PDA

View Full Version : Qantas, the Pesky Child and the American Tourist

Dropt McGutz
20th Jul 2010, 05:37
One would have to understand why the child's parents weren't responisble? Screaming child lands Qantas in court after sending woman deaf | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/news/screaming-child-lands-qantas-in-court-after-sending-woman-deaf/story-fn32891l-1225894589406)

blueloo
20th Jul 2010, 06:12
why the child's parents weren't responsible

......I think the child was 67 so I suspect her parents are dead.
:}

Jabawocky
20th Jul 2010, 08:23
Her lawyer, Brian Lawler, argued Qantas was negligent because the plane's cabin and cockpit crew failed "to take all the necessary precautions to prevent the accident that resulted" in her "injury".

I would love to have a nice cold bear with Mr Lawler........sounds like he is either very dumb, or just a money hungry scum sucking bottom dweller of the legal profession who probably should have some disciplinary action taken against him by those in his own profession for bring their profession into further disrepute.

What sort of moron takes on a case like this..........really thses cases should not get to a court. The initial interview from the lawyer should have a bit of "due dilligence" conducted at the plaintiff's expense (always) in order to protect the courts and the legal profession from plain and stupid claims. If the Lawyer then takes on the case, and its clearly stupid, the judge should throw it out of court at the Stupid Lawyers expense (always) for allowing it to get that far.

That would then sort o few sheep from the goats. :mad:

And Lawyers wonder why they get a bad name :ugh:.

Ultralights
20th Jul 2010, 08:24
Cmon, its 2010! No one is responsible for their own lives let alone their children!

GENKI
20th Jul 2010, 08:52
qantas seems to settle every case taken against them. Sometimes the cost of defending an action with the resultant publicity is more expensive than throwing a few bucks at some loser to go away.

you will find most companies do this

Stationair8
20th Jul 2010, 09:36
Trying sitting next one stupid mother and obnoxious child for nearly twenty two hours!!!

tail wheel
20th Jul 2010, 09:36
"What sort of moron takes on a case like this..."

Those law firms whose fees are based upon a percentage of the damages awarded. Class actions - e.g. the James Hardy matter estimated at AU$1.573 billion in 2003 - pay very well. Legal fees up to 40% are not uncommon.

A certain female Prime Minister was a litigation lawyer at one of Australia's largest law firms well known for actions of this nature, before entering politics.

chimbu warrior
20th Jul 2010, 11:01
just a money hungry scum sucking bottom dweller of the legal profession who probably should have some disciplinary action taken against him by those in his own profession for bring their profession into further disrepute.

You know what they say about lawyers..........99% of them give the rest of their profession a bad name. :ok:

assasin8
20th Jul 2010, 11:22
On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple was involved in a fatal car accident... The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting they began to wonder: Could they possibly get married in Heaven?

When St. Peter arrived they asked him if they could get married in heaven. St. Peter said, "I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out," and he left.

The couple sat and waited for an answer.....for a couple of months.

While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were allowed to get married in Heaven, SHOULD they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all? "What if it doesn't work? Are we stuck in Heaven together FOREVER?"

Another month passed. St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled. "Yes," he informed the couple, "You CAN get married in Heaven.."

"Great!" said the couple. "But we were just wondering: what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"

St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the ground."What' s wrong?" asked the frightened couple.

"OH, COME ON!!" St. Peter shouted. "It took me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take to find a lawyer?"

Sorry about the thread drift, but if we got rid of the lawyers, who else would we make jokes about?:p

desmotronic
20th Jul 2010, 11:32
Quite right Tailwheel. Who do those mesothelioma victims think they are. :hmm:

Mesothelioma victims are entitled to be compensated. I'm not sure the legal fraternity is morally entitled to the "commissions" they charge!

Tail Wheel

onetrack
20th Jul 2010, 13:55
a money hungry scum sucking bottom dweller of the legal profession

Pray tell... are there actually some OTHER types of lawyers? If there are, please point them out, when one is sighted! They surely must be on the endangered species list...... :suspect: