PDA

View Full Version : New PPL & Experience Building Flyout - Duxford Airfield August 14th

VFR Transit
4th Aug 2010, 19:48
Final Update.......

I am now pleased to announce that the 2nd annual ‘New PPL & Experienced Flyout’ will this year be held in conjunction with Duxford Airfield; and has been awarded as a special bonus day.
The event that will be held on Saturday 14th August and is promising to be a great day out for all Pilots including Students. Some of the items of interest will include...

• Discounted Landing Fees
• Discounted Museum Admission Fee
• Chances to compared notes with other new Pilots
• Chance to benefit from knowledge of experienced Pilots
• Take part in any of the 3 talks
• Guided Tours of the Museum Facilities – See the Warbirds Up Close with an experienced and knowledgeable Guide

Tour Information

Depending on numbers possible tours could include Airspace, Hanger 4 and American Air Museum. These tours are expected to run at 11:30am with the meeting place being at the Briefing Room located on the 1st floor of the Control Tower.

(Please provide names and preferred tour in order to confirm numbers.)

Talk Information

Talk 1 (Speaker Dave Ridley) – AOPA Aerobatics Certificate & Formation Flying
Talk 2 (Speaker Craig Richardson) – Flying Beyond PPL & Getting Through That 1st Year
Talk 3 (Speaker AOPA UK) – AOPA Mentor/Mentee Programme

Talks are expected to commence at around 12noon and will be repeated later in the afternoon depending on numbers.
New PPLs/Students looking for a lift or ballast, and experienced Pilots offering lifts are to confirm on the Forum so we can match you up.

To attend, you need to phone Duxford for PPR and a briefing and get a broad slot landing time - 01223 833376 as soon as you can.

Any questions please contact me via the forum.

Thanks
VFR

VFR Transit
5th Aug 2010, 07:09
Don't forget that you need to book your PPR

VFR

Rod1
5th Aug 2010, 10:52
I can attend as an “experienced pilot” and can provide a lift from the Tatenhill area in the MCR. If you want a talk on “collision avoidance” or “building your own aircraft” let me know. I can also answer any questions on running an LAA aircraft if people are interested.

Rod1

VFR Transit
6th Aug 2010, 07:04
Just booked my Slot and will arrive around 10am

VFR