PDA

View Full Version : Load control / Dispatcher

nuddio
8th Aug 2010, 16:48
Can anybody help?

I have been offered a job as an aircraft dispatcher / load controller, with the focus being on load planning, preparation and dispatch of both manual and system generated loadsheets for aircraft. My only reservation about taking the job is to whether I need a load control licence (is there such a thing?) to be able to produce loadsheets...if so how do I get one? Should my employer pay for this or do I have to?

redsnail
8th Aug 2010, 18:19
In the US a dispatcher needs a licence, in Euro land, no.

nuddio
8th Aug 2010, 20:16
Thank you for info :)

foo_mansoor
15th Aug 2010, 19:13
hi to all,
i m doing dispatcher course from PAKISTAN. i need guidance abt this course. what is the prospectus of this course in the aviation world. it is a license course .plz kindly guide me in this regard

karlove
18th Aug 2010, 13:54
Load Planning licenses are provided by the airline, given that you have had your basic training and are familiar with manual and system based load sheet.

-its just like they're saying that you have authority or that you are qualified to produce loadsheet

On Air
26th Aug 2010, 23:08
In Europe, some countries authorities wants to be a licence holder for a flight dispatcher.

Whiteknight68
28th Aug 2010, 13:05
Lufthansa has a load control licence.
First level is narrow body aircrafts up to B737-500 or A321, then there is another up to the A380 (will be soon)
it is valid 2 years. Done inhouse.

:ok: