PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue announces Q3 Profit

glider insider
16th Nov 2001, 12:45
From the jetBlue website...

"New York, NY (November 7, 2001) - JetBlue Airways today reported operating income of $11.3 million and net income of $10.5 million on total revenues of $82.6 million for the three months ended September 30, 2001. Load factor for the quarter was 76.4%. These results included a pre-tax gain of $6.7 million for compensation received under the Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act. Without the effect of the government compensation, operating income would have been $4.6 million.

For the nine months ended September 30, 2001, the airline reported operating income of $30.3 million and net income of $28.3 million on total revenues of $224.9 million, including the pre-tax gain of $6.7 million noted above, and a load factor of 78.6%.

"To report a profit in the third quarter while most of our industry is reporting unprecedented losses is a great tribute to the dedication and hard work of the entire JetBlue team," said David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue. "They have shown remarkable resourcefulness and adaptability in keeping our airline operating smoothly while dealing with new security directives in the wake of the September 11 tragedy. It also shows the resilience of our low fare, low cost business model."

good to see its not all doom and gloom in the US.

Avman
16th Nov 2001, 14:54
Congratulations Jetblue! One of my all time favourite airlines in the USA. I use them whenever I can.