PDA

View Full Version : FAA PPL-H to FAA PPL-A

DerHausi
29th Jul 2010, 12:51
Hello, sorry to bother again but does someone know the requirements for a conversion from FAA PPL-H to FAA PPL-A (trying to fly a Cessna 172). I know that I do not have to take the written again but what are the requirements for oral and flying ?
Thanks, Der Hausi

birrddog
29th Jul 2010, 12:58
The license would be the PPL(A)-"Add on".

I believe it requires 35hrs flying, some of the cross country is waived.

You get credit for the written, though would need to do the Oral during the Practical test.

It is also applicable if you have your CPL (i.e. you can turn a CPL(H) to CPL(A))

Don't have any links handy, but I have seen quite a few schools, who advertise this. (Those who advertise tend to be schools that do both Fixed and Heli training, though any fixed wing place should be able to do it - though I'd personally go with a school that has done it specifically)

Here is a link to North East Helicopters Add-on (http://www.northeasthelicopters.com/add-on.htm) package description, though it discusses PPL/CPL(A)->(H)

(I don't know them, just one I had seen in the past, and using here as an example)

DerHausi
29th Jul 2010, 13:46
Thanks for the very quick feedback. I will investigate a bit further. Have tried to reach out to the flight school that I did the H at but they have not replied yet....

Peter PanPan
31st Jul 2010, 07:46
DerHausi, adding a new category to your certificate: * § 61.63 (b)

As SoCal said you need to meet the Aeronautical experience requirements laid on: § 61.109 (a)

Worth mentioning: you can get it done in 30 hours flying provided that you get the 20 hours dual and 10 hours solo.