PDA

View Full Version : Barton Manchester - No More Airport Hotel

poetpilot
7th Sep 2001, 16:43
Useless piece of info unless you are a user of the right-on-the-doorstep accommodation at Barton Manchester.

They've knocked down the Airport Hotel by the airport entrance. Previously this offered rather basic but reasonably priced B&B. It's now a few bricks on a bit of earth. It was also quite historic, though not a listed building, being one of the original airport buildings when Barton was first opened (I think).

A few years back when I was more "in the know" there was an intention by the landowners to build a motel/hotel complex along the edge of the airfield, so I don't know whether this is now happening. If it does, and if it's similar to the plan I saw, at least it won't affect the airfield adversely - may even help it.

At least our landing fees are cheaper than Blackpool, WX diversion or not! (Just make sure you have spare u/c components when you come).
;)

g-okay
8th Sep 2001, 01:41
As a user of Barton i also have seen the big pile of bricks, you dont knock somthing down unless you are going to build, so what do you think will be put there? I think that it would have been a great atribute to the club, ar well not any more. :D