PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation Request - Interested in becoming aPilot

Lefa
21st Jul 2010, 15:47
My boyfriend is interested in learning to fly and would like to go up in a Cessna (or something similar) to get a feel for what it's like.

I'd like to surprise him with a weekend away (we currently live in Barcelona) to a place that offers the opportunity to go up for an hour with a pilot or teacher in a great flying location. He speaks English and Italian.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

Kempus
22nd Jul 2010, 12:06
Just thought I'd bump you back up to the top to see if you get a reply. I'm not sure about flying in that area myself as fly the bigger stuff onto acres of grey tarmac.

If no joy here ask in the professional training forum but if you do it might be an idea to say it is a trial flight rather than full blown training to aviod opening a can of worms so to speak!

All the best!

Kempus

MDHAC
22nd Jul 2010, 12:45
I recently flew into Panshanger. Its just North of London so would have things to do other than fly, looks like it has a decent set up for flying lessons/trail flights and has a good cafe while you waited on the ground (unless you took a 4 seat) so may be worth a look. However you cant guarantee the weather in the UK! Id suggest you pick a city/town you'd like to go to and then look for airfields near to it.

Heliplane
22nd Jul 2010, 15:08
You'll probably find that most towns/cities in the western world have a little airport within a reasonable distance and many of those little airports have flying schools, just about all of which would happily do a trial lesson.

Post a few suggestions of where and when you're considering for a weekend away and no doubt someone here will have a bit of local knowledge and can suggest somewhere specific.

Johnm
22nd Jul 2010, 15:42
Jerez might be a good place, it has a flying training school. Nearer to Barcelona Sabadell has a flying club You might be able to get some help from Jerez by phoning 956 150000 and sabadell 937 282100