PDA

View Full Version : Practical joke or just plane stupid?

Captain-Random
1st Aug 2010, 13:49
The moment a terrified passenger thought his pilot had lost consciousness | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1298865/The-moment-terrified-passenger-thought-pilot-lost-consciousness.html)

KandiFloss
1st Aug 2010, 13:56
Aircraft are just not the places for pratting about in. := His pax sounded terrified ... as you would be. I ditto the comments that people on YouTube have said ... he needs his licence taking off him. Hopefully the CAA will see the clip.

mcgoo
1st Aug 2010, 14:01
I think the joke is on the Youtube audience, the 'terrified' passenger still managed to keep the camera going and held it stable while letting out his 'blood curdling' screams.

englishal
1st Aug 2010, 14:02
looks like a youtube setup to me....

Captain-Random
1st Aug 2010, 14:03
I thought it looked a bit suspect especially with what mcgoo said about him keeping the camera straight

J.A.F.O.
1st Aug 2010, 17:08
Yes, you're all right, not funny at all. :ok:

pitot_noob
1st Aug 2010, 17:10
Ha,

Every time I go unconscious I also, by automatic reaction, pull back the power in my unconscious state so we go into a descent....
Oh and if I could keep it that wings level while unconscious.. that'd be good too!

It's a rubbish example of a fix.

Blues&twos
1st Aug 2010, 18:45
Talking of stupid, has anyone seen the video footage of a Beadle-esque practical joke played on a foreign TV presenter (Italian I think)?

She's doing a piece to camera, and if I remember correctly, the pilot asks the 'sound man' or whatever to hold the control column while he checks something out. He leaves his seat, the guy holding the control column rolls the aircraft abruptly and the pilot 'accidentally' falls out of the open side door.

The woman was understandably completely hysterical by the time they landed and told her it was all a set up.:ugh:

mingmongaloo
1st Aug 2010, 18:49
Pitot noob, it was a joke. Everyone knows the pilot was in on it, obviously. The people questioning its veracity are talking about whether the screaming guy was in on it, or acting as well.