PDA

View Full Version : Landing accident at Croft Farm, Defford

Humaround
3rd Aug 2010, 17:09
To get in ahead of any rumours, our Emeraude suffered a landing accident at Croft Farm around 1300 local - the aircraft nosed over. The pilot was one of the owning syndicate, and I am another. The pilot suffered a cut to the forehead and was rescued from the upturned aircraft by Goucestershire's wonderful Air Ambulance crew, who are based only 2 miles away. The pilot was 'walking wounded' and was taken to A&E by car. He did not appear to be badly hurt but of course was shaken. I'm waiting to hear that he's returned home.

Many thanks to the emergency services who were fantastic, and to Clive and Michael at the farm.

Rod1
3rd Aug 2010, 17:45
Glad he is ok.

How is the aircraft?

Rod1

Humaround
3rd Aug 2010, 17:59
Definitely repairable, but probably not so professionally within the value of the aircraft, I would think. Engine will need to be shock load tested, new prop, canopy, and very likely the fuselage covering removed to check for damage. Lower cowling, elevator linkage damaged. Would be a good project for someone, probably not me though.

It's not been a good week. Yesterday my wife backed the Jag into a stone wall, today the Em - probably best not to get out of bed tomorrow... :eek: