PDA

View Full Version : plane crash near phoenix, usa

protectthehornet
4th Aug 2010, 13:49
early reports have a cirrus crashing into a warehouse neare deer valley airport, 15 miles from phoenix, arizona

plane thought to be landing or taking off on runway 7...early morning (sun into eyes?);

also, since cirrus involved in crashing into manhattan apartment , flown by baseball player...and lawsuits involving flight controls...one must wonder.

pilot thought dead...no others...wx great

aterpster
4th Aug 2010, 14:07
protectthhelment:

also, since cirrus involved in crashing into manhattan apartment , flown by baseball player...and lawsuits involving flight controls...one must wonder.

I don't recall the Manhattan condo crash having a flight control issue. Do you?

fleigle
4th Aug 2010, 14:11
With lawyers involved why do facts have anything to do with it..?? :{
:E
f

mcgoo
4th Aug 2010, 14:18
Plane crashes at Deer Valley Airport | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | National News (http://www.azfamily.com/news/national/99937364.html)

protectthehornet
4th Aug 2010, 14:34
aterpster

mind you, I didn't say the flight controls caused the crash...but there were threats of lawsuits etc regarding flight control issues...

one must wonder though?

n5296s
4th Aug 2010, 16:00
WHY must one wonder? I'm not personally a Cirrus fan, but there is so much BS written about them that I even I sometimes feel I have to come to their defence. Their accident rate has been analysed ad nauseum, it is a little higher than the average but probably accounted for by the fact that they also seem to fly rather more hours.

As for lawsuits, this is the US... where there are lawyers, there are lawsuits, mostly profoundly unjustified and sadly often won nevertheless thanks to the ignorance of juries.

Time to get a grip on reality...

n5296s

AfricanEagle
4th Aug 2010, 20:00
No need to wonder.

If you feel uncomfortable, don't fly one and let others enjoy.

Pilot DAR
4th Aug 2010, 22:36
Why must I wonder about Cirrus aircraft any more than any other type? I wonder about a lot of things, but I don't carelessly speculate about them, with no evidence or firm basis, on an public forum. That would not be the responsible thing to do!

protectthehornet
5th Aug 2010, 03:27
ok, just a crash in the traffic pattern...probably an engine failure and someone not ready for it.

I saw a bonanza spin in on downwind to base turn...right out of overhaul the engine quit. guy walked away with a broken wrist.

at palo alto,california.

n5296s
5th Aug 2010, 05:57
at palo alto,california
When was that?

John

barrow
5th Aug 2010, 07:22
There is nothing wrong with Cirri, they are fine aircraft, it's the type of owner/pilot they attract is where the problem lies.
There is nothing wrong with bonanza's either, unless you're a doctor of course!