PDA

View Full Version : A320 ACP Transmission key operation

GarageYears
5th Aug 2010, 19:18
Could someone please confirm that the transmission keys on the ACP on an A320 do NOT enable the selected channel for reception and that it is necessary to select the reception knob of the corresponding knob to hear audio on the channel you just selected for Tx?

For example if I push the VHF1 transmission key the three green lines come on the key. At this point (with nothing else selected) keying the mic with cause a transmission, but I will be unable to receive (either my sidetone or external reception). If I then select the VHF1 reception knob and turn it clockwise I hear both my sidetone (when I transmit) and any external reception once I release the mic PTT. So I only hear what I have selected on the reception knobs, irrespective of the transmission keys.

This seems to be what the Airbus docs indicate, but is different from almost any other aircraft I worked on before. For example, on the 737NG, selecting VHF1 for transmit, enables reception on VHF1 based on the current volume knob rotation, whether I have pushed the VHF1 reception knob or not. So in other words I hear on what I selected for transmit, in addition to any other channels I have selected for reception.

Thanks, GY :8

tom775257
5th Aug 2010, 19:23
Correct :ok: