PDA

View Full Version : The appropriate ATS authority

SayItIsntSo
26th Jul 2010, 04:56
Help, please.
When I am flying VFR in Class G Airspace below 3000 feet in compliance with ICAO Annex 2, Chapter 3.9 (Table 3-1) and the flight visibility drops below 5 km, provided it is ‘prescribed by the appropriate ATS authority’, and I am flying at an appropriate speed I can continue down to a flight visibility of 1500 metres.
How do I know / where can I find out, who the ‘appropriate ATS authority’ is?

samotnik
26th Jul 2010, 05:45
Usually it's who published the AIP for your FIR. Check it there.

SayItIsntSo
27th Jul 2010, 07:09
Didn't get a great response when I asked this quesition on the 'ATC Issues' Forum, only 0.5% feedback or thereabouts. Maybe I will do better here.

My question is:

'When I am flying VFR in Class G Airspace below 3000 feet in compliance with ICAO Annex 2, Chapter 3.9 (Table 3-1) and the flight visibility drops below 5 km, provided it is ‘prescribed by the appropriate ATS authority’, and I am flying at an appropriate speed I can continue down to a flight visibility of 1500 metres.

How do I know / where can I find out, who the ‘appropriate ATS authority’ is?'

Thanks.

Spitoon
27th Jul 2010, 10:21
I thought you got a pretty good reply on the ATC forum. To expand slightly, the relevant AIP should tell you - in GEN 1-1 or 3-3, if memory serves.

SayItIsntSo
29th Jul 2010, 10:12
Samotnik,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I have resolved my issue for the time being.

Further research has established that the authority for the FIRs we operate in has filed a difference in which the phrase the 'appropriate ATS authority’ has been deleted.

HA

SayItIsntSo
29th Jul 2010, 10:14
Spitoon,

Thank you very much for your assistance. With the input from you and Samotnik I have resolved my issue for the time being.

Further research has established that the authority for the FIRs we operate in has filed a difference in which the phrase the 'appropriate ATS authority’ has been deleted.

HA