PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk POH

jad79
7th Aug 2010, 00:53
Hi boys & girls.

Can anyone direct me to a copy of an online POH for a PA-38 Tomahawk?? Got a flight coming up but dont have access to the aircraft until the actual day.

Just after the specs.. fuel burn etc.

Thanks in Advance!

Safe Flying,

Jad

FlyingStone
7th Aug 2010, 07:42
I don't think you'll find one online, I tried hard and didn't come up with anything useful.

However I do have one in paper form, I can give you the data you require - the average fuel burn (to be on the safe side) is 7 U.S. gallons per hour, in "real life" probably 6.7 or 6.8 if you lean as stated in POH.

cjd_a320
5th Sep 2011, 16:43
Some good PA38 Guides & Checklists on ebay.

PA-38 pilots guide | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=PA-38+pilots+guide)

Cheers

Spit161
5th Sep 2011, 16:53
I don't think you'll find one online, I tried hard and didn't come up with anything useful.

+1. You may get lucky with somewhere like Flight Store or even Amazon.

cheers,
Jake.

StevenH510
6th Sep 2011, 11:33
AFE Pilot's Guide, Piper PA38 Tomahawk : AFE - Airplan Flight (http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=667)

I brought this book when I was studying for my PPL and found it extremely useful, its not the POH, but it provides you with a lot of the information about the aircraft that you can put to good use,

Hope this helps

Steve

mad_jock
19th Aug 2012, 08:43
Thats a FAA POH the Aussie one might be quite a bit different. The UK one is.

And those AFE checklists are wrong if you compare them to the POH.

Beethoven
19th Aug 2012, 17:08
I have definitely found a site as I downloaded it some time ago. I will try and find where I got it from and post it here.

Beet

Genghis the Engineer
19th Aug 2012, 21:06
Thats a FAA POH the Aussie one might be quite a bit different. The UK one is.

And those AFE checklists are wrong if you compare them to the POH.

They also, surreally, don't include any emergency drills - short or expanded, which is a massive omission.

G