successful completion. It merely states 98% success rate on the White Tail scheme which includes line flying or a place on a flexi crew kinda scheme, which is far from the security of a real job..

No scheme on the planet guarantees you a job.

But Alpha make it sound like they do, when they don't.

Look man, if you wanna pay £140,000 for training then earn £1,300 a month, be my guest. I'm just warning those who aren't aware of the reality of this scheme.

Dogkim
30th Oct 2016, 10:18
No scheme on the planet guarantees you a job.

But Alpha make it sound like they do, when they don't.

Look man, if you wanna pay £140,000 for training then earn £1,300 a month, be my guest. I'm just warning those who aren't aware of the reality of this scheme.
1300pounds per month is only for frist few months isn't it?
I heard the salery goes up to 5000pounds per month after that while flying for 1500hours.

k.swiss
30th Oct 2016, 15:18
1300pounds per month is only for frist few months isn't it?
I heard the salery goes up to 5000pounds per month after that while flying for 1500hours.

Correct - plus can this stuff not be confirmed during a site visit? And in comparison that's a pretty decent amount.

ExDubai
30th Oct 2016, 17:31
Try to survive with 1300 Pounds in DXB. Good luck...

Dogkim
30th Oct 2016, 17:51
Try to survive with 1300 Pounds in DXB. Good luck...

I know that is totally impossible. But there aren't much choices for people from poor aviation industry countries.

pfvspnf
30th Oct 2016, 23:31
The 110,000 for line training ? Does Aby return that to you or keep it for themselves ? It's ridiculous how low the salary is after all that and you are still bonded .

k.swiss
1st Nov 2016, 13:56
Hello guys,

Anyone been here yet? Arriving in two weeks, have just booked a hotel near by. :ugh::ugh:

saurabhkumar.dubai
1st Nov 2016, 15:19
Hi Guys,

I want to know what topics and type of questions are included in the Physics assessment at Alpha Aviation Academy?

Thanks,
Saurabh

crazy_bird
1st Nov 2016, 15:33
Hello everyone,
The 110,000 is a security deposit.
An amount from it is added to your salary per month and by the end of line training, you would have recovered the entire amount.

As far as salaries are concerned, they are quite good if you compare them to other airlines.
Earning 15-20k per month as a second officer is a good deal, and will then increase to 30-35k once you become a first officer.

k.swiss
2nd Nov 2016, 06:25
The pay is certainly not 15k being a second officer , 35K as first officer is something you get the FO permanent contract which is at least 4 years into the company.

A simple answer to the posters thinking that this program is expensive,

If you are an incompetent Person, There is no way you should in this Profession.

People fail their training because they are incompetent, they don't study enough, lack of manual flying skills, lack of basic airmanship skills, Poor decision making, Lack responsibility and poor attitude.

They assume that if they pay 560K they will be in the right seat.

And when these people fail they cry pprune as you will read the negative posts on this thread.

YES THIS PROGRAM IS EXPENSIVE, BUT If you work Hard , become a competent Pilot using all the resources the Academy gives along with help of world class instructors this academy has, You will find yourself in right seat of the 320 with a pay that's better than all the LCC and major carriers in Europe and USA. You will work in a company that will respect you. you have an Excellent and kind management with an open door policy(which you dont find 99% of cariers today).

This Company maintains a POSITIVE MORALE in its Employees.

Being a part of such a company, doing the job you love , with excellent days off, Good stable rosters with high QOL, excellent pay relatively IS A DREAM to EVERY Pilot which ONLY ALPHA Aviation in Sharjah gives you IF ONLY IF YOU WORK HARD AND LEARN THE SKILLS TO BE A COMPETENT PILOT.

I agree the pay is low at the start, you cant survive in dubai with 5k unless you have financial support.

However, The long term benefits are just too good
Aiza, this is spot on. Still a risk for many, but from all those who are currently enrolled/complete it seems to be the case.

pfvspnf
2nd Nov 2016, 09:27
ABY does not have an open door policy, management does what they feel like
The instructors ? Some dont have any jet or airline experience
15-20k AED is not a good salary after paying 560K AED
5 year bond after paying that much money? Really?
Rostering and HR are a disaster, most ops people are rude
No command upgrade program in place

This works great if you are rich and want a right seat 320 gig

pfvspnf
2nd Nov 2016, 16:29
Haha not an MPL cadet, not involved with Aby at the moment but have dealt with them in the past

And no have not failed a line check , OPC or any other training .

HR and management is rude and not cooperative , that's my opinion. Glad I'm not flying there

Dualinput
2nd Nov 2016, 18:40
Haha not an MPL cadet, not involved with Aby at the moment but have dealt with them in the past

And no have not failed a line check , OPC or any other training .

HR and management is rude and not cooperative , that's my opinion. Glad I'm not flying there
Pfvspnf,
If you aren't there then how do you know these things?

Ofcourse you are entitled to have an opinion but stop spreading bull****!
Open door policy - yes!
Rostering is disaster - not at all!
Most people rude - not al all, most people are extremely friendly
Command upgrades - bit though but possible

So please, don't mislead people.

Blue skies

pfvspnf
3rd Nov 2016, 03:54
Please learn to read , I said I've dealt with them in the past . And from what I hear nothing's changed.

Mmm how many MPL have been upgraded? Zero ?

15k good salary ? Great you go on ahead, lovely how the management unilaterally decided to reduce the salary from 27k to 15? Remember that ?

You do what you want, but everything is not strawberries and champagne at Aby (no pun intended) haha

Dualinput
3rd Nov 2016, 05:11
FYI 4500 hrs required for upgrade in Air Arabia, so guys are just coming up for command. And yes, two MPL guys already upgraded and flying as captains!

pfvspnf
3rd Nov 2016, 11:35
Alpha Philippines ��!

I've got 4 ATPLs on different licenses none of them MPL
Flight instructor ratings from FAA and Canada
Turboprop command time prop time in Africa
4000 airbus

And a disgruntled cadet from aplha ?

I speak the truth , if you want to hear it PM me

aakhan
3rd Nov 2016, 17:41
Aiza dont pass such remarks. Infact his posts alone will help many new cadets from investing their hard earned money wisely. Dont just dismiss him. Think before joining.

fififi
4th Nov 2016, 16:38
Don't fall for marketing. EVERY airline scheme out there has one aim, that is to hire future captains. This automatically means more than 1500 hrs on type.

You may say you are not guaranteed it with other airlines. Well you aren't guaranteed 1500 hrs with Alpha. If you fail your exams or don't meet the Air Arabia standard, you will not be getting 1500 hours on type. This is absolutely no different to any other programme, but Alpha are trying to make it sound special with how they are marketing it.

There is a reason after having spent crazy amounts of cash on the training, that they actually want to get a 110,000 AED deposit off you ... this is in case you do not meet their standard and have to leave.

Now think about that, you have paid £140,000 on your training, and then when you get to line training, you have to pay an extra AED 110,000 deposit in case you fail the final part, Air Arabia call this their "security bond", but security against what ? you have paid for all of the training yourself, they have spent nothing on your training, but they want you to give them 110,000 AED in case you fail the final part. On what planet does this make sense ?

I think I sound angry haha, I'm really not, just trying to warn my fellow wannabe pilots about this scheme, there are far far better alternatives !!
Are there any alternatives ?? Really ?? Excluding Qatar and cadet/ national programs - can You name some alternatives that gets You straight to the right seat ? Anyone?

pfvspnf
5th Nov 2016, 03:36
I'd like to know the incidents/serious mishaps/ASRs/ hard landings that have happened because of MPL, of course things happen everywhere but putting a newbie with 70 hours in the right seat has gotta be scary for the instructor / line captain .

You guys are telling me the kids fly every sector perfectly and nothing ever goes wrong ? How has Aby done the risk mitigation ?

Not criticizing , just wondering before ! I'm sure the Line trainers and TRIs are good, no doubt about that but things happen ..

k.swiss
9th Nov 2016, 15:00
anyone confirmed for assessment at E.D.M.A yet? Just booked my date now but not much info provided on what the psychometrics entail.

striker26
14th Nov 2016, 20:24
Looks like Air Arabia hires the most MPL pilots out of any airline in the region (could be a good sign for those who actually this?)...still a lot of money, and very poor structure...the cost (approx 600000 AED) doesn't even include accommodation!

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/ops-infra/training-licensing/Pages/mpl.aspx

Click MPL Implementation around the World, then the excel sheet.

k.swiss
15th Nov 2016, 07:09
Looks like Air Arabia hires the most MPL pilots out of any airline in the region (could be a good sign for those who actually this?)...still a lot of money, and very poor structure...the cost (approx 600000 AED) doesn't even include accommodation!

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/ops-infra/training-licensing/Pages/mpl.aspx

Click MPL Implementation around the World, then the excel sheet.

This also applies to Alpha MPL pilots moving to other carriers in the region. All ME3 except QR infact. Source is good.

striker26
15th Nov 2016, 14:45
Personally, i dont think Air Arabia is a career airline, unless you are captain, even then, the ME3 have far better pay/location. I think Arabia should be ashamed to offer such an expensive program, only to have the graduates live off second officer salary, not guarantee them a job (only a320 hours at first)...yes by the report most go on to line flying, but the circumstances are just too risky. Pretty sure most SO's go on to FO, gain enough to apply to ME3, and leave.

Same situation with FZ's SO program, low hour pilot, 35k usd for 737 type rating, only for an interview (if you pass the checkride!) !!!

Hopefully we see some oversight from the governing bodies as to SOME security for the candidates, like CTC has...sort of...

Officer Kite
15th Nov 2016, 14:55
Personally, i dont think Air Arabia is a career airline, unless you are captain, even then, the ME3 have far better pay/location. I think Arabia should be ashamed to offer such an expensive program, only to have the graduates live off second officer salary, not guarantee them a job (only a320 hours at first)...yes by the report most go on to line flying, but the circumstances are just too risky. Pretty sure most SO's go on to FO, gain enough to apply to ME3, and leave.

Same situation with FZ's SO program, low hour pilot, 35k usd for 737 type rating, only for an interview (if you pass the checkride!) !!!

Hopefully we see some oversight from the governing bodies as to SOME security for the candidates, like CTC has...sort of...

The thing that baffles me and will always baffle me about this programme is how they expect anyone to live off of such extremely low salaries in one of the world's most expensive cities. Surely many people have to take out extra loans, £130,000 without even living costs during the course, it is absolutely ridiculous, whether they give back 110,000 aed of the deposit back or not, it is still cash you must find in the first place. I say more fool the ones applying,

a380neo
8th Dec 2016, 17:11
Not sure why everyone keeps harping on about these "low salaries"... It's only for 100 sectors then they include a flying allowance up until you reach the 1,500hrs which you can find a copy of online.

If you are joining this profession then you should have a few things already tucked under your belt, one being an organised/well time managed individual.

You've just completed ground school as well as the core flying phase without any salary and still been able to eat. (Might not have party every weekend, buying $1000 bottles for the fireworks to show off in the club.. but still been able to eat)

Now why wouldn't you factor the first couple months (100 sectors) of line training into the planning of not making any salary during training also?

Yes, I am sure everyone believes 5,000AED/month is robbery when you think the person controlling that 50,000kg metal tube traveling at 800km/h is getting paid just that. But then think about the not so fortunate pilots that start from the ground up... The pilots that start instructing on 152's to hopefully one day get enough hours to be considered for a charter pilot on a King Air. Then a crazy amount of time on a twin prop before United/Delta/BA/Qantas would even consider them. You'd be well into your 40's possibly 50's before you'd have a chance in a jet.

Yes this course is expensive, yes they pay "low salaries" initially. But upon completion...and you're not a lunatic... ABY offer you a contract and within 2-3 years after starting at Alpha as a cadet you're on +25kAED/month + flying allowances!!

Please tell me of other courses that are of similar outcomes and cheaper in price excluding the GCC. If you get into ABY's MPL you come out with 1,500hrs on an a320 within around 3-4 years (give or take), at around the 750 mark they offer a contract (apparently) and at 1,500hrs that MPL that you're "abandoned with" according to some people on this thread and can't do anything with; turns into an ATPL automatically. That's minimum for most other GCC carriers especially at the moment with the shortage of pilots in the region.

Please don't take away from my rant that this MPL programme is a Pay-to-Fly scheme, it's not. I will tell you first hand that there are some people that think it is in the course however; if you are not up to standards ABY takes no prisoners and will cut you loose. That's why when you read the contract it is so scary, but it is for exactly that. The people who think they can throw money at something and climb on into an Airbus flight deck.

Anyways, that's my two cents... if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

Safe flying boys and girls.

k.swiss
9th Dec 2016, 05:19
Not sure why everyone keeps harping on about these "low salaries"... It's only for 100 sectors then they include a flying allowance up until you reach the 1,500hrs which you can find a copy of online.

If you are joining this profession then you should have a few things already tucked under your belt, one being an organised/well time managed individual.

You've just completed ground school as well as the core flying phase without any salary and still been able to eat. (Might not have party every weekend, buying $1000 bottles for the fireworks to show off in the club.. but still been able to eat)

Now why wouldn't you factor the first couple months (100 sectors) of line training into the planning of not making any salary during training also?

Yes, I am sure everyone believes 5,000AED/month is robbery when you think the person controlling that 50,000kg metal tube traveling at 800km/h is getting paid just that. But then think about the not so fortunate pilots that start from the ground up... The pilots that start instructing on 152's to hopefully one day get enough hours to be considered for a charter pilot on a King Air. Then a crazy amount of time on a twin prop before United/Delta/BA/Qantas would even consider them. You'd be well into your 40's possibly 50's before you'd have a chance in a jet.

Yes this course is expensive, yes they pay "low salaries" initially. But upon completion...and you're not a lunatic... ABY offer you a contract and within 2-3 years after starting at Alpha as a cadet you're on +25kAED/month + flying allowances!!

Please tell me of other courses that are of similar outcomes and cheaper in price excluding the GCC. If you get into ABY's MPL you come out with 1,500hrs on an a320 within around 3-4 years (give or take), at around the 750 mark they offer a contract (apparently) and at 1,500hrs that MPL that you're "abandoned with" according to some people on this thread and can't do anything with; turns into an ATPL automatically. That's minimum for most other GCC carriers especially at the moment with the shortage of pilots in the region.

Please don't take away from my rant that this MPL programme is a Pay-to-Fly scheme, it's not. I will tell you first hand that there are some people that think it is in the course however; if you are not up to standards ABY takes no prisoners and will cut you loose. That's why when you read the contract it is so scary, but it is for exactly that. The people who think they can throw money at something and climb on into an Airbus flight deck.

Anyways, that's my two cents... if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

Safe flying boys and girls.
Well said. :D

pfvspnf
9th Dec 2016, 06:01
It most certainly a pay to fly scheme, no illusions about it . AED 570,000 plus a 110,000 deposit is a ridiculous amount of money. Return on investment is long and uncertain .

The day recession hits , the MPLs will be the first ones to be cut loose.

That being said , if you've got the resources , it's probably the quickest way to fly a jet.

How many MPLs have been fired ? Or let go ? From what I hear almost everyone has finished and are happy

a380neo
9th Dec 2016, 07:28
From what I hear almost everyone has finished and are happy

So what are you complaining about?

As far as Pay to Fly goes, yes if you look at it in the way that you give them money to fly yes.. but if you're not up to standards even though you've given them a lot of money ABY is not willing to risk the safety of 100's of others because you've got money... simple.

Return on investment? Let's say you've got F/O in 3 years of starting at Alpha and now on average AED35k/month (we won't include the time up to F/O making the "low salary" plus flying allowance); you're making AED420k/year all inclusive. Lets say you decide to rent a nice apartment and get a loan for a car you'd never get in the western world because if you did it would either get stolen or keyed, you're left with about AED250k. Now lets say you don't live in poverty but not blowing your money every week on stupid stuff, you spend AED50k/year on recreation.

