PDA

View Full Version : DIEHL XTC Ultralight: info wanted

pointyendforward
6th Aug 2010, 21:58
I've just become the new owner of a Diehl XTC ultralight that first flew in 1989. It was designed by Dan Diehl in the USA in the early 1980's and was subsequently produced in kit form in Australia.
I would like to make contact other owners / previous owners of these so I can "pick their brains" prior to first flight and first water ops. Also keen to get hold of any photos / articles or any other info that may be floating around.
If anyone can help please drop a line or PM me.

Thanks in advance----

bill.m
31st Aug 2010, 02:48
I have a diehl xtc Serial #02. Ive been looking for some one that knows some thing about them. I havn't flown mine but have it hung as a display in the hanger. Some day I might fly it if I can find some info about them. I do have the full construction book and some other info. Let me know if you find any thing about the planes.

2hotwot
1st Sep 2010, 18:00
Does this aircraft come into the SSDR (single seat de-regulated) category?

pointyendforward
16th Jan 2011, 00:22
Hi billm
I've just picked up on your reply regarding the XTC. I hope to fly mine for the first time this week (weather permitting) so hopefully will be able to report back on how it goes. I have a reasonable amount of info that came with my XTC when I bought it; both construction notes and newsletters / personal correspondence from Dan Diehl back in the late 1980's. What info would you like? Send me a private message (more chance of me receiving it!).

Cheers---

Brittany Anthony
28th May 2012, 22:33
We too have recently acquired an XTC- good news, we have an early version of the manual! Please contact us, as it would be great to have someone else to discuss with.

pointyendforward
16th Oct 2013, 21:44
If anyone wants to get in touch with me regarding the XTC please send me a PM as I rarely check here for posts.

Cheers

fredholloway
14th May 2014, 04:39
What's a pm?

Do you have any information of the Dhiel XTC?

I have an xtc that I have just completed restoration and high speed taxi test. I would like to talk with some one who knows the bird and more importantly has a manual... fred 256 739 0444 mobile 256 841 2091 or [email protected]

500ft
16th May 2014, 00:53
There is one for sale in New Zealand currently. You might be able to contact the owner via the ad.

Diehl XTC Amphibian Microlight | Trade Me (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/aircraft/aircraft/auction-729738610.htm)

Interesting looking machine.

tmmorris
16th May 2014, 06:34
fredholloway

A PM is a Private Message - click on the name of the poster next to the post, then 'send a private message to...'

Nirk
9th May 2015, 08:27
Dear friends,
Does someone have DIEHL XTC Ultralight's plans & blueprints? Does smb. know where to get (purchase?) them?
Thank you!

pointyendforward
14th Nov 2015, 03:25
Plans / blueprints were never available for the XTC. They were sold as a kit consisting of premoulded components for the hull and mainly raw materials for the remainder of the aircraft.

DiehlXTC007
28th Oct 2017, 17:27
Hey there I've just become the new owner of a Diehl XTC as well. Did you ever find out any info on yours? I have very little info on mine and I am searching for some. Have you flown yours yet? Very interested in finding others with more info and other owners. Thanks for sharing any knowledge you have about the XTC. Roger

scottaumann
7th Dec 2018, 00:20
Hello ALL I am very interested in the XTC and am looking to buy one - anyone have any info please text me - or PM here

9i2 - 2io - O175 my name is Scott in Florida

-----------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Renato Catelan
31st Aug 2020, 05:03
Hello,
Anybody still active on this thread? I might be able to get my hands on a XTC and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Renato

DiehlXTC007
4th Sep 2020, 16:45
Hello,
Anybody still active on this thread? I might be able to get my hands on a XTC and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Renato
Hey there just by chance I was checking this out and saw your post. I have an xtc. I haven't flown it yet but working on it.

Dave Mahnekap
6th Nov 2020, 20:39
Friend has one...been trying to get up out of water to no avail. Interested in chatting...dave

Do you have any information of the Dhiel XTC?

I have an xtc that I have just completed restoration and high speed taxi test. I would like to talk with some one who knows the bird and more importantly has a manual... fred 256 739 0444 mobile 256 841 2091 or [email protected][/QUOTE]