PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Piper Bonus Day 24/07/2010

7of9
25th Jul 2010, 11:14
Duxford were holding a Piper Bonus Day on Saturday 24th July.
If you arrive in a Piper you got Cheaper landing fee's £7.00 instead of the £14.00 & cheaper Museum entrance £7.00 per person.
My Route was from Sandtoft to Bottesford then down to Royston to join downwind in Duxford's circuit. I flew at 4500 feet for most of the way down occasionally having to descend to remain VFR as some clouds were lower base outside of the blue.
Duxford was my first ever long distance cross country since passing my PPL at 98 miles each way & also i landed at Duxford on the Grass runway which was also a first for me as i had never landed on Grass before.
The return trip was at 5200 feet as there was intense Gliding activity between Royston & Wyton so i assume there must have been some Gliding Comps or Task being flown as we encountered at least 15 Gliders flying the opposite way to us at different levels & i had to avoid one coming towards me at a similar level.
Flight time was 1hour 20 mins both ways.
This was a great flight & all aerial photo's were take by my wife Gillian Marshall

All Photo's can bee seen here;

Flight to Duxford EGSU 24/07/2010 :: Fotopic.Net (http://trevor1019.fotopic.net/c1875434.html)

Thanks for looking.

Cheers Trev