You're left with around AED200k that you can put towards your debt of AED570k and have it paid off in 3 years whilst living the lifestyle that most go to Dubai to live.

Now lets take the Oxford Cadet scheme with lets say JetStar... It costs around AU$120-150k same sort of scheme and eventually you get into an a320. (we'll assume after 3 years) now you are on AU$90k/year, you get taxed around AU$21.5k leaving you with around AU$68.5k. I won't even bother doing that math on the same living the same lifestyle as you would in Dubai. Having an apartment in downtown Sydney or Melbourne is easily be $1,500/week!

Anyways, you all get the picture. In my mind, good return on investment...but what do I know.

Fly safe.

captain.weird
9th Dec 2016, 08:43
A380neo,

Do you get a contract before you have the 1,500hrs or after that? What are the thoughts within ABY? Do they want to keep the MPL students, or to they want to loose them? So they can have their scheme running...

Keep the blue side up dude.

a380neo
9th Dec 2016, 09:51
Valid question,

A lot of the cadets going through the programme have said around the 750hr mark ABY will offer the contract to keep you after the 1,500hrs. If you're performance isn't up to standard they will continue to monitor your progress and re-asses at 1,000hrs then again at 1,500hrs.

ABY don't hire pilots other than direct entry Captain as they want all MPLs to fill in the other spots. They currently have 40 something 320s with plans on ordering 40 more. Recently got delivery of 4 so growth isn't an issue. At the end of the day they want to keep you.

pfvspnf
9th Dec 2016, 15:50
40 more aircraft ? Really ?

k.swiss
9th Dec 2016, 22:02
40 more aircraft ? Really ?

Correct, not sure exact number but around that mark or in high 30's. Makes sense with all the attrition of MPL students.

pfvspnf
10th Dec 2016, 03:09
Can you provide any evidence of this ? I might be mistaken but all I see is that they confirmed the 5 options from the original 44 aircraft order which will top up the fleet . Unless you know something on the inside

pfvspnf
10th Dec 2016, 09:06
@380neo,

Firstly you don't earn AED35k for a very long time , it's an experienced base pay scale and you are at the bottom when you start .

Nice apartment ? You'll be staying in Sharjah which is a complete disaster , no infrastructure , strict rules and parts of it could be dangerous . Want to go to dubai and commute ? Minimum you are looking at 65-70k for an appartnebt that not good. Want nicer ones ? Executive towers/ dubai marina /Palm , at least a 100k. And landlords like one cheque

Yup Aby will cut you loose for any reason , even if they don't like you .

Admin at alpha is poor , not organized , a batch was stuck for months with passports in the Portuguese embassy .

Many instructors teaching ground school have limited experience

Just by the look of the place you can tell they've cut costs, ally harmony and they could have at least uograded facilities

Good stuff? I think Aby now has got training down to an art, I think most line trainjng captains are good and people are finishing finally, the long term viability of this with command upgrades , I don't know , I'm not very positive.

captain.weird
10th Dec 2016, 09:36
@380neo,

Firstly you don't earn AED35k for a very long time , it's an experienced base pay scale and you are at the bottom when you start .

Nice apartment ? You'll be staying in Sharjah which is a complete disaster , no infrastructure , strict rules and parts of it could be dangerous . Want to go to dubai and commute ? Minimum you are looking at 65-70k for an appartnebt that not good. Want nicer ones ? Executive towers/ dubai marina /Palm , at least a 100k. And landlords like one cheque

Yup Aby will cut you loose for any reason , even if they don't like you .

Admin at alpha is poor , not organized , a batch was stuck for months with passports in the Portuguese embassy .

Many instructors teaching ground school have limited experience

Just by the look of the place you can tell they've cut costs, ally harmony and they could have at least uograded facilities

Good stuff? I think Aby now has got training down to an art, I think most line trainjng captains are good and people are finishing finally, the long term viability of this with command upgrades , I don't know , I'm not very positive.
If someone wants to start now, the outlook needs to be positive for something like 4-5 years. Within this period, the candidate is already a FO with those 1500hrs. From that moment, it all depends on the person itself. Maybe he/she wants to fly for another carrier a la EK/QR/EY?

