PDA

View Full Version : Pitss S2A

Salvador
13th Sep 2001, 05:53
For those of you thinking of taking a type rating or flying a Pitts S2A, I write to advise you that G-WREN that in my opinion this machine is currently unairworthy. At 170+ mph there is a control restriction. I am astonished that the operator ignores this problem and still operates the machine. For further information please contact Iain Dall
on 01933 682 223

poetpilot
14th Sep 2001, 16:44
Salvador, what steps have you taken to voice & document your complaint:

(a) To the operator - who not only has duties under aviation legislation but also has Health & Safety duties & rsponsibilities to his/her employees & customers. penalty last time I heard was £20,000 + jail sentence.

(b) To your instructor - who as an employee has the same as (a)

(c) To the engineers - who as sub-contractors have ditto

(d) To the CAA.

Is the defect noted in the flight log for the school? How much discussion has gone on regarding this?

There are good channels to work through to get this sorted.

Be careful in getting at the operator in this public way if you have not taken all reasonable, documented steps to rectify it yourself - if you are a member of a club you may even have a (legal) personal responsibility if you have not documented your concerns to the appropriate club/school people and authorities.

Hope it gets sorted!

Lucy Kimbell
15th Sep 2001, 14:50
Following recent allegations concerning the airworthiness of Pitts S2A G-WREN, Northamptonshire School of Flying Ltd, the sole owners of the aircraft, wish to advise all interested parties that a full and thorough investigation of alleged control problems has been carried out by our own licensed engineer and subsequently by one of the UK's leading Pitts experts. The aircraft has been signed off as fully airworthy and fit for flight.

A copy of the engineers' reports are available to any concerned party, and the Company fully acknoweledges, and is completely aware of, its obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act, as well as its obvious obligations regarding the safety of its customers.

For further information and fullest details, please contact Roger Kimbell, Managing Director, Northamptonshire School of Flying. T: 01604 644678 or [email protected]

stiknruda
15th Sep 2001, 15:36
Flown it before and would be happy to fly it again.

I am not connected in any way with NSF.

Stik

a Pitts pilot :D

Salvador
15th Sep 2001, 18:27
I am happy to see that this has been sorted out. :rolleyes:

PPRuNe Pop
16th Sep 2001, 17:24
Just a note:

Be careful what you post. The above came close to being unfounded accusations. If you are an engineer that may count, but then you should make your opinions known to the owners. Do NOT post them on PPRuNe unless you give up to us your full name first and are prepared to stand by what you say.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]