PDA

View Full Version : FAA Biennial review in the UK

poetpilot
7th Sep 2001, 17:01
Apologies if you follow the threads in www.fler.co.uk (http://www.fler.co.uk) but I felt I might get wider response if I post this one here.......

Does anyone know of an instructor/school where I could do my FAA biennial, that's near Manchester or the West Midlands? The flyer thread shows that there's a guy in Oxford and a guy in Aberdeen but I'd be looking for something closer to home/reachable without taking a whole day out if poss.

Also, has anyone renewed over here and experienced any trouble/apprehension from a renter when turning up to rent an aircraft in the US? On paper I would expect no problem, but I wonder how it gets looked at over there? Maybe it's better to just get it done at the renter's when you turn up.....

skywatcher
7th Sep 2001, 21:57
Don't know of anyone in your area but Soloflight at Humberside do it and so does American Aviation at Gloucester. You can as you suggest just do it when you get to the states and rent an aircraft. All the schools I've been to will do a checkout anyway, so it might as well be the Bi-annual review. ;)

Keef
8th Sep 2001, 02:42
That's the right advice.

I've not yet met a US school that doesn't insist on a checkout with one of their instructors, regardless of your experience and status.

So book to do your BFR with them - an hour's groundschool and an hour's flying, and you're checked out for that place and BFR'ed all in one go.
;)

poetpilot
10th Sep 2001, 13:45
Yep, you're right & thank you. Also had an email from a good informed source in the states to the same effect. Just one of those little things where I'd like to think I was "current" - but in reality I dont really need it until the point I want to step into an N reg and fly it. I'll wait and book it for when i go to the states.
Ta muchly once more.