Air Arabia is not anymore an airline from Sharjah, but also from other places (Morocco, Egypt, Jordan). In my eyes, it is getting stronger.

AAA has never been an option for me (costwise), but for those who can afford, it can be a good investment.

k.swiss
10th Dec 2016, 09:55
Can you provide any evidence of this ? I might be mistaken but all I see is that they confirmed the 5 options from the original 44 aircraft order which will top up the fleet . Unless you know something on the inside
Confirmed thru ops. Sole reason AAA taking on so many cadets with the 1500H promise.

pfvspnf
11th Dec 2016, 03:22
Judging from your previous posts, you seem to be a newbie , don't let office rumours fool you. Things change quick

k.swiss
11th Dec 2016, 15:49
Judging from your previous posts, you seem to be a newbie , don't let office rumours fool you. Things change quick

Professional Pilots Rumour Network

Maybe I missed the part in t&c's where it said office rumors strictly prohibited. :=

Dualinput
12th Dec 2016, 02:31
@psvspnf
If you were the FO who had that incident in KRT, I agree you had a hard deal.

pfvspnf
12th Dec 2016, 07:55
Lol no I was not. I don't fly for ABY. I don't work in the sandpit, and I don't fly the a320.

I fly the bigger bus quite far away but have a very good idea on how the sand box works .

What happened in KRT? MPL incident ?

Dualinput
13th Dec 2016, 12:38
Okay thanks!

striker26
14th Dec 2016, 18:45
The program itself is about 20k+ USD more than CTC's QR program, add the accommodation costs + the poor starting salary in comparison, you're running at about 225k usd debt, at a salary that pays 1500/mo usd to start...and then 5000 usd/mo basic FO...just wow....dont forget the bond with the type rating cost infused to make sure you dont leave!

Seem's like a scheme for the rich already living in the sandpits...

k.swiss
14th Dec 2016, 21:45
The program itself is about 20k+ USD more than CTC's QR program, add the accommodation costs + the poor starting salary in comparison, you're running at about 225k usd debt, at a salary that pays 1500/mo usd to start...and then 5000 usd/mo basic FO...just wow....dont forget the bond with the type rating cost infused to make sure you dont leave!

Seem's like a scheme for the rich already living in the sandpits...

20K+ USD compared to the CTC Whitewings scheme. But in return 1500H on A320, provided you are passing to ABY's standard. I'm not going to rant and rave about the course but it beats what other FTO's offer in terms of frozen ATPL.

CTC also have a nifty clause which says 98% of pilots go on to be FO's. The catch being this also includes their own scheme which is far from meaningful employment as a FO.

Now it's up to you which you would prefer..

Officer Kite
15th Dec 2016, 15:37
20K+ USD compared to the CTC Whitewings scheme. But in return 1500H on A320, provided you are passing to ABY's standard. I'm not going to rant and rave about the course but it beats what other FTO's offer in terms of frozen ATPL.

CTC also have a nifty clause which says 98% of pilots go on to be FO's. The catch being this also includes their own scheme which is far from meaningful employment as a FO.

Now it's up to you which you would prefer..

I'm not sure why you're such an avid fan of this scheme, it really is diabolical, but each to their own, I just couldn't afford it (even if I could I wouldn't go here though).

Becoming a pilot these days is almost like making an investment. This scheme is one of the poorer investments on all fronts. The school's attitude towards its students and those inquiring says everything you need to know about them anyway.

k.swiss
15th Dec 2016, 17:21
I'm not sure why you're such an avid fan of this scheme, it really is diabolical, but each to their own, I just couldn't afford it (even if I could I wouldn't go here though).

Becoming a pilot these days is almost like making an investment. This scheme is one of the poorer investments on all fronts. The school's attitude towards its students and those inquiring says everything you need to know about them anyway.

You are correct and the price is steep. Thankfully I am enrolled in a cadet program back home, but this would have been my main choice given the hours. Cadets that perform will make it, otherwise yes you are at the mercy of the airline.

What more is there to say?

pfvspnf
15th Dec 2016, 17:30
You hit the nail with the schools attitude. They could care less and are arrogant. Part of the problem is the students themselves , just visit the place , rich kids , uniforms are worn poorly, talking loudly , excessive smoking and selfie taking is all present. Not professional

k.swiss
15th Dec 2016, 20:28
You hit the nail with the schools attitude. They could care less and are arrogant. Part of the problem is the students themselves , just visit the place , rich kids , uniforms are worn poorly, talking loudly , excessive smoking and selfie taking is all present. Not professional
Excessive smoking yes. :ok: I was surprised by that too. As for attitude etc, I can only focus on myself and I believe its a big part. Accepting the environment and making it work no matter what.

Those who perform in the top of the batch have no problems or so I was given the impression.

k.swiss
16th Dec 2016, 20:16
right now the only actual problem are the delays. the company doesnt loose anything to make you wait, therefore there are massive delays between every stage of this program. these delays go All the way to the line training.

sum total of delays between each stage plus delays for base training and plus delays in the line training, imagine the amount of extra money you pay for accomadation after already paying 440k(550k now), the 18 months course is the training period, not the total time you spend with Alpha( it doesnt include delays ). it takes almost 22 months to 30 months to get your license.

After you get released as a first officer, you'll have a decsent pay almost of 15k AED and good roster. basically, the good life starts at this point.

the 5000 salary and the unpredicted roster makes it only worse.

imagine if you had left your job for this or had some commitments or planned any other personal need, and suddenly your training gets delayed.

other wise this program is the best, refer to my prev post on this thread regarding the pros and cons of this program. do asses these factors before comming here . Air Arabia have the best managment and staff, they are very kind and open, the company values and respects its workforce . The Ceo was awarded the best ceo award too. The Alpha staff are also very nice . Both Alpha and air arabia are very strict in their policies including the uniform policy. As for smoking, thats a personal problem and we cant blame anybody except the smoking induvidual for that.

ignore pfvspnf , he is a failed cadet from Alpha philipines, he doesnt have anything good to say because of the way this company had operated in that country.

good luck

I think this is a balanced view Aiza, thank you. As for delays do you think this is something that will get better over time? I agree it is costly to wait around. But last I heard there were only delays of 1mo after ground school waiting for visas to begin core flying.

k.swiss
16th Dec 2016, 21:56
its not true , its a marketing technique , the delays increase with time because of reduced capacity and the Alpha finds it efficient to operate like this.

I can understand that. Thank you for your insight.

pfvspnf
17th Dec 2016, 05:29
excuse me? Failed cadet from the philippines?
Why state things that are untrue?

Never been an MPL cadet, never been enrolled in alpha, dont know what you get that from

Ive never failed an OPC or a line check (touchwood)

Is it not true that the school is an enlarged porta cabin?
is it not true that so many of its students are immature?
is it not true that the admin is slow and rude?
is it not true that you are not guarenteed a job and can be cut at anytime with no refund?

please dont accuse me when you dont know me.

k.swiss
17th Dec 2016, 22:40
Is it not true that the school is an enlarged porta cabin?

Facilities are a located near the Sharjah Airport Cargo Zone. No porta-cabin, but far from the most luxurious 8 stars habbibi. Also, FFS facilities are provided by ABY itself.

is it not true that so many of its students are immature?

Will the other cadets be sitting your exams? Just focus on being a great pilot. Each batch will have it's strong and weak points.

is it not true that the admin is slow and rude?

Can't comment too much. They can be slow but everything needs to pass the authorities, especially during the initial stages. Again I have never experienced rude, but I have experienced blunt.

is it not true that you are not guarenteed a job and can be cut at anytime with no refund?

Show me a FTO that guarantees you a job? It's all down to your own hard work. ICAO shows that ABY hires the most MPL cadets to date. (and all through AAG)

pfvspnf
18th Dec 2016, 04:07
Thanks for clearing that up , I'm sure people that are joining feel much more at ease haha!

pfvspnf
19th Dec 2016, 04:48
Ignoring other people's opinions. I'll give you an "A" for CRM, you must be a bundle of joy to fly with!

Dualinput
19th Dec 2016, 06:00
Easy boys easy! We don't need personal grudges here!
There are "good" as well as "bad" sides of any organization. In this case Air Arabia/Alpha. This is a platform where such issues can be highlighted. One has to be prudent enough to understand what suits him/her the most...

It's been a few years Alpha has been running and as of today, I offer my personal opinion below. Just for the record, I am long time with Air Arabia and all the info is first hand and not based on what I hear/read!!!! I will save the best for the last so I start with disadvantages first!

Disadvantages of Alpha / Air Arabia
1. MPL course is expensive! (But the fastest way to reach right seat of A320)
2. Delays in training. (All flight schools have delays! Name one school in the world which guarantees a license within the time promised!)
3. No job guarantee. (Most cadets still end up getting contracts. A small percentage don't. You still get your 1500h on A320 and MPL unfreezes to become a "full unrestricted ATPL" unless you yourself drop out of the course or don't make thru the training. So far I am aware of only one cadet who did not make it! Also remember, there are NO GUARANTEES in aviation. It has to be performance based and unfortunately there is no place for non performing guys. Harsh reality but that's how it should be!
4. Low salary initially
5. Some immature cadets (this has nothing to do with the airline/flight school or MPL/non MPL. These exceptions will be the same anywhere they go!)

Advantages
1. Still the fastest why to reach the RHS of a A320
2. Top notch training. Even a brand new FO I fly with does an excellent job!
3. Excellent exposure. One of the finest places to fly in terms of experience. Air Arabia exploits entire envelope of the A320! Hot wx ops, cold wx ops, ETOPS, monsoon, complex airfields, escape routes, uncontrolled airfields, etc
4. Excellent cockpit / management culture. We have open door policy! Free to walk to chief pilot/ director ops anytime! Very friendly atmosphere with ground staff, engineering, cabin crew, etc. Very good CRM, capts don't give hard time to FOs :D
5. Decent career progression. Several MPL guys successfully flying in EK/EY/Qatar etc. The initial batches who continued to stay back, nearing their command!!!
6. Supportive management. Cadets (if required) are given extra training, observation flights, extra simulator session, extra training flights.

Yes, there are few problems in the company (like any other company) but the fact is Alpha is a successful course for cadets as well as Air Arabia and most people are extremely happy to be here!

Hope this helps!
Happy Holidays and safe flying!

twinjetskip
19th Dec 2016, 14:43
A known friend of mine wanted to get in this course, he had been saving for it past 3 years.. back then it was only AED 1500/- for the one time assessment fee, which turned to AED 3000/- till early this year and now apparently excluding Class 1 medical (which is around 2500/-) it's around AED 7000/- just for the "selection" assessment only, the overall course fee (excluding assessment and Class 1) went up from around 420,000 couple years back to recently till now something about AED 570,000 and now for next year they are revising the prices (unconfirmed) don't expect anything less, maybe a 600k+... The training centre in Greece for core flying is no more and its currently with G Air in Portugal.. They have a few delays between coreflying and line/base training.. starting salary as junior F.O is 5k AED/month till you do your sectors. Overall costs are excluding accommodation, visa, uniforms, transport to and from the academy etc,. In my honest opinion its too pricey for a Pay~to~fly program but if you've got daddy's money or extra cash to pool out, it's not a bad option as this gets you typed on a A320 with 1500h ATPL. Don't drain down, I've heard better from CTC. It all comes down to personal choice. It is an expensive course but you'll make it through.

Dogkim
4th Jan 2017, 18:38
[QUOTE=k.swiss]
I have sent you a pm. Can you please check it?

Jimbo380
11th Jan 2017, 06:11
Hi everyone, I'm doing the AAA assessment on the 24th Jan and am currently prepping. Appreciate is may not be the most difficult of tests but still would like to be prepared as much as poss.

Does anyone know if you are able to use a calculator on the maths and physics sections? It says we are in the instructions but I'm still not 100% sure if it has changed since the last 'restructure' and they just haven't updates their collateral.

Also are the numerical and scientific reasoning questions or simple questions?

thanks in advance if anyone has additional info.